A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotees - Mini Art Dolls - Round 11 DISCUSSION  (Read 12223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010 09:57:58 PM »

LadyLeitzen, wanna come up to Washington state and craft with me? Cheesy I'm crafting on 3 of 4 swaps at the moment AND watching Veronica Mars season 1 on my xbox Cheesy
Speaking of which, I need to go throw one of my items for a diff swap into the oven and bake it at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2010 10:14:08 AM »

sounds tasty!
washington state's a bit far though. too bad we all can't do local crafting groups - that'd be awesome!
p.s. i'm furthest along on your dotee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2010 10:21:12 AM »

Haha I wish. I was baking clay Tongue

I wish there were more people on craftster in my area. I've found a person in the Kelso-Longview area and I think she said there's like four others or something? And I don't know if there's anyone else from Kalama. The Vancouver and Portland area would be a lot easier to find people but I can't drive yet even though I'm 18(long story), so I can't commute for that kind of thing Sad
Maybe when I move to Hillsboro, OR next year (I'm gonna live w/ my aunt and uncle while I go to college in Portland), I'll be able to participate in local stuff Cheesy

Also, yaaay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010 08:41:41 PM »

Fullmoon - look up Church of Craft - I'll bet Portland has one. And on the Craftster Community page, there are listings for events and gatherings in lots of cities.

I have taken two classes at new joint in San Francisco - called Workshop. I took a stuffie-making class - even though I consider myself experienced, I learned alot. And I just took a two-hour bookbinding class that was lots of fun. I met two art teachers there so we had a lot to chat about. Is there a community college nearby you now? Maybe there is an art or craft class that you can join so you can craft in a group....just a thought. Not trying to sound like your mother or anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010 08:55:57 PM »

Fullmoon - look up Church of Craft - I'll bet Portland has one. And on the Craftster Community page, there are listings for events and gatherings in lots of cities.

I have taken two classes at new joint in San Francisco - called Workshop. I took a stuffie-making class - even though I consider myself experienced, I learned alot. And I just took a two-hour bookbinding class that was lots of fun. I met two art teachers there so we had a lot to chat about. Is there a community college nearby you now? Maybe there is an art or craft class that you can join so you can craft in a group....just a thought. Not trying to sound like your mother or anything.

:/ I've looked on the part of the forum for that kind of thing, and everything seems to always be in the Vancouver and Portland area. I think I found one thread for the Kelso Longview area and it's like dead as a doornail. I can't go out to Portland for stuff because of my lack of a drivers license and a car. Yeah, I'm actually not even allowed to use my learners permit to try and practice driving =/ The only people who are willing to teach me are my biological mother and my boyfriend. Problems with this? My biological mother lives in my state, but she's far away and I've seen her twice since I was 1 1/2 (She visited me until I was a 1 1/2 then my adoptive parents had her stop visiting me cuz I was starting to recognize faces, and then I saw her twice when I was 16) and my boyfriend lives like two hours away down in Oregon and I only get to see him once, maybe twice a month =/ Fail.

We do have a community college out in Longview, but I don't have enough time to walk there from Kelso after school and actually have time to do anything. It's one of those places that requires a car. Plus, my mom is already kinda mad at me for joining up into after school things as it is, so trying to do anything at LCC (the community college) would probably make her wanna kill me lol. Maybe in the end of January when first semester ends and I stop coming to classes, I might be able to do stuff at LCC, but maybe not. We'll see what happens.

And don't worry, you don't sound like my mother =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2010 07:14:56 AM »

If I lived in Portland, I would always be over kittykill's or maremare's house! Cheesy

I agree that it is fun to craft with other people...we had a nice group in our area but everyone got busy having babies, getting married, new jobs, etc....I think in the spring I will try to get everyone together and see if we can't do a dotee workshop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2010 09:26:03 AM »

Crafting with others is awesome. Smiley
The closest to crafting with others I've had was when a friend tried to teach me chainmaille and then another friend and I tried to master opening and closing the alluminum rings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patchworkdragon
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2010 01:25:21 PM »

I finished my first doll last night, except for the face.  Still need to go to the craft store before I can do that.  So cool to experiment with new techniques on such a tiny project.

I've got one of the others planned and still brainstorming the third.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Community Swaps:
Dotees: stalking and planning
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2010 02:05:30 PM »

Just checking in, though I haven't started yet (still finishing up another swap). I'm excited to get back to dotees though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
greenlemurkids

Frida is my god

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2010 04:47:37 PM »

Done! Im officially addicted to making art dolls. Its like the perfect mixed media mini project. still 2 1/2 weeks to send date, can i send them this early?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If life gives you lemons, make Limonchello
I love:Peacocks, Mustard Yellow, Polka Dots, Puggles, Chihuahuas, Yo Gabba Gabba, Mexican Themed stuff, Cooking.
I hate:Country themed stuff, Pastel colors, Mass produced items, Butterflies and Fairies.
wists.com/greenlemurkids
I LOVE personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating One-Click Recipes of Your Favorite Photoshop Effects
How to Draw Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh
How to Draw El Matador from Supa Strikas
How to Draw Family Guy Characters
How to Draw Figma Black Gold Saw from Black Rock Shooter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...