A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla Round 2! (SignUp CLOSED, SendOut 11/15/10)  (Read 58410 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fiorinda
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2010 03:28:01 PM »

Well, I finished the stitching on one, but I will have to wait until later this week to get it properly hooped up and completely finished. I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Perhaps I shall post a peek later.

Off to stitch the next one. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2010 04:09:01 PM »

started stitching today.  and then realized that i've been putting off school work so i gave my hoop to my mister to hide from me.  I may need to go to the store soon.  i can't decide if i want to stitch the background or not....

backstitch and satin stitch is all i'm going to be using, i think.  i'm not sure if i'm be using anything else.  =) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2010 04:26:03 PM »

OGD I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you heal faster than you did the last time......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2010 04:27:12 PM »

Ok nooby question..... what does everyone stitch on? Will cotton fabic work ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muddy21
« Reply #484 on: October 16, 2010 05:12:54 PM »

Ok nooby question..... what does everyone stitch on? Will cotton fabic work ok?

Pretty much anything will work.  I generally stitch on cotton quilting type fabric or plain unbleached muslin.  A slightly heavier rather than lighter weight can be helpful - mostly just to support the weight of the thread and the pull of the needle going in and out.  I'm working on one as a wedding present now that's on a lighter weight fabric but I used a piece of drapery lining material for part of the design to give a bit more body to the stitched area.

Glad you're joining us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: October 16, 2010 05:29:43 PM »

OGD I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you heal faster than you did the last time......

THANKS....hopefully it isnt as bad as it was last time.... hey, last time was when you and I were partners in the art quilt swap.....

I guess if it had to happen again, what better time then when I can sit and stitch.. Grin

after so so so many hours of stitching today, Im really thinking that I should have used a different fabric.... Im going to keep going and hopefully I can pull it off..*keeping my fingers crossed*.... if not, we still have plenty of time....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: October 16, 2010 05:30:09 PM »

usually cotton (or aida cloth for cross stitch) sometimes plain, sometimes patterned.

for one of my hoops i am thinking about trying to stabilze a crushed velvet poly to see if it will work.  and the other one i want to use burlap but i think that may be *too* coarse so i will have to look about...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: October 16, 2010 05:37:55 PM »

I just did a hoop with linen, and I used 2 strands of floss for most of it... linen is so loose so I used a piece of iron on interfacing on the back of the material....and it worked like a CHAMP!!!.... Im using it right now on the back of quilters cotton and it is making live wonderful... and I know we have had the conversation about Thread Heaven before, but just thought Ide say it again, THREAD HEAVEN rocks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muddy21
« Reply #488 on: October 16, 2010 07:10:36 PM »

I've been looking for Thread Heaven but haven't been able to find any.  Where did you get yours?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tonistagg
« Reply #489 on: October 16, 2010 07:13:58 PM »

Well, I finally had a couple of hours this evening to stalk my partners and catch up on all the posts.  I'm at that point where I've stalked, came up with several ideas, and now I'm second guessing whether they will like what I've come up with.  I'd like to start on the first hoop tomorrow.........bu t I'm just not sure yet.  I think I need to stalk some more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way."     Mark Twain     

WISTS - http://www.wists.com/punkygirl
ETSY FAVORITES - http://www.etsy.com/people/tonistagg/favorites
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look of Hunger Games Characters
Style Up a Sleek Velvet Suit Like Elizabeth Olsen
Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristen Stewart Show Their Love for Louis Vuitton
How to Style Leopard Print For Spring
CK Underwear: Bold
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...