A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft book swap (Sign ups extended! 09/26/10-10/05/10; Send by 11/01/10)  (Read 5471 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 26, 2010 10:40:20 AM »

Swap name: Craft Book swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: stellato_escuro
Sign-up date range: Sunday 09/26/10 to Saturday 10/02/10. Partners sent out by Sunday 10/03/10.
Date to send item by: Monday 11/01/10.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 15

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A

Additional Age requirement? N/A

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions):
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

In all communications to me about this swap, please title the message with the swap name and what the message is about. Such as;
"Craft Book swap -- question"
"Craft Book swap -- approval"
"Craft Book swap -- sent"

Details of swap:
This is meant to be a low-stress swap centered around our common love of craft books. And of course there will be some light crafting! You will be required to send;
1. A craft book that fits your partners requests.
2. A supply or supplies related to the crafts in the book equal to a medium ($10-30)
3. One medium or two small crafted items. These do not have to be related to the craft book. (a medium is 2-3 hours of crafting and a small is less than 2 hours of crafting)

You do not have to go out and buy a brand new book to participate in this swap. In fact, I encourage you to share a book you have loved and want to share. If you do send used, please make sure it is in wonderful and complete condition. If the book came with patterns, cds or other extras that are needed to complete projects, they must be included. Essentially, you need to ask your self Would I be THRILLED to get this?.

For the sake of this swap, art and cookbooks are includedCraftster has art and cooking boards, so it seems appropriate. As long as a book is DIY, its in. After some consideration on my part, I am going to say magazines are out.

The supply and craft parts are pretty self-explanatory. Make sure the supplies are related to the book. The craft can be related or not, just make sure it fits your partner.

As I am partnering, I have go regular partners or round robin. If it is round robin, please no extrasthis will ensure no-one feels shortchanged or like they didnt do enough.

Since there is a month of crafting time, you will need to post in the original board twice after partners are assigned. A simple Im here will suffice. Alternatively, I will be posting a fun question you can answer instead. The first check-in is due by 10/16 and the second by Halloween.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO):

What books do you have that you want to pass along? If you have nothing to pass on, you must be willing to buy a book from your partners wish list.

What are some books you are desperately wanting (titles or just topics)? Even if you have a wish list, please name your top three here to make matching partners easier.

Are there any supplies you always want/need more of?
Are there supplies you do not want more of?
Are there any colors/motifs/patterns you love?
How about hate?
Any allergies, materials sensitivities or other concerns?
Are there any allergens or pets in your home?
What kind of mad crafty skills do you possess?
What crafty skills do you drool over, but cant master?

What are your top five wishes for a crafted item? Once again, even if you have a wist, please fill this out.

Please list anything your partner would need to know to complete said crafts (i.e., wrist measure for a cuff bracelet);

List any wists, amazon wish lists, blogs or other linkage here for your lovely partners convenience.

Is there anything else you want your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE (partners and status on next post);
1. stellato_escuro
2. Zombie_Queen
3. LadyLeitzen
4. jellybean89
5. wonderwoman1976
6. monkey_girl
7. eye_on_sparrow
8. EkkaGrrl
9. h-chan
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010 12:12:11 AM by stellato_escuro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
stellato_escuro

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010 10:44:35 AM »

Partners (direct links to their profiles are in the previous post).
Zombie_Queen <---> jellybean89
wonderwoman1976 <---> stellato_escuro
monkey_girl <---> eye-on-sparrow
LadyLeitzen ---> EkkaGrrl ---> h-chan ---> LadyLeitzen

sent
received
sending late with communication
sent, recieved
PM organizer immediately!

Gallery!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=362153.0
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010 07:31:50 AM by stellato_escuro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010 12:56:00 PM »

Awesome! I'm going to give this some serious thought  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010 07:14:25 AM »

I couldn't resist. Its going to be such a nice, low stress swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monkey_girl
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010 07:07:24 PM »

This sounds fun! Only issue is - I live in Taiwan so I could only send Chinese craft books. I have bought a couple of these books myself and I can't read Chinese but I have found they all have good clear pictures and are pretty easy to follow. I was wondering if anyone would want to swap with me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
stellato_escuro

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010 06:39:45 AM »

This sounds fun! Only issue is - I live in Taiwan so I could only send Chinese craft books. I have bought a couple of these books myself and I can't read Chinese but I have found they all have good clear pictures and are pretty easy to follow. I was wondering if anyone would want to swap with me?

What are the craft books about?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monkey_girl
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010 06:49:06 AM »

They have craft books about all kinds of things - just like in English Speaking countries. I have bought two myself - one is a felting book and one is about making sushi themed softies. The books for felted things and softies seem to be pretty good with the pictures - they have step by step photo's so you really don't need to speak chinese to use them.

I'm not sure about other crafts but I am sure I could find a great needle felting of softie book with easy to follow pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010 10:28:26 AM »

sent in my questionnaire!
books are always useful, especially basic manuals that never go out of style.
it's so funny... when i'm browsing the half-price book store, they always have these pattern books from the mid-90's! they're hilarious! styles are changing, methods are timeless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010 07:35:11 PM »

I would love to get Chinese craft books I have added several to my wist.  I haven't yet sent in my questionnaire but I am thinking about joining this.  Not that I need any more books but I do love collecting them and I get all kinds of ideas from them even if I never make the actual project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyRain
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010 08:17:40 PM »

Before I sign up, is anyone interested in crochet books (current or retro) or retro craft books like with macrame, batik, candle making, etc?

I'd be interested in jewelry making or working with felt just as an FYI.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Running Water
How to Photograph Landscapes
Photographing a Common Toad
Photographing Sea Birds
Photographing Woodland Birds
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...