A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: When to Post an Item Crafted for a Swap Elsewhere?  (Read 1940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyOctober
« on: September 25, 2010 06:03:51 PM »

OK, I looked back about five pages and didn't see this question asked, so I figured I'd throw it out there.

I am currently participating in a swap and just sent my package out today. Although I am very proud of everything I put into that box, there is one item in particular that makes me feel like I've really outdone myself. So, how long should I wait before I post it in its item-specific Craftster board (or is this frowned upon in general)? Should I wait until my partner receives (I am so impatient!) or should I post and put one of those little precautionary "No peeking!" pics up for the thumbnail?

I appreciate any help, crafters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Craftster Best of 2011 Winner!

Yup, definitely not hipster enough for Craftster.
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010 06:12:47 PM »

It always best to wait until your partner has received - it's so hard not to peek! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010 11:48:26 AM »

I've seen the 'no peeking' thing posted before..but personally I'd wait until your partner has received..maybe even a few days later..just in case they havent gone to their box and opened it yet..

have fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010 01:21:29 PM »

one more tiny note - if your partner says she'll post pics (tomorrow, this weekend, a few days) please give her that much time to post before 'jumping the gun' and posting pics. 

I know you really really really want to show off what you made, but as someone who's had to post pics of a package after my sender posted pics (for the same reason you're talking about) it feels really odd to post "so&so sent me a great package, and she already posted pics, but here's more pics of the same package"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyOctober
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010 07:47:45 PM »

@ThreadorYarn  Oh, I absolutely get where you're coming from. I would never post pics of the whole package; that would deprive my partner of the fun and privilege, for sure! I just had one piece of the package that I want to post into the appropriate board once she receives and has posted her pics, as I know not everyone checks the swap boards to see the amazing things people craft there. I know now it's best to wait because, like SevsOnlyGirl said, it's super hard not to peek!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Craftster Best of 2011 Winner!

Yup, definitely not hipster enough for Craftster.
lunamadre
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013 06:35:01 PM »

I know this is a really old thread, but I had to share this story. I did a personal swap with a friend of mine off craftster, through facebook. I was so super stoked about how it turned out, that I made a post on craftster that night right after I mailed it, with tons of great pics and everything. I just about choked on my coffee the next morning when I got on facebook and saw that rackycoo had shared my project on craftster's facebook. It was the first time I had ever had the honor...but my friend also gets craftster on her feed too, and I was just praying she wouldn't click on it and figure out it was hers! When I went to the main page of craftster it was on the thumbnail of hot topics for a couple days. Boy, did I learn my lesson on that one. From now on, I always always wait until I hear from my partner that they received it. If it truly turned out that awesome, people might click it rocks, pin it, or put it on facebook. It's harder to be sneaky now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013 06:41:40 AM »

I hope posting it on Facebook didn't spoil the surprise, lumamadre, but you know I can't help but post some good stuff there. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
lunamadre
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013 09:14:48 AM »

lol, no it didn't spoil the surprise! Even if it did, I was so stoked to be featured it would have been worth it. It was my Candyland barware set I made for a local board game recon swap. Smiley My partner was very surprised and we had a good laugh when I showed her the craftster post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Duct Tape Passport Lanyard
How to Make Duct Tape Earrings
How to Make a Duct Tape Woven Belt
How to Make a Duct Tape Travel Shower Caddy
How to Make a Duct Tape Sunglass Case
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...