A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,657
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 63 CLOSED  (Read 31883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010 12:19:42 PM »

I claim writer_crafter for a wisty surprise!  Grin

Hello,  I’m Alisha from Maine. I am 22, live with my parents at the moment and have an obsession with crafting, Disney, and Marilyn Manson.  Quite a mix huh?  I am also in a long distance relationship with Dave who is from MA, but he currently lives in CT. I have additional info in my profile so feel free to check it out!

Colors: My favorite is green, but I have an eye lately for eggplant, mustard yellow, black, white, cream, greys, and rust orange. The only color I think I hate is lavender in most cases. It makes me angry inside. No idea why.

Yarns: I’m not a fiber snob. I love mostly all yarns with the exception of novelty ones(ex: fun fur, pom pom…ect).  I don’t mind acrylic, but I prefer the softer acrylics (when it comes to items other than amigurumi) to the other ones like Red Heart Super Saver. Bamboo and angora are both heavenly as usual. I am really open to anything.

Prints: I know that this statement is going to make things difficult, but I don’t have a favorite and I can’t really think of anything I don’t like. I consider myself a lover of many styles and can never choose just one. If you are unsure just ask or I can head you in the right direction.

Scents: LOOOOVE Vanilla. I have a very poor sense of smell, so I need strong scents. Fruity scents are good too. Orange reminds me of Florida which is where my heart has always been. I am not in any way a fan of lavender scents.

Dislikes: Skulls (yeah, pay no attention to my icon or the fact that I just bought the Skully scissor shirt from Craftster it is very situational),  Poppets(with the exception of ones that are suppose to look like a certain person which you will see a request for this below), Blythes, Religious items/figures, Holiday related, Drug related, Patriotic. Beer and Wine related things as I am a mixed drink lady.

Allergies: I am highly allergic to jewelry containing nickel. Not an allergy, but PLEASE just pass by this if you come from a smoking home.

*** indicates BIG WISHES!!!!

Crafted:
*******A Marilyn Manson Poppet – Manson has been a big part of my life since I was freakishly young. Huge bonus if he has bendable fingers, normal non-elf like ears, pale skin, and a tad thin in the face face. Even if you can just pull one of them off, that would be great. Here are a few examples of era’s that he could be depicted as. Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4, Pic 5, Pic 6.
****A weekender bag –  Inspiration in my wists. My S.O.  lives 3 states away and I need something that is bigger than a backpack but smaller than luggage. I am no light packer but I am hoping this force me to be.
*Bedside Caddy – I really need one for my bedtime stuff, like books, journals, pens and such.
*Knitted Bat Amigurumi – Brown, with a small same color button(so it blends in, and velcro feet.
*Bone socks (low ankle please) – Even though most socks are universal I should state I wear size 7 ½ - 8
*Cabled or regular knit socks – Simular to these…Pic 1 or anything that is nice and thin. I wear size 7 ½-8.
*Arm Warmers – The key to these are that I would like ones that are cream, black, dark grey, or dark dark grey. Also they should come up to the elbow or so with a half thumb. Sorry, I know I sound picky. Here is an example. And here is another.
*Handmade Strong Marble Magnets – Various pics, patterns, colors…ect. I like both the large and small ones
******Knitted Lamb Amigurumi
*]Knitted Mouse Amigurumi
*Strong Scented Vanilla Candles
*Handmade Soaps (Vanilla, Lemongrass, ect.)
*Knitting Needle Roll/Book – I am getting into knitting and I would like one to hold one or all types (Straight, Double Pointed, Circular).
*Ceramic Rice/Noodle Bowl – One that has slots for chop sticks
*Knitted Mouse Amigurumi
*Ceramic Yarn Bowl
*Knitted Cable-Knit Hat – Any color that I like. Something like this.
*Gryffindor Scarf – In the trapped bar style. Knitted in a round so there are no wrong sides.
*Bella Mittens – Not a Twilight fan, but the mittens I have been seeing around are beautiful
*Weighted Pin Cusion – Need to upgrade from my tomato and strawberry.  Looooove the themed ones people have been making. Like this one. But themeing isn’t necessary. A threadcatcher/pin cushion combo is always an option too.
*Fair Isle Hat – Would be mega awesome in Mostly black with red and black. I have Swedish and Finnish ancestry, so the Scandinavian inspired colors would be awesome.
*A wisty surprise

