A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2010 Birthday Discussion and Gallery!  (Read 12009 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2010 07:12:48 PM »

I started on jennilockers stuff - well it was cut out, but now that she got back to me I was able to start the actualy projects, I might need a bit longer than Friday - I have 3 Halloween costumes to finish up at the same time:S yep, call me crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2010 09:15:06 PM »

I received an amazing package from RhymeswOrange today! Pictures to come soon<3
I totally did a brain fart and forgot today was the 18th, but I will be sending out Mai Britt's package first thing tomorrow!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleLime

I'll try anything once.. or twice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2010 07:36:34 AM »

I received my package from RhymeswOrange and i will post pics as soon as I have new camera batteries. (tonight) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RhymeswOrange!!! She is so utterly PERFECT!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, unless it has to do with crafting.
koolaidria

You stand where your footsteps lead you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2010 10:49:28 AM »

Homigosh. So I totally recieved from PurpleLime DAYS ago. The day after I played a ridiculously awesome prank on my sister (she called it juvenile and cruel, I call it effing hilarious!). In retaliation, she hacked my most visited websites that I have accounts on and changed all my passwords to a certain part of the male anatomy (found that part out later...) and switching the email addresses so I couldn't get new password junk. My friend Philly has had my computer since then, re-hacking for me. And he's amazing and fixed it all!!

Sigh, you can't make that crap up...

Anyways, I'm loading the photos of my package onto my computer as we speak!!

And cinnamon, I'm so so so glad you like your banner!! Your photo looks much better than the ones I took. koolaidria = decent newb, huh? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a nerdy flourescent curvaceous artistic musical lover of life and personal swaps.
Wisty Goodness
koolaidria

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010 01:58:56 PM »

Beware: TONS of photos!

So, I'm convinced I'm the luckiest recipient in this swap. No offense. I got freaking spoiled. I got claimed for a half apron, expected a tiny little box or a bubble-wrap bag in my little mailbox. I was wrong. I got a huge box, so big it had to go in the huge mailbox below the community ones, and so heavy I didn't think I'd be able to carry it down the street and around the corner back to my house. But I survived, thank goodness!

So I start opening my package and there's glittery red tissue paper, which I'm totally using for my costume this year. And there's a cute Dr. Seuss card, which is genius because I love Dr. Seuss with all my heart and I never even told her that...

Next I unwrapped these three bags made from magazine pages! By this point you can see I'd already opened them. ^^"

Inside one, we have various colors of cross stitching / embroidery floss, in another was a pack of needles, and in the last was a beautiful book she made/wrote:

In addition to the lovely collage page above, there's a beautiful story about an old man who lived by the sea, who loved gardens and telling the author stories. And because he was old, he died. No more stories. So, to remember him, she planted a garden of her own. That's all paraphrasing, and I may have messed a bit of it up because my niece is checking it out and won't let me check, but that's the lovely gist of it!

I also recieved cross-stitching books from the 80s and 90s, holiday themes (boy there are some awesome obscure ones!!) and a cross-stitch caligraphy book!

Heehee, sparkly paper. <3

And now, the very thing I was claimed for - - the half apron! She said she didn't use a pattern and I'm like, whoa, dang!! It's so beautiful! I love the colors and and it fits me perfectly, with enough of a band to make a big fat obnoxious bow, like I like! I use a boutique camera lens so I had to stand faaaar away from a mirror, and in order to do that I had to risk my life by straddling my sister's garden tub. A nice quality photo was worth it, I think!

And the big patch of embroidery/applique/whatever amazingness it is - - IS A POCKET!!!

So in conclusion, I'm the most spoiled rotten little newbie swapper in the entire universe. Thank you - beyond all words - for this amazing set of birthday gifts, PurpleLime. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a nerdy flourescent curvaceous artistic musical lover of life and personal swaps.
Wisty Goodness
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2010 02:03:55 PM »

That apron is lovely! Smiley

However, I was seriously worried about your balance in those pictures. One slip could cause a broken bone. Eep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mai Britt

"leave me alone - I'm making me rum and noodles"

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2010 02:17:38 PM »

You guys are both very talented and lucky people. Cheesy you got great gifts!

I just send mine out today. I hope it will arrive to Jennilocker soon.. But I have no idea how long it takes from Denmark to USA.

I just hope Jennifer like it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2010 02:19:07 PM »

Mai, mail from the US to England takes about 10 days so I'm guessing not much more than that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koolaidria

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2010 04:31:28 PM »

Ehh, don't worry about me, troublet. I used to be a dancer. And I've noticed, as my weight's going down, my balance is loads better. I think it has to do with my development of a bum, honestly. Didn't have one before, so I'd always kinda fall forward, but, well, ya know. Yeah. Basically, I'm fine. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
PurpleLime

I'll try anything once.. or twice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2010 06:32:49 PM »

In my mail was a box. In this box was a fox. This fox is purple. And awesome... and my rhyme just broke, as did my grammar. Wink
It is a fox!!! It is a scarf!!! Drum roll please for the amazing purple fox by RhymeswOrange!!!

(Please excuse my ridiculously goofy expression, but I never have made a very good model and it was the only decent pic that showed all of the purple fox with her wonderfully LONG tail.)

A not so goofy pic:

The close up:

I cannot begin to express my utter delight with this AWESOME scarf/fox!! She is PERFECT and will see MUCH use this winter! Cheesy (See, I told you I'd be thrilled.)  Thank you RhymeswOrange for being such an awesome swap partner! Cheesy

The ONLY problem I have is that I will now have to figure out how to make another one for my daughter... she keeps trying to steal it.  Cry

She needs a name..... any suggestions?? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, unless it has to do with crafting.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Color Mixer
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing Advanced Color Selection
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Setting Colors in Flash
Macromedia Flash 8 - Object-Based Drawing
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating and Arranging Groups
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...