A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 303,937
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 43 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 36779 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #660 on: October 26, 2010 09:34:05 PM »

I love making paper but haven't done it in awhile.....you're lucky to still be able to craft outside Smiley

when I was in the hospital for months (with nothing but time on my hands) I tried to master the origami crane.  Utter failure.  my daughter cranks them out without even looking at what she's doing.  sigh....

I can't wait to see your calenders calluna! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #661 on: October 26, 2010 09:36:08 PM »

how to do knots between pearls. I've always wondered how you get those knots so close to the beads - now I know!

Pearls??  I love my pearls!  Paul got me a pearl necklace for our first Christmas (and our 2nd, 3rd & 4th)  I may not always wear my wedding/engagement/mother's rings, but the only time you will catch me without one of my pearl necklaces is when I'm in the shower. The only thing that gets me more excited than pearls is opals ... my birthday is in Oct ... today (26) in fact.  Anyone that wears opals that aren't born in October, you really need to send them to me.  It's is very bad mojo for a non-October person to possess opals.  I'll do you a big favor and take them off your hands Smiley

I finally finished my 2nd sock to its mate that I knitted last winter.  I had just finished up 2 pair of socks knitted on size 2 needles and started this 2nd sock.  Thought I was being smart and counted the rows in the leg, et al.  I got about 3/4 finished with this 2nd sock before I compared it with the 1st sock ... OMG! The 2nd sock was huge!!  Went to size 1 needles, knitted about 3", rip-it, rip-it.  Size 0 needles, frogged it also after 3 inches.  Finally 00 needles and my socks match!  I have a new pair of socks to wear for my 50th BD!

Being the conservative radical that I am, I took a small section of hair behind my left ear, braided it up and paced some beads on it.  Now I'm on the look out for small, hand-made tubular (or other shaped) beads for my hair (which is shoulder blade length, 'highlighted' with grey on auburn, with a very dark dye on the undergrowth hair)

For my shop, I've finished a knitted cell phone purse.  One that will be worn across your chest and rest between hip and waist level.  I'm working on the 2nd one.  The yarn used for this was hand spun and 3-plied from roving I traded with Nesse for.  The yarn for the two purses, even though spun from the same roving, were spun differently, so they will still be one-of-a-kind.  The strap is a knitted I-cord.  I'm not sure if I should ask 2 or 3 points for it.  If it were knitted from store bought, I'd would offer it for a lot cheaper, but these are definitely one-of-a-kind, never to be repeated.  Don't know if that is worth anything to you'all, but for the past 4 decades I've hated being seen with the same thing as something else ... could be the result of a parochial school and having to wear uniforms!!

I'll post photos when I'm finished with the 2nd cell phone case and plead for y'all to help me decide the point value.

p.s.

I LOVE being 50!! It is sooo freeing!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010 09:36:44 PM by mullerslanefarm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #662 on: October 26, 2010 09:41:40 PM »

Happy Birthday mlf!!!  yay for new socks to mark the occasion Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #663 on: October 26, 2010 09:43:47 PM »

but I did finally learn how to do a crochet chain, which, though utterly simple to the hookers, is baffling to me.  Smiley

It's a good lesson for plying in spinning though!  The elusive 'Navajo Ply' is nothing more than the simple crochet chain (large!) only spinning with it!!

The trick with going back and doing the single chain across the crochet chain is determining if you want to put your hook through the 'bump' on the back of the chain, or the 2 stitches on the 'front' of the chain.  Just be consistant (or not, crochet is very forgiving!!!)

Or set up an indigo vat, in honor of PW who lives where it's too cold to have one now.
  Now that's a friend ... or maybe not ... if you're thinking 'naa-naa-na-naa-na', then it's just cruel!!  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
calluna
« Reply #664 on: October 26, 2010 09:45:22 PM »

Happy birthday!! And thanks for the Navajo plying tip!  Grin

LOL-- no, I don't want to rub it in her face.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010 09:46:16 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #665 on: October 26, 2010 09:52:15 PM »

Happy Bday MLF!!  Hope you're having an awesome day!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #666 on: October 26, 2010 09:52:31 PM »

Happy birthday, MLF! And happy socks too Smiley

Actually, I moved my indigo vat into the spare bathtub last month. Hopefully the enamel will come clean with bleach...

Finished the badger, although his pants are a bit small.

I think he was supposed to be made in cotton and not really thick sweaters, but maybe I will just make him a larger pair of pants...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2010 02:08:28 AM »

LOL ...Mr Badger looks very dashing in his pants. Cheesy

Happy Birthday MLF!

I'm fascinated by quilling. I've tried it but that's as far as my patience would let me go. I don't think I have the patience for paper art.

A couple of years ago, I had a student in my AP class (which means I had her in my classes for 3 yrs at that point) who at first, was completely unable to pay attention. Her Senior year, she found origami. As long as she was fidgiting with a piece of paper, she could focus in class and her grades improved! I allowed her access to my unusable paper stash and she would make something new for me every day. I had cranes, unicorns, a dragon, frogs and other creatures all over my bookshelf. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2010 02:42:15 AM »

Happy birthday, MLF.  If my memory is correct, Rackycoo's birthday is soon also.  Happy birthday to you both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2010 05:23:00 AM »

Happy B'day mullerslanefarm!  I know it's a day late, but turning 50 calls for a week long celebration, right?

OMG...I can't believe it's already the last week of October Tongue  I've been meaning to update my shop with new stuff but erm, other things cropped up in life...and I've been chugging along with my STS community holiday appreciation swap stuff.  I'll have to work on new stuff for the shop before the next round of the STS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beyonce Makeover After
Favorite Celeb Body Parts
Beyonce Makeover Before
Overheard Backstage: The Best Beauty Tips From NYFW
Floating Picture Frame - Do It, Gurl
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...