A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you package your items?  (Read 1015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soundofsummer
« on: September 26, 2010 12:30:59 AM »

I'm about to start my own etsy, after I build up a bit more of my items (so that I have back ups after an item sells and just to have more of a stock).  One thing I'm wondering about, though, is how you all package your items? I'm going to be selling jewelry and bookmarks.  Do you put your things in little gift pouches? Small sealable plastic bags? Specific boxes? Wrapped in tissue paper? Do you have a business card you attach? Stickers?

If you were willing to show a picture, that'd be awesome and greatly appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshtonagoL
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010 09:39:43 AM »

Hi!  I sell jewelry (not on etsy, but online) and it depends on the cost of my item.  My pendants, bookmarks, and keychains just go in plastic resealable bags.  My bracelets and rosaries go in those little organza bags that you use for wedding favors.  I just use those because they are pretty and usually pretty inexpensive.  I do include a business card.  You can get free cards and address labels at www.vistaprint.com.  You have to pay shipping but it's still usually a pretty good price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010 05:50:32 PM »

I make one of a kind sculpted polymer clay jewelry. Each piece is sent in a kraft jewelry box (in a bubble mailer) with a card that has all my info on it, info about the product care, and does also have a very nice representation of my logo and a blank inside so can serve as a gift card as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pan-Gaia Designs
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010 02:14:11 PM »

Where to start? I sell mostly at fair type things, and a little bit online.

For stuff that is purchased via my Etsy shop, I usually will figure out the size of an appropriate mailer, and then pack the snot out of it - even though my stuff is strong enough to take some abuse.  For example, if someone buys a necklace, I would wrap it in paper towels and then seal that in some sort of plastic before sending the item in a Priority Mail envelope. 

I'm a firm believer of not giving the customer any reason to hate my stuff, if I can avoid it. There are always going to be some people that are not happy, but you can work to avoid it. 

The best thing you can do to help yourself would be to make a sample of your items, package as you see fit, and then bounce the package around a bit.  Yes, this does mean that you will be taking a chance of breaking something.  But if you do so, you will be able to see what the stress points on your items are, and go from there.  I did this for each of my breakable items and was able to figure out some pretty decent packaging. 

Like the others said, make sure you always include your information in there, too.  I like to include a quick note and (if they make a large enough purchase) some sort of small "free with purchase" to thank them. 

It's all up to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CurlyWhirlyGirly
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010 08:58:19 PM »

Dollar Stores usually sell the little organza bags, or if you like papercrafts and want to get creative you can search on YouTube for easy origami boxes or a bagalope, a little bag made out of an envelope.  You can customize the size by the size of paper you start out with and coordinate with the colours or theme of your item. I would still wrap this in bubble wrap, and then send in a bubble envelope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robotragicomedy
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010 07:34:11 AM »

I found some little brown paper bags perfect for the size of my jewelry, and closed them with a Martha Stewart sticker. xD

Now I need to see about business cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I go to seek a Great Perhaps.

whatintheworld.etsy .com
Notalotaluck
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011 10:45:14 AM »

I love the brown paper bags!! Where did you get the stickers from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 90-Second Fitness Solution Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 1
The Moses Expedition Book Trailer
Stupid About Men Book Trailer
Shonen Jump Panel with Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...