A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading is Sexy/ Librarian Love Swap??  (Read 10406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2006 07:28:28 PM »

ooh! I can beat that! Amongst our batch of librarians we had a pole-dancer! Yah baby!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2006 07:55:06 PM »

On my last day of library school I went out for drinks with 2 classmates, where I said "where else but library school would you find a former punk rock girl (me), a wiccan track coach/drama teacher (high school), and a soldier of fortune (he was trying to do private security work in iraq) sharing a beer after spending 2 hours discussing copyright?"  Damn straight.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
jane feebles
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2006 04:28:35 AM »

Let's use this moment to dispel any bizarre stereotypes of librarians as teetotalers.  Have you ever met a group more prone to getting on the piss at the drop of a hat?  Except possibly ESL and literacy teachers.  They put bikers to shame  Tongue
I think this is a point that needs to be stressed with an impending swap looming.  I have noooooo problems with getting anything with an alcohol theme from my partner  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2006 08:28:50 AM »

you librarians are really making me consider fulfilling my dream and getting my masters in library science instead of going the $afe route with psych!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlightlyFoxed
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2006 09:36:22 AM »

you librarians are really making me consider fulfilling my dream and getting my masters in library science instead of going the $afe route with psych!

Oh, get the MLS ... you still get to work with crazy people. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fox: 1. (n) Animal of the genus Vulpes, having an elongated, pointed muzzle and bushy tail; 2. (adj) Cunning; 3. (slang) Attractive woman; 4. (v) To intoxicate or befuddle; 5. (v) To discolor (the leaves of a book)
batgirl
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2006 11:02:39 AM »

LMAO truer words were never spoken..er, typed!  Grin  Yeah, join us in the mad, wacky world of librarians! There are some of the classic bun-wearing variety around but I think even they are secretly nutty!  Rent the movie "Party Girl" for inspiration or see the endless librarian blogs out there! You get to learn lots of transferrable skills too, librarians work in all kinds of arenas. Nope, I'm not a mole from the ALA, just another crazy librarian!  Cool   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2006 11:46:37 AM »

Yeah, no one told me about the crazy part until I was "in" my librarian program.  Still, I get to order all the craft and decorating books my heart desires, so I'll take those weirdos and give them all the help they need with an honest smile on my face. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2006 11:51:20 AM »

LMAO truer words were never spoken..er, typed!  Grin  Yeah, join us in the mad, wacky world of librarians! There are some of the classic bun-wearing variety around but I think even they are secretly nutty!  Rent the movie "Party Girl" for inspiration or see the endless librarian blogs out there! You get to learn lots of transferrable skills too, librarians work in all kinds of arenas. Nope, I'm not a mole from the ALA, just another crazy librarian!  Cool   Grin
I loved "Party Girl"!  And I don't have an MLS, but I considered it for a while.  I'm working in a bookstore and getting teaching licensure instead.  Close enough?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
batgirl
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2006 12:17:39 PM »

Absolutely! Lots of the others in my program were teachers! I was fairly rare as a 'special" librarian. "Party Girl" is just the best! We had lots of discussion about promoting positive images of librarians in the media, and that one was really good (and the library stuff was even pretty accurate). Whee! I love all those blogs like the lipstick librarian, modified librarian, etc etc (hence my screen name, from...http://www.naughtykitty.org/librarian.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Things
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2006 12:32:24 PM »

Absolutely! Lots of the others in my program were teachers! I was fairly rare as a 'special" librarian. "Party Girl" is just the best! We had lots of discussion about promoting positive images of librarians in the media, and that one was really good (and the library stuff was even pretty accurate). Whee! I love all those blogs like the lipstick librarian, modified librarian, etc etc (hence my screen name, from...http://www.naughtykitty.org/librarian.html

Great link with a lot more great links.  Y'all have the whole hair-bun stereotype to overcome--and I've got the appliqued denim jumper look to avoid.  (I've informed friends and coworkers that they are to call my doctor immediately if they ever see me dressed like that in public.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cups: The Perfect Frozen Treat
Patriotic 4th of July Sugar Cookies Designs
11 American Flag-Themed Foods Your 4th Of July Party Needs
How to Make Red, White, and Blue Pops
How to Make Patriotic Oreo Pops for Fourth of July
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...