A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help. Wolf Costume  (Read 1584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

For Narnia, and for Aslan!

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2010 10:24:25 PM »

My bf and I are going to an amusement park soon and want to dress up for their Halloween party.  I'm going as Little Red Riding Hood and we want him to be the big bad wolf.  The costume needs to be simple, one where we can ride rides all day.  I was thinking of just jeans and a cut flannel shirt, but can't think of how to make him more wolf-like.  He's kinda hairy (i.e. beard) so I was planning on just messing up his hair. What other easy accessories would work. Not sure how he feels about a lot of makeup or wearing fangs.

reference pic of the bf
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010 10:25:44 PM by Knitem » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010 10:49:57 PM »

wolf ears would be good... either a head band or hair clips or bobby pins.....
and maybe a tail? ((attach to a belt so can be taken off if needed?))

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010 10:57:23 PM »

Yep, totally go for the wolf ear headband and tail.  And if you're feeling especially crafty, you could sew some faux fur around the sleeves of the shirt, and the cuff of the pants..and maybe a bit poking out of the chest of the shirt ^_^

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010 11:02:21 PM »

what about attaching hairy-wolf ears to a hat? that way if he gets uncomfortable he can take it off.

and you could make a nose cone with wolfy whiskers? Some simple elastic could hold it on.

Oh and a tail attached to his jeans?

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010 12:41:19 AM »

I third (or fourth) the wolf ears. A simple elastic headband with the ears attached to it would be most comfortable. I know hard headbands hurt the crap out of my head right behind my ears, but the elastic ones feel fine. Other than a tail, I say make him half-mittens with faux fur on the back of his hands and wolf-foot shoe covers. That and a bit of facepaint to make him look wolfish and he's all set Cheesy

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010 01:05:38 AM »

Last year I was little red riding hood and coerced my girlfriend( who hates dressing up for halloween) be my big bad wolf. I bought one of those real plain masquerade masks that just cover the eyes and cut it to make bigger eye holes, hot glued a piece of a toilet paper roll cut to fit her nose area comfortably and then used wolf fur lookin fake fur to make an easy and wolfy mask w/snout. I think I used felt to make the actual nose on the snout. Then to make it not so much of a reach I crafted some wolfy ears atop one of her hats and a bushy wolf tail that pinned on to the back of her pants. I will try to find a pic. All in all it was easy for both her and I and she got plenty of compliments :-)
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010 06:28:57 AM »

The wolf ears are a must, no matter how you do them, I think.  Also, how about furry finger-less gloves?  His hands won't get too hot and he'll still be able to grip things, but the first thing that comes to mind when I think big bad wolf is hairy hands (paws)...or maybe I'm thinking of a werewolf.  Hmm...well, that's my 2 cents, anyway!  Good luck!
If it's Nerdy, I'll make it.

Don't make me use my wand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010 07:37:49 AM »

I agree with everything and fangs for top and bottom if you can find them . Cheesy

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010 10:52:24 AM »

shaggy faux fur cuffs for the shirt (maybe someplce colder than Texas you do a shirt collar too) then, get a werewolf face paint kit and see if he can grow his beard out for  a little while. all you need then is black finger nail polish (and remover!), fangs and if u want, pointy ear extenders.

There are lotsof pics and some directions for good make up to help you out if u need it.

Yay Haloween!

the trick is to learn to live with yourself

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010 08:36:50 PM »

I absolutely agree with the headband/ear idea.........you could buy some cheapo brown or brownblack (or even white or grey) mascara for the facial and head hair .....it will darken and fluff up the already existing facial hair and head hair making it stand out more and be a bit "shaggier and wilder"........good luck wit whatever you choose to do! sounds like a fun day no matter what!!

..you say that like it's a bad thing...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look: Mad for Plaid
Twist on a Classic: Denim Shirt
Get the Look: Hint of Leopard
Get the Look: Styling Your Cold Weather Coat
Is It OK to Wear a Dress Over Pants?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...