A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 43 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 36807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2010 09:06:26 PM »

I know lo{ve} was starting school this month and getting settled in san francisco and dealing with some health stuff; it's been about a month since I've talked to her, come to think of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
RubyTuesday
« Reply #701 on: October 29, 2010 12:27:05 AM »

Happy birthday to the birthday girls!  Smiley

Aw those thumb sucking mits are just the sweetest thing, i think my nephew might 'need' a pair - even though he doesn't suck his thumb, although i think he'll probably try to eat them!  Cheesy

And...when i logged into ravelry i found a request to use my cardigan pic on the gallery for the Inga
by Marie Wallin pattern - woohoo Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 12:29:29 AM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2010 12:57:06 AM »

I haven't heard from Love. But I do know that when she gets sick, she gets really sick :/ We were both in the I Have a Disease swap some time last year.

Well. That's it. I have to try knitting those tiny baby mitts tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2010 05:55:52 AM »

Thanks for all the comments guys! I think of a bunch of stuff that could apply to the sculpture depending on how you look at it. Definitely a reflection of my errr inner hoarder lol. My classmates kept asking me where I got all that random stuff and I could only say that I've been collecting for a while.....haha. As well someone mentioned the consumerism of society which I also thought of, and the question of does the stuff we have/own own us or do we own it? The crow/raven suggests the hoarder/collector of shiny crap, but I did add the twist of the pile of stuff at the left hand, which I think kind of implies that the hoarding is self-generated rather than hoarding through the crow...yeah, it's early. I'm not sure if I'm making sense. But thanks again guys!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2010 07:01:31 AM »

makes perfect sense to me and I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee Cheesy

Organizer note!

Sign ups for the new round will be open Monday evening.  Claims will be accepted for round 43 until midnight Sunday Smiley

I am heading out of town and won't be back until sunday night, I don't know if I'll have much internet access so will for sure catch up with anything then.

For the new kids on the block, if you wish to continue into the next round you must send in a signup for it once the new thread is open (no early signups)  Once you have sent to all 3 organizers, you are free to go grab your shop spot (please do so after sending your signup) and can transfer your shop over.  Your point total from the end of this round is what you start with.  You don't need an extra spot in your profile as I close out the old round and open the new one at the same time.  Everyone please check the total you have with the updated final points list and let us know if there is any discrepancy.  Everyone with under/over 3 points must sign up by the 15th of November in order to avoid Neg feedback/losing their extra points to the inflation fund.

If you plan on leaving the swap, please let us know and make sure you have 3 points.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 07:01:56 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #705 on: October 29, 2010 11:54:25 AM »

Great sculpture, SB!

Probably not a lot of crafting for me this weekend...lots of theater stuff, getting stuff together for the guild sale on Monday, cleaning up the garden, etc. Today we are having a fire just west of the city, they are about to shut off power to a big chunk of the city to start a back burn. My work is just south of the area that will lose power, otherwise I bet we'd get to go home early. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 12:00:28 PM by ptarmic wumpus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #706 on: October 29, 2010 01:55:20 PM »

Boulder and the fires this year! Ugh.

Speaking of ugh, I'm under the weather somewhat and can't think of anything to say that's of interest. Will probably be going back to bed.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2010 05:59:30 PM »

Just popped in to say hi and let you all know that I not only survived the Halloween party, but was asked by the teacher to run all of their parties.  Smiley
Just in case any of you want to take a peek at the parade, singing, and merriment:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john_n_rox/sets/72157625144326103/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2010 06:52:15 PM »

They're all adorable, atsuko!  Looks like you had 2 Mario's at the party Smiley  When I was younger, I would always get mad when someone had the same dress/shirt/costume/etc. as me LOL!  I've always wanted to be 'unique' from a young age.  Forgive me, but I don't know that I've ever seen a photo of you, although have seen many of Lana, is that you in the pink flapper costume?

I survived my mini vacation....though I don't think I've ever done SO much physical activity on a trip in my LIFE.  I'm hoping to get some more goodies made for next round, hopefully, as I've gotta put Xmas gifts at the head of the line because Monday will be NOVEMBER.  Gads, where did the YEAR go??!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #709 on: October 30, 2010 05:24:31 AM »

Oh by the way, girls, if any of you know anyone who is in need of monocles, I have 73 acrylic ones lying around from the convention (with steampunk theme). There is three different sizes all in 6 different colors. Orange, bordeau, light blue, black, clear, acid green. All can be seen through Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Heather Bertinelli’s Dark Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Peach Cobbler in a Dutch Oven
Chocolate Chip Calzone Recipe
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookie Recipe
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...