A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to make these table runners?  (Read 1970 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chaoticpassion
« on: September 24, 2010 04:19:28 PM »

I am having my wedding on November 26th of this year, and would really like to make table runners that resemble the one in the bottom right of this photo:

I am guessing that the way to do it would be to buy sheet moss, dye it red, dye it red again, and dye it red again until the color muted out all of the green... then start sticking silk flowers onto it. But, do any of you have any better ideas?

This may be more than I can chew.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010 05:00:43 PM by chaoticpassion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.c om
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010 04:30:45 PM »

a) you could buy fake moss and just spraypaint it red.

b) you could use wooly fabric … the somewhat uneven kind that's used for coats. i just saw this in the fabric store yesterday and i think it looks very mossy. (and probably you can get some use of it after the wedding – maybe a sewing coat or someting?  Grin )
http://www.hisupplier.com/product-88812-wool-fabrics/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chaoticpassion
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010 05:05:32 PM »

Wow, you're right... it does look wooly! I will definitely look into this option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.c om
Vampira_666
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010 05:21:34 PM »

It looks like all flowers to me... looks like red carnations as a base with purple orchids/roses as an accent...

you could probably use fake flowers...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~ Vampira_666 ~*
greenfaerie
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010 09:24:08 PM »

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/reindeermoss7.html  They have red moss for the same price as green.  It's been a long time since I've priced moss, so I don't remember what it was in the local craft stores, but it strikes me as normal.

You could use fake flowers, or paper flowers you could make, or maybe even purple feather clusters would be to your taste.  Make sure to get high quality feathers if you went that route
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
chicnjoy
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010 05:13:52 AM »

I think you can just sew a basic table runner that can be red or purple and then glue or sue fake fabric flowers and fake moss, you can make the moss red using red srpay paint I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010 08:43:54 AM »

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/reindeermoss7.html  They have red moss for the same price as green.  It's been a long time since I've priced moss, so I don't remember what it was in the local craft stores, but it strikes me as normal.

I think that red moss would be fantastic, but if you're going for a more flowery look be careful cause red moss looks an awful lot like coral rather than flowers

You could use fake flowers, or paper flowers you could make, or maybe even purple feather clusters would be to your taste.  Make sure to get high quality feathers if you went that route
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashtonblair
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010 03:01:27 PM »

It looks like a whole bunch of flowers put together to make a table runner to me. I would alter the design and just use some kind of textured fabric to keep it a little more simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Festive Rainbow Cake
Baked Raspberry Custard Recipe
Patriotic Strawberry Shortcake Stars Recipe
Old-Fashioned Lemon Sugar Cookie Recipe
The Perfect Sugar Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #97-Container Crafting
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...