Supplies (Used is beyond fine):
*Crochet Today! Magazine(s) – Current or back issues. I only have the Jan/Feb 2010 one
*Paper Creaser – Found in a scrapbooking isle, but great for book binding
*Woodburner – Will come in handy for various projects
*Cross-Stitch Fabric
*Embroidery Thread
*Pinking sheers or rotary blade style
*****Knitting Needles (Straight/Double Point/Circular) – Prefer Bamboo as that is ultimately what I would like my collection to be, but will except metal. Not a fan of the plastic ones. I only have a size 5 in the bamboo double pointed.
*Knitting Notions – I have stitch markers, the small sized cone rubber end protectors and a stitch counter, but would like items like stitch holders, cable needles, Large rubber cone end protectors.
****Safety Noses and Albino Eyes
****Walt Disney World themed scrapbooking supplies
*Cold Process Soap Kit
*Lip Balm Kit
*Vanilla Candle Kit
*Paper Punches - I have a cat, dragon fly, maple leaf, star, heart, and snowflake already
*Jar-of-Whimsies – can totally be a mini one
*Dremel – One can wish.
*One-Yard-Wonders Book
*Bias Tape Maker
*Generation T Book
*******Metal Letter/Number Stamping Kit – You know, like what you use to stamp spoons and such

Extras:
*Gummy Worms
*Botan Rice Candy
*Non-Disposable Chopsticks
*****Florida License Plate – The one with the orange on it. Prefer on that says either “Sunshine State” or “Orange County” on the bottom.
*Disney Park Maps from any time period; the older the better.
*Anything from Walt Disney World you would like to get rid of. One can dream, can’t they?

Thank you soooo much to who ever claims me!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 12:34:45 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010 12:40:00 PM »

I claim AliashaMisha for One-Yard-Wonders Book (direct from Amazon- everyone should have this book) and bamboo knitting needles
This is my 2nd claim; Ive sent 0 and received 0.

Ahoy!
They call me George (but my name is Kate). I am addicted to crafts and crafty things; I am also fond of crafty people. I dont have any favorite colors per say; most of my wardrobe is black and brown as I travel a lot and need easily coordinate-able clothing. I do like smokey/silvery gray, mustard yellow, and most blues and greens. I do not like maroon. I have two great kids (girl-1, boy-3.5) and a pretty cool husband. Im not a fan of knick knacks but do like other peoples garden gnomes.

Im really laidback but I put a lot of effort and time and thought into everything I make.

Crafts
1.   For mememememe!
   a.   Anything on my wist (wisty surprise) http://www.wists.com/zilamonster
   b.   Or, something beautiful/useful inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/zilamonster
   c.   A nerdy Kindle DX case (dimentions 10.4" x 7.2" x 0.38") Thank you writer_crafter!!
   d.   Handspun yarn. Its like crack.
   e.   Anything which is both useful and Dr. Who related (e.g. a Tardis sewing kit, a tardis zippered pouch, a tardis wallet, a dalek pencil holder, a weeping angel oven mitt, etc)
   f.   Cool pincushions
   g.   A mix tape pouch like in my wist
   h.   A project box/bag like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/53178011/project-box-bag-tote-organizer-large
   i.   A simple necklace like this: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=307944 or something equally cool/simple. I like copper, brass, gold tones.
   j.   Nerdy stitch holders for knitting or crochet
   k.   Ninja stationary
   l.   BIG WISH: Beautiful embroidery art (wall hanging) along the same lines as this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356091.msg4168558#msg4168558  it doesnt have to be a bird/peacock, I just love the style of this and think it is really beautiful
   m.   GIANT WISH (really, I want to make this, it is so cool): A tall size, long, flowy, cotton skirt shaped like this, but done with monochromatic squares (similar color, different pattern) like mustard yellow or blue or clover green or black and white; Im not against it being embellished with beads or embroidery or a crocheted border: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259659.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=359126.0  
2.   For mah kids (sorry these are mostly big wishes!)
   a.   Cotton dresses or smocks for my daughter size 2T, something simple like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360763.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=248408.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357294.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357022.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356606.0
   b.   Knitted cardigan for my daughter, size 2T; something simple like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351959.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348704.0
   c.   A girl doll for my daughter
   d.   A boy doll for my son
   e.   BIG WISH: Captain Hook costume for my son so I dont have to make it! Or, any part of the costume (hat, black wig, coat with tails, ruffled shirt, buckled shoes, hook, etc) He is 3 but wears size 6T (hes a tall boy)
   f.   BIG WISH: Tinkerbelle costume for my daughter so I dont have to make it; or, any part of the costume (wings, green fairy skirt, green fairy onesie, wand, ect)
   g.   BIG WISH: A series of hooped embroidered wall hangings for my daughters room. Think 1 year old but something that can stay on the wall and grow with her.
   h.   BIG WISH: A metal lunchbox playset like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345383.msg4018657#msg4018657 for my daughter or one for my son (he is 3 and would love something like this with firemen or pirates)
   i.   BIG WISH: A Waldorf style doll for my daughter (she has hazel eyes and sandy blonde hair)
   j.   BIG WISH: A Waldorf style doll for my son (he has dark brown eyes and blonde hair)

