A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding gift ideas, please  (Read 2345 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

earth mama diva

"She's crafty-that's what I like" - Beastie Boys

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2005 09:15:27 AM »

I have two friends getting married in June. One in the 4th and one on the 25th.

I'm really close to both of them, In fact, I'm the Matron of Honor in both weddings. But I'm going to be moving cross-country soon so I'm left with little money, time, and frankly, energy. But, I want to make them something kitchy, not-cheesy and special.

They both are unique and fun and can appreciate good kitch. The one getting married on the 4th is into music, really into music, "Master's degree in vocal performance" into music.

The other is an animal lover. Into anthropology, and working towards a degree in wildlife veterinary medicine. Defiantly a "beat of her own drummer" kinda girl.

I know there are alot of gift threads, and I looked through alot, but as I wrote earlier, I really don't have much time.

Thank you so much for helping out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess
tinytallgirl
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005 09:21:35 AM »

Musically inclined friend:  Mini Ipod w/homemade cozie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
earth mama diva

"She's crafty-that's what I like" - Beastie Boys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005 10:03:16 AM »

Great Idea, but I think you missed the "no money" part.

Thanks, anyhoo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess
tinytallgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005 10:53:50 AM »

Great Idea, but I think you missed the "no money" part.

Thanks, anyhoo.

Whoops...sorry.  Good luck.  I usually get a beautiful japanese saki set like this and make it a bit sushi/japanese themed.  Something different, pretty, and nice to the wallet.

www.utsuwa.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
dansk
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005 11:10:01 AM »

You can make personalized stationery for them that has both of their names on it.
"From the desk of Mr. & Mrs.______"
Or maybe just both of their names with a symbol that represents each them, music note and an animal?

You can print the design you come up with on your printer (simple), or go crazy with gluing on sequins, fake fur, etc... Put it in one of those hinged wooden boxes that you can get at any craft store, you can decorate that to match.

When I got married, someone gave me personalized coffee mugs. Nothing fancy, just my name engraved on one, and his name engraved on the other. Those were really cheap, we still use them 7 years later, and nothing is more kitchy than personalized mugs!

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamaloo
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005 06:43:27 AM »

You can make a photo frame, in any style you like, and frame the wedding invitation.  You could make a pair and insert the invite into one and a note denoting the frame is for a wedding photo.  You can get plain frame from the dollar store or from the Goodwill or Value Village.  Even Target could source a cheap frame.  The materials would be up to you but you could decoupage sheet music on one, cover the other in sequins or twigs or wine corks or chinese cookie fortunes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gluebelly
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005 12:38:34 PM »

For the music one:

Get a simple line vase or hurricane stick some musical note stickers one it (the notes must be the fully cut out kind) and then do the dip & etch.  Once you was the stickers off they will be clear but the rest will be frosted.

I am still trying to think of ideas for the other one...or other ideas for this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005 03:21:53 PM »

i'm a crafty - animal loving woman who's getting married.... hmmm something for the home, even if its coasters or something you can make. perhaps a stamp of a fox, deer, or something such as that since she's wildlife veterinary. There is PLENTY of home decore for wildlife lovers. Anywhere from ebay to bassproshop.com

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessliak
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005 06:27:19 PM »

What I did for the last weddings I went to (as I also can empathize with the little money) from Walmart I got bed trays (like 10 bucks) and modge podged stuff on it.  One was for my gal friend who LOVES italy and I got a used book and put the pictures on it a map... then I made a place mat, napkin and made pancake mix and got maple syrup !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss.blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
meggs521
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005 11:00:17 PM »

What I did for the last weddings I went to (as I also can empathize with the little money) from Walmart I got bed trays (like 10 bucks) and modge podged stuff on it.  One was for my gal friend who LOVES italy and I got a used book and put the pictures on it a map... then I made a place mat, napkin and made pancake mix and got maple syrup !

That us such a cute idea! I'm going to have to steal this.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crochet for Beginners: Single Crochet Stitch
Increasing and Decreasing and Dropping Stitches
Crochet for Beginners: How to Join Motifs or Make Seams
How to Tie a Slip Knot
How to Hold a Crochet Hook
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...