A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stocking Stuffer Ideas  (Read 4389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dra

Life is only what you make it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010 09:23:11 AM »

My daughter doesn't yet realize that toys come with happy meals. I take the toys and save them for her stocking.

That is a brilliant idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010 01:12:00 PM »

My daughter doesn't yet realize that toys come with happy meals. I take the toys and save them for her stocking. 

I am stealing this idea for the future when I become a mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Lucinda879
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010 09:50:07 AM »

And the Awesomely Sneaky Mom of the Year award goes to...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010 09:51:16 AM by Lucinda879 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

karaann07
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010 11:39:02 AM »

This won't help the OP with her boyfriend, but I make "floozie koozies"- decorative, girly koozies. They are such a huge hit with women. You can get a solid colored koozie at craft stores for a buck, then just go to town with whatever you want- jewels, boas, fabric, team logos, initials, ribbon- the possiblities are endless, and you can customize it to each person.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joanieponytail

must make stuff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010 07:20:04 PM »

Always chocolate coins as a tribute to the origin of Christmas stockings. A candy cane. And for some reason, men (and boys) always seem to love flashlights. Which would mean adding extra batteries to the stocking as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus loves me, this I know.
karaann07
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010 11:10:54 AM »

As a kid, Santa ALWAYS gave me a GIANT Hershey kiss and a GIANT peppermint stick.  I am going to pass that down to my kids. I can't wait! I even found mini-giant Hershey kisses. Hee hee.  Smaller than the giant ones, much bigger than the normal ones. And I also got chocolate coins, too. I wonder now if that was mom's tribute to the origin of stockings...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Granny_Leah
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010 04:59:05 PM »

Bookmarks; picture frame with a special photo; coasters; 'wine' charms; Chocolate coated spoons, Chocolate dipped pretzels, Chocolate dipped graham crackers, Chocolate dipped fortune cookies; Christmas tree ornament...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010 07:24:18 PM »

Maybe personalized drum sticks?? you said your hubby was a drummer?! (: I did that for my boyfriend, who plays guitar (so guitar picks obviously), and he loveloveloved them.

-fav cookies (homemade)
-mini scrapbooks (personalized)
-personalized pens
- new/funky coffee mug (I thrifted a really cool batman mug the other day for my brother's stocking for .25 cents!)
-scarf/hat
-sports tickets
-smores packages (which you can totally make in the oven. I made these for friends last year and they were a hit)
-choc. dipped spoons for hot choc.
-get a big chip-board letter and gussy it up with papers, embelishments, etc. (these make cute personalized gifts)
-ornament of your bf/hubby's fav sports team, alma matter, etc.
-funky dress socks for guys.. there are some really neat patterns/designs out there these days.. doesn't have to be black or grey (:
-personal coupon booklet
... guys are hard to come up with ideas for.. ergh!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010 07:30:05 PM »

oh duh.. this just came to me.. Lush makes some pretty fab "manly" soap and massage bars (their cinnamon massage bar is ahhhmazing (: hehe) These were some of my bf's favs last year.. (: I think the bars are like $5-6 and the soap depends on size.. anddd you can ask for free samples of the soaps too for other stockings (:

Also, ladies, for your friends or even yourself (I do it often!) Sephora offers free samples of ANY Of their products.. they will customize samples of your choice - even fragrance (they put samples in the mini test tubes!) ... sooo if you wanna try a few new things, check it out! Orrrr save them for mini beauty bags for friends/fam. stockings (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010 12:37:05 PM »

I'm bookmarking this thread for reference this year!  Cheesy So many good ideas...

My husband and I don't do stockings usually (I started him a WoW themed stocking last year but didn't get it sewn in time), but I've given stuffed stockings to my coworkers in previous years and they included things like themed post-its (I get these letter shaped ones from Michael's $1 bins each year), Christmas pencils, an ornament, some lotion or hand sanitizer, some candies or cookies and maybe a small (affordable) peice of jewelry. Nothing really fancy but they always appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...