A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 43 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 37023 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #650 on: October 26, 2010 05:13:52 PM »

Cool, I know what you mean Loves....I guess I just don't like fiddling with pieces.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: October 26, 2010 05:14:54 PM »

Those gloves are really cute!  Cheesy

In other news: I am utterly depressed at the state of Halloween stores in today's age. I ran into one after work today to see if I could find a crow to use in my 3-D sculpture (none to be found! annoying!) and was overwhelmed by the amount of cheap plastic crap they're peddling as costumes now. Even last minute handmade costumes are 10x better than that stuff. Oie.

Rant over.

Oh I also made a couple of things for my shop  Grin Though it'll be a little while before I can post them. I'll continue working slowly to restock and hopefully will have some new stuff to offer next round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #652 on: October 26, 2010 05:34:39 PM »

Oh wow those gloves are too freaking cute!!  I'm so going to make them as soon as I'm done with Christmas swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #653 on: October 26, 2010 05:40:44 PM »

For those of you who make jewelry (or want to make jewelry), I just came across these videos at one of my online jewelry supply stores I frequent. They're actually pretty good, so I thought I'd share in case anyone was interested. I especially liked the video about how to do knots between pearls. I've always wondered how you get those knots so close to the beads - now I know!

http://www.jewelrysupply.com/index.php/vid_techniques.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #654 on: October 26, 2010 06:16:25 PM »

AQ,thanks for that link. Last winter, I bought some pearl knotting supplies and a tool, but then life got crazy and I haven't gotten around to trying it. I used to know how to knot pearls a little about 20 years ago, but haven't tried it with a proper knotting tool. You just gave me some ideas for Christmas. If I have trouble with my knotting tool, her tweezers method makes sense to me. I had forgotten all about my pearl knotting stuff. I was waiting for a quiet moment to re-learn it. As if.  Cheesy

This is my tool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNgmt5dJTw
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #655 on: October 26, 2010 06:24:28 PM »

I've been sort of quiet on my end lately. Work has been rough this past week so I'm doing good if I make it to the couch before I pass out every evening.

I'm planning on going through my shop and cleaning out claimed items as well as rearranging a bit.

This weekend, I plan to work on some small items for my shop to add for the next round.

Is there any interest in beginner embroidery kits? I can put together a basic kit and let the person claiming choose some simple designs to be stitched. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #656 on: October 26, 2010 08:01:51 PM »

Well, no shop progress here...but I did finally learn how to do a crochet chain, which, though utterly simple to the hookers, is baffling to me.  Smiley After I did a couple stitches successfully, my grandmother wanted to jump right in to making circles and posts and whatnot but I finally said, wait! Stop! Just let me get a good grasp on the basic stitch for a while!

I'm tempted to pounce on the pom-pom trim, but I'm trying my best to save my points for crafted items right now. Still, red pom-pom trim for the holidays does seem perfect...

Custom 2011 page-a-day calendars will be in my shop soon. Crocheted items, however, will not.  Cheesy Maybe STS round 70.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #657 on: October 26, 2010 09:04:39 PM »

Don't feel bad calluna I've NEVER been able to progress past a single chain....crochet is the only craft I've not been able to master (well that and origami cranes but I try not to think about those....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #658 on: October 26, 2010 09:20:55 PM »

Ah, If only I could master doing altered art like the rest of you...I'd trade my skill at making origami cranes.  In Hawaii they teach you how to make them in Kindergarten and you pretty much make them constantly at fairs, etc.  I think most kids there can make them in their sleep.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #659 on: October 26, 2010 09:21:39 PM »

Don't feel bad calluna I've NEVER been able to progress past a single chain....crochet is the only craft I've not been able to master (well that and origami cranes but I try not to think about those....)

Hehe, I feel bad sometimes saying I do "papercrafting" since I don't do origami, quilling, silhouette cutting, cardmaking...One time I used the word with someone, and they honestly went through all of those, trying to clarify what I did do. It was awkward.  Cheesy
Them: "Oh, papercrafting, so you like to do origami?"
Me: "Actually, I don't know how."
Them: "So...you make cards?"
Me: "Not really."
Them: "Quilling? Or those cut-out banners?"
Me: "I haven't tried those, yet..."  Embarrassed

Now that the brutal summer heat is past us, I kind of want to do some paper-making outside. Or set up an indigo vat, in honor of PW who lives where it's too cold to have one now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Citrus, Turkey, Other Foods to Winter-Proof Your Skin
How to Do an Autumn Copper Eye Makeup Look
The Monday Makeover - Cat Eye Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Highlighted Face Tutorial
Three Tricks to Achieve Bold Brows with Jeanine Lobell
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...