A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 43 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 36581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #730 on: October 30, 2010 12:58:52 PM »

This is one of the most recent pictures of me. I'm always astonished of how young I look >_< I'm tired of looking like a fourteenyearold for the 9th year in a row. I know it will one day avenge itself.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/pixi-ixiq/clothies/_mg_6901.jpg

Btw...would anyone want to befriend me om facebook too? Smiley
You can add me! I saw your post on the craftster page and tried to add you but it won't let me. Must be your privacy settings. I posted right above you.

anyone else who'd like to add me feel free if you can't find me message me adn I'll give you my direct url. Smiley

You guys can add me too!  Just search Amy Stagner (I'm the one wearing glasses, with brown hair and a my awesome magenta craft room wall behind me).  Just make sure you mention who you are on the friend request, otherwise I will just automatically deny it .

I am finally making some progress on Z's costume... my sewing machine is being a pain the behind.  It REALLY needs to go in for a service so it's not wanting to cooperate, just wants to eat thread *nomnom*

Mmmmmm, slippers... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/simply-felted-ladies-slippers  (NEED!)
They have a baby version too (also NEED)!

can you hot glue it? Sounds silly but since it's something you need quick it could work. My grandma used to hotglue all kinds of things when her sewing machine went crazy or her hands or eyes hurt too much to sew. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #731 on: October 30, 2010 02:03:45 PM »

I know there's a few people here who like acorns, so I thought I'd share this link for a cute acorn pendant you can easily make with beads and bead caps. I'd probably go for more of a monotone look, but it's cute even with the "hodgepodge" look.

http://www.artbeads.com/little-acorns-pendant.html?icid=hppromo1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #732 on: October 30, 2010 02:08:37 PM »

I'm about to run out the door with the kids to a Halloween event, but here I am again. This is today, wearing the bat necklace I got from Phizzy a couple of years ago. I wore the beaded bat I got from Atsuko yesterday. I love the STS goodies I've collected over the years!

30 pounds down, 60 to go...Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #733 on: October 30, 2010 04:35:55 PM »

happy halloweekend!
I figured she had stuff going on, but I wanted to try to get a hold of her.... hm
anyone know of a way outside of STS

I will try to update the STS facebook more.

I am knitting : http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring09/PATThanne.php right now. SLOWLY.

the weather is awful today, and I have no halloween plans. I am at that awkward point where none of my friends are doing anything, and the weather is so bad I don't want to plan anything. *lame*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: October 30, 2010 05:43:40 PM »

Added a tatted necklace to my shop.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010 07:15:23 AM by HippieKender » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #735 on: October 30, 2010 05:57:06 PM »

Aw, thanks LL!  I love knowing that my pieces are worn....and liked!  Smiley  I really like those bats.  Maybe I should make some of those for the teachers next year.  Smiley

Cool necklace HK!!  Your tatting is great!

I am working on my _____ for my partner ATM!!  Smiley  So happy.  Decided to rework the pattern a bit after showing it to Lana.  She has so many good suggestions.  Plus she is good with color, unlike me.  Smiley  Going to spend a long night crafting.  Hopefully I'll get most of it done tonight!  Smiley

Can't believe Halloween is tomorrow!!  We got our pumpkins out, put our paper skeletons everywhere, put a huge web on the hedge in front, and made tons of Gak.  Smiley  I'm thinking of giving out Gak to the kids in the neighborhood next year.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #736 on: October 30, 2010 06:13:39 PM »

Right now, I'm just doing some house slippers using a pattern that I claimed from funthreads; another house slipper pattern will  hopefully be in the works if I can ever get a copy of this library book.  I'm thinking of drafting a pattern for slippers to use with sweaters and/or felt.

Scrap fabric slippers so far:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #737 on: October 30, 2010 07:28:29 PM »

Yeah, you are a cutie, atsuko!  Now I see where Lana gets it from Wink  I've added a pic or 2 of me in that OT thread, and anyone can see me by clicking my FB link in my profile as well.  Here's the 2 of us though, fairly recent at a kind-of bad angle...wow, I need teeth whitening and to lose some serious weight Undecided *sigh* I've become unhappy with how I look again....I'm on the left:

I may have to dial it back on the crafting and dial it up on the exercise Tongue  I think I forgot to mention that I added a listing for custom kid's lounge pants to my shop, as the lounge pants listing was for adults only, but I can round up a pattern for kids' PJs for a little coin, so I have opened that option up.  I need to look around for some more prints to put in there for the kid's pants, as those will take WAY less yardage than adult pants, and I know I have some cute prints in not a lot of yardage hanging around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #738 on: October 30, 2010 07:52:15 PM »

I'm going to give a small confession. Wink

I'm addicted to watching Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel. I am completely awed by the foods that he talks about. It's the amateur anthropologist in me. LOL

Now, the cool thing that I just watched on his Thailand show is the production and eating of silk worms. Of course, he talked about the whole silk production process from moth to larvae to cocoon. Then, it showed the ladies of the village harvesting the silk, dyeing and weaving. Approximately one thousand yards of super fine silk strand comes from a single cocoon. After the strands are harvested, all that remains is a paper like sack that has the worm inside. The worms get stir fried, taste a lot like popcorn and are eaten as a snack at the end of a hard day harvesting silk.

Simply amazing.

If you have NetFlix, look for Bizarre Foods Season 5. It's worth watching. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #739 on: October 30, 2010 08:14:11 PM »

Aw, thanks Sapphire!  You and your girl look so cute together...like twins!!  We should start an exercise-a-long on the Off-topics page!  I've put on too much weight!  

Bizarre Foods is fun.  That guy has eaten so many weird foods.  I don't think I could do that.  Smiley

ETA: Ptarmic, I love your pic.  I was just telling John about you using your other bathtub as a dye tub.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010 08:15:18 PM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Dip Recipe: Chili Con Carne
How to Make Chicken Wings in Cola
How to Make a Steak and Eggs Breakfast
Almond Yogurt Waffles and Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
How to Make Pork and Black Bean Chili
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...