A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Resurrected Jeans  (Read 333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftytwin
« on: September 29, 2010 02:57:36 PM »

I was making a pouch (which will be on later) out of some too small jeans when Mom gave me the idea to make them fit.  Add a strip of fabric on each side to widen it.  I had only cut the bottom of the jeans up so I cut them to shorts length.  I cut down a tiny ways away from the side seam on both sides (not at the same time) all the way down the leg and all the way to the top.  I found some cute fabric and cut it into two 2'1/2 inch strips.  I cut one leg and sewed the strip on.  I tried them on to see if that leg fit and since it did went upstairs to show Mom.  She told me that the fabric was see through and that I should add some white on the back.  So I cut two white strips and sewed one on to that leg and then cut the other leg and sewed the fishies and the white on at the same time.  I finished my shorts just before bed on a school night and decided to wear them the next day.  During first period I realized the I had forgotten to finish the cut seams down the middle of my jeans and I found a hole in the side seam.  I went down to the Home-Ec classroom and borrowed some safety pins.  I was really embarrassed that I hadn't actually finished my shorts.  I got home and a few days later fixed them up.  I finished the seams and added a fray line.  Pictures soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use Black Wrap on a Film Set
How to use Kino Flo Lights
How to Record Sound Properly with Microphones
How to Record Proper Sound Levels
How to Use a Dolly Zoom
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...