A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,015
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Organization for Recipes?  (Read 904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paigefiddler
« on: September 24, 2010 03:19:18 AM »

I moved out of my mothers home about 6 months ago. My boyfriend and I live together and we're new at basically everything. We're both good at cooking, and we enjoy it. The problem we're having is we don't really have our 'own' recipes yet, and the recipes we do have we sort of forget about because they're not organized very nicely or well at all.. so they're hard to find and such. My question is how do you store your recipes? I don't want them on the computer because I have a ton of recipes on the computer, but I NEVER use them since they're on here. I'm fine with finding them and printing them/writing them out off of here though. I've heard of recipe software sort of but I don't know much about it, so if you do and have any suggestions let me know about that too! Thanks in advance Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010 07:52:47 AM »

i found an old elementary school text book and have glued my recipes in it. its kind of like a cooking altered book. its so fun to look at i open it more often! i leave it on my kitchen counter, and it inspires me all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
paigefiddler
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010 02:07:18 PM »

Thats an awesome idea! I will def keep that in mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pazuzuspetals

I look like VENUS...........of willendorf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010 05:45:56 PM »

I am not quiet organized enough to put all of my recipes in a book. I have a healthy collection of yellowed-stained grandma recipes on cards, stuff I've ripped out of the newspaper and pages I've printed from websites...pretty much every size, shape and style of paper, so trying to squeeze it all into a book doesn't work for me.

So, I got a really cute hanging file box (NOT one of those huge plastic monsters, it's a smaller pasteboard one covered in turquoise paper with a lid..I think i got it at wally world or target)
I got a packet of hanging folders and then labeled for veggies, meats, desserts, holiday favs etc..

The recipes are still loose in the individual folders, but it works easier for me because a lot of the grandma recipes have writing on the back and then I don't have to pull it out of a book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hummingbird once pooped on my cat out of pure spite, I swear.
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010 11:16:35 PM »

I have a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors and index tabs marked with general headings like meats, side dishes, salads, etc. However, we do enough BBQ in this house that we have a notebook full of just smoking, grilling and sauces that my husband has created over the years.

I highly recommend the sheet protectors! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paigefiddler
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010 11:02:00 PM »

I like this idea a lot, I think I'll try it out Smiley Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CynthiaButterfly

Love is being stupid together

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010 09:02:20 AM »

My collection was from everywhere- handwritten, from magazines, printed from a hundred different sites online, all shapes and sizes- so I put them together in a scrap book style.

I just got a 3-ring binder and sticky photo pages, and collaged them together. Since the pages can be wiped clean, this works great.

I used tabs to organize them- appetizers, drinks, sandwiches & salads, main dishes, quick meals, pies, cakes, cookies, other sweets (yes I like sweets so they take up a good portion of the book!) etc.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Everything You Need to Know About Hades and Persephone
Avoiding a Fashion Emergency (And Other Lessons I’ve Learned)
Diane Von Furstenberg on Young Love
The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl
Writers on Their Unshakable Love for New York
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...