A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 306,445
Currently Running With Scissors:
431 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wart treatment?  (Read 1541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005 09:27:39 PM »

i haven't had warts for a few years and recently i got a HUGE wart on my hand and a smaller one on my palm. I've tried having them treated by my dad (a doctor), tried store bought treatments and NOTHING WORKS! I briefly tried lemon juice (my dad said a patient told him that took care of warts) and it was starting to work but then i was away for a week and i didnt have access to fresh lemon juice. Does anyone have a home remendy for treating warts (or even a store bought one-i'm desperate!)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005 03:22:22 AM »

Duct tape!
Go to google and search for it. There was a story a few months back about it.
It went something like:
soak the wart, dry it and apply a piece of duct tape to the wart, cover it with a bandaid and leave it for ________ days. (can't remember how many) repeat this process for 6 weeks and the wart should be permanently gone.
good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee_U_Tiffle
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005 03:47:37 AM »

Yeah, Duct tape would work.  My podiatrist recommended this method when I was pregnant and unable to use regular treatment. You paint the wart(s) with Iodine, then cover with tape - the kind athletes use, brand name here was 'Sleek"  Just leave it on and keep changing the tape and use the iodine everyd day until the wart goes.  The surrounding skin gets a bit yucky but it really works.  The tape excludes the air or something and the wart dies off.  Mine have never come back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005 04:01:01 AM »

I'm not sure what treatment your dad used, but maybe you should go see a dermatologist. They can freeze them off. It hurts and is uncomfortable, but it took care of a wart I had on my hand a long time ago. The over-the-counter freezing stuff isn't the same as the procedure that the dermatologist can perform.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sgstern1
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005 04:46:33 AM »

Duct tape works, but you may not want to wear it on your hand for 6 weeks. Band-aids are almost as good - if you criss cross two you can get a pretty seal.  A drop of oil of oregano in the morning and night speeds things up a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005 08:27:59 AM »

thanks for the tips!

I'm not sure what treatment your dad used, but maybe you should go see a dermatologist. They can freeze them off. It hurts and is uncomfortable, but it took care of a wart I had on my hand a long time ago. The over-the-counter freezing stuff isn't the same as the procedure that the dermatologist can perform.

he freezes them off at his office with the nitrogen or whatever it is they use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilylee
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005 08:31:39 AM »

Check this out!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2005/05/17/wart050517.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
djungelorms friend

staying sane through grad school by staying crafty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005 08:36:43 AM »

I too can attest to the efficacy of duct tape--it's amazing.  I had a wart that wasn't responding to freezing, surgery, (I was on crutches for about 5 months, it was on my heel), over the counter anything... 4 weeks of duct tape did it.  duct tape--the frightening wonder substance.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

have you hugged a moose today?
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005 02:49:56 PM »

just a reminder that duct tape comes in many lovely colors. you could coordinate it with your outfits.

okay lameness for the day. anyways point is.. I have planters warts on my feet and I practically LIVE in flip flops with the exception of the months of december-mid march. I use clear duct tape (yes there IS such a thing) it still shows but it's not as obvious as silver. There's clear and there's removable though.. which is also clear. At my locak Michaels they have both.. make sure you don't get the removable, for obvious reasons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pibbgirl
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005 03:01:53 PM »

Did he cut the dead stuff off then freeze it again, etc, etc...till there is no more effected tissue?  In college I got warts a few times on my toes, from the dorms I'm sure, and I had doctors just freeze them with the nitrogen and send me away....They ALWAYS came back.  A dermatologist and some doctors will treat it the only way that worked for me (cutting the dead stuff off with a scaple thingie then looking at the skin under a magnifying glass to see if there is any effected tissuse left...then freeze again if there is.)
Other than that, the only advice I have is that my doctor told me that you are more prone to warts when you are really stressed.  She was saying that lots of college kids get warts and then after they graduate they just go away! 
Good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Complimentary Background for a Portrait
How to use Props in Your Images Part 1/2
How to use Props in Your Images Part 2/2
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 1/2
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...