A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New! Purses! (yes, me again!)  (Read 3655 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

b2j2fitz
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010 07:36:52 AM »

`I to love the shape of these bags.  Do you sell the patterns or have you ever posted the patterns for others to use?  I'd love to try out the guitar bag... Smiley

Also, for the one asking how you sew with a toddler?  Teach, teach, teach...I have 3 kids, 5 and under. I started sewing when I was expecting the 2nd.  I can't keep them out of my sewing room because my sewing room is one and the same with their playroom, so I taught them not to touch my machine (dangerous you know)...and I pull out toys, playdough...different things to occupy them.  I'm doing my first craft fair next month, so I'm sewing like crazy every day!!!!!!!  I bought a planner with the hours of the day in it...I schedule my day leaving 45 min in the am and the pm for housework.  I try to take a break each hour to sit and read books with the girls or tickle, tickle, tickle...which they love. Smiley Oh yeah, the 5 year old started kindergarten this year so that helps...sometimes.  Sometimes the 3 year old misses her brother.    Good luck Smiley It's difficult at times, but if you can get into a schedule as was already mentioned, it will really help.

Julie
http://vibrant-designs.blogspot.com/2010/10/stocking-up-for-our-first-craft-fair.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellarcheri
Stellar-ness

Sewing Machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010 12:06:36 PM »

`I to love the shape of these bags.  Do you sell the patterns or have you ever posted the patterns for others to use?  I'd love to try out the guitar bag... Smiley

Also, for the one asking how you sew with a toddler?  Teach, teach, teach...I have 3 kids, 5 and under. I started sewing when I was expecting the 2nd.  I can't keep them out of my sewing room because my sewing room is one and the same with their playroom, so I taught them not to touch my machine (dangerous you know)...and I pull out toys, playdough...different things to occupy them.  I'm doing my first craft fair next month, so I'm sewing like crazy every day!!!!!!!  I bought a planner with the hours of the day in it...I schedule my day leaving 45 min in the am and the pm for housework.  I try to take a break each hour to sit and read books with the girls or tickle, tickle, tickle...which they love. Smiley Oh yeah, the 5 year old started kindergarten this year so that helps...sometimes.  Sometimes the 3 year old misses her brother.    Good luck Smiley It's difficult at times, but if you can get into a schedule as was already mentioned, it will really help.

Julie
http://vibrant-designs.blogspot.com/2010/10/stocking-up-for-our-first-craft-fair.html

Teaching is a good idea too but as we all know the younger ages tend to listen well in the beginning! Haha in doing a craft show in November and I have been sewing my butt off! Keeping a good schedule works well for me! I like the planner idea too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rae-mazing

But it's better if you do.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010 08:45:09 PM »

I saw the thumbnail and was instantly like, "Oh! StellarCheri!" lol. As always, your bags look perfect and professional. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I always need fabric, findings/notions, and cute handmade things!

www.wastedwishes.etsy.com

www.wastedwishes.blogspot.com
FallenPixiePhoenix
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010 06:18:37 AM »

so cute! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amethyst6
Life is what you make it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010 07:42:25 AM »

Wow, your bags are awesome. I love the color combo on the pink/black and white one. I love the shape of the guitar one. You did a fantastic job on these. I wish I could sew a bag and have it come out half as nice as these. Mine end up looking like a walking train wreck. LOL...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/amethyst6
I am interested in personal swaps. PM me.
Caddylolz

Making crafty messes since 1993

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010 06:26:39 PM »

Those bags are amazing! Cheesy I love the black and white patterned cloth on the first one, and the pink straps were a really nice touch.
The second one is amazing too, especially the cloth and shape  Roll Eyes I never get to find any amazing cloth like that in stores where I live :| I need to look harder I guess!

Anyways great job and I love your bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog: www.itstherealthing.tumblr.com
de Santos (my craft business): http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/De-Santos-by-Carla-Bellot/149730198394526?ref=ts

willing to do personal swaps Smiley
NavyBlue4Eight

If it wasn't for this anchor...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010 08:04:12 PM »

And here I thought that I was the only one who could look at a thumbnail and go, "StellarCheri made that"!  As always, your work is lovely.  I especially like the black, white and pink tote bag.

I have a 15 month old too.  I find that it's easier to do the prep work (ironing interfacing, tracing and cutting patterns, etc) while he is active, and then sew when he's sleeping.  My sewing table is in the living room (play room) and we have a fairly open foor plan, so there's no good way to keep him out.  I hate sewing while he's playing because that means having to turn my back on him and he's recently discovered the joys of climbing. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLTMedicMommy
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010 09:47:16 PM »

I cant say how much I LOVE the pink and black purse! The pink was a great accent color! I was wonderig if the pink was just plain fabric and if your reinforce the handles or is it just fabric.

Oh and i like the shape of the other bag too, great that you designed that yourself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.--
Leonardo da Vinci
stellarcheri
Stellar-ness

Sewing Machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010 10:49:20 PM »

I was wonderig if the pink was just plain fabric and if your reinforce the handles or is it just fabric.

not sure what you are asking, hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h0p31355

How *hard* could it be?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010 12:00:52 PM »

I love the shape of the second one!  Great job on both
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~h0p31355~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do the Graffiti Letter O
How to Do the Graffiti Letter B
How to Do the Graffiti Letter A
How to Do the Graffiti Letter S
How to Do Flare Graffiti
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...