A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buyer Turn Ons  (Read 4958 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shelin20
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012 08:41:59 AM »

I made a sale last night and got a desperate email from the buyer stating that she really needed the item by tomorrow, the shipping was listed as $5 and this wonderful woman sent me the money to have it overnighted (which was her idea and I thought to be only fair since I charged her exact price for shipping and there is no etsy fees on shipping).
but anyway I told you that to say this
she seemed really happy that at 10pm at night I was willing to pack the item up and get it shipped to her this morning. I've noticed some places are pretty strict on shipping and such and it seems odd to me if they're willing to pay the extra then yeah stay up a little late make an extra trip (the post office cant be that far away) or invest in flat rate boxes etc for your mailman. People can ran to Walmart at 3 am and buy a bracelet etc but they come to etsy for an item because they want the handmade motif. I know most people who sell are hybrid crafter/business people but the business part can be almost more important at times. I guess what I'm babbling on about is the nicer and more accommodating (to a point of course) you are the happier they seem. Plus try to find out what the buyer wants it for, mine is wearing her item to a tennis tournament so I sent extra business cards so she can hand them out if she choses when she gets her dress noticed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/people/CommodityOddity
Find everything and anything of whimsy in my etsy
Use code ODDBALL for 15% off!
http://yardsellr.com/yardsale/Steph-Helin-598297
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012 11:01:00 AM »

Some things I look for:
good descriptions/tags/key words (I hate when they don't relate to the item just to get hits)
pictures of the actual item being sold
appropriate shipping costs
communication from the seller (I like to hear when it's been shipped especially because I've had packages be held up at customs before)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
madhatterdesign
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012 12:54:31 PM »

Sellers who have great follow-up. Smiley

*If I make a purchase and a seller then later (even after feedback has been exchanged), contacts me to see if I am pleased with my purchase, that says they want my input as well as return business.

*This week I received a holiday card from someone I bought from, and inside was a discount for a purchase. That is something special to spend the money to send out, not to mention keep track of addresses for mailing.

Both of these shops will be seeing me again.

I really like the idea of the holiday cards : )

I think I might give it a try.

Lots of great advice in this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellie_be
FertLover

www. PeaceandPlastic.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013 05:50:28 PM »

This is all very helpful as I'm opening my own shop soon.

For me it is really important that they really describe the item in the listing.  If I have to take the extra step to email them to ask a question that should probably be answered already in the description then sometimes I just pass. Lazy?  A little - but sometimes I want to buy things now and if I have to wait then I can talk myself out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an artist, I make shit.

I was on my way to the market to buy a loaf of bread, when all of the sudden...
craftdabbler UK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014 10:50:25 AM »

I know I am joining in very late, but as someone who likes buying online I feel qualified to answer this thread.

The big thing for me information. I want LOTS of information. ALL the relevant details, not the trade secrets! This varies item to item but in general is more than many online sellers give.

I want a good picture, or even several pictures of the item - the ACTUAL item - that I am buying.

I bought a pendant made of turquoise which was lovely in the photo and had nice markings in the stone. When it arrived, it was not the same pendant and I didn't like it. That shop owner agreed to refund my money. Now, I know that natural items like gemstones do vary but why was the photo not of the actual pendant?

Also, post and packing charges should be reasonable. I understand postage can be costly, and packaging adds up but really, some sellers are trying it on with their shipping costs.

And don't get me started on that whole "convo me for details" business!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie a Slip Knot
How to Hold a Crochet Hook
How to Join a New Ball of Yarn or Color
How to Find Good Crochet Patterns
Crochet for Beginners: How to Fasten Off
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...