Craft Supplies
1.   Local artisan yarns or from local farms- I use all types but have a fondness for alpaca
2.   Old embroidered pillow cases, embroidered handkerchiefs, embroidered table runners, anything vintage embroidered- I am collecting these so I can use them to make quilts
3.   Zippers! All colors and shapes and sizes
4.   Recycled (real) leather (from an old coat/jacket or other recycled item)
5.   Large buttons
6.   Fabric
   a.   Old upholstery fabric from a couch or other furniture dated prior to 1969
   b.   Old curtain material or barkcloth dated prior to 1969
   c.   Solid black quilting cotton
   d.   I love Japanese fabric especially anything with a nature related theme
7.   Resin molds and/or resin jewelry supplies- Id like to give this a shot
8.   Essential oils for soap making
9.   Silver, brass, copper wire for crocheting (smaller the gauge the better, e.g. 26)

Extras
1.   Vintage sewing box or tackle/tool boxes, something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49179318/vintage-marigold-sewing-box
2.   Vintage metal lunch boxes
3.   Real English tea from the UK: English breakfast or Earl Grey. There is a real difference in English tea from the UK and English tea from the states for reals people.
4.   Cadbury chocolate from England, anything caramel!
5.   Local coffee or teas or yarns

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 12:44:01 PM by zilamonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010 01:32:54 PM »

I claim zilamonster for a surprise Smiley

My third claim, 0 sent, 0 received. (I'd better get crafting, hadn't I? Cheesy)

Hi, Im Kirsten, Im a full time student. I live in New Zealand, married with two teenaged stepsons and two spoilt cats. I love art and I do a lot of drawing and printmaking.

I like most colours, and particularly blue/green/teal/aqua, natural tones, or black and white. See my profile or my wist for more ideas about my taste. I like lots of things, so dont feel you have to stick to the wist inspirations too closely. I dont have allergies. I prefer natural fibres, but not exclusively, so if you think its nice Ill probably like it too. Im happy to chat, and easy to please, feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

Since I live far, far away, I do appreciate craftsters being willing to send to me. I have tried to keep my wishlist items small and light. Thank you!!

CRAFTS

VARIOUS CRAFTY POSSIBILITIES
* wisty surprise - http://wists.com/jemimah
* a Star Trek or Doctor Who thingy, whatever you like to make, my faves are Spock, tardis and daleks. (Useful rather than decorative is usually my preference, but any Spock, tardis, or dalek item that lands in my letterbox will find a home)
* a fox or a British robin in your favourite craft medium (again, great if its useful, but not essential)
* things to put other things in box, purse, bag, wallet, organiser, etc.

SEWN
* a pockety bag lots of different size pockets for projects/art supplies, any style or size, doesnt have to have any zippers
* a tardis pockety bag would be truly awesome
* a Cake or Death? tea cosy (Eddie Izzard quote) Id prefer sewn (stencilled/appliqu/embroidered/whatever), rather than knitted
* something embroidered (hand or machine, a panel for me to make into something, or a finished item basically, anything you think I might like!)
* an awesome apron (plain and practical, something fun, or something pretty - you choose!) thanks gamemom42!!
* crafty organiser (e.g. needlework project holder, thing for storing small supplies and bits, stationery organiser)

YARN RELATED
* handknitted wool socks (average womens size, any colour)
* stitch markers for knitting
* felted scarf like the ones on my wist (green/teal/lime/aqua would be great)
* felted bowls/containers
* fingerless mitts in wool or natural fibres, any colour you think is nice (I like the ravelry patterns Fetching, Humanity, Princess, but other patterns are fine too)
* hand dyed/hand spun yarn (prefer natural fibres, any colour you think looks good)

PAPER RELATED
* notecards/stationery
* handmade sketchbook/journal (unlined if possible, mixed/recycled papers are great)
* handmade stamps in a theme I like (see my profile and wists), e.g. birds, frogs, fish, trees, art related.

OTHER CRAFTS
* handmade ceramic item, esp. in celadon green (but any colours are good) keep it small and affordable to mail. (I would love a little fox like the one on my wist)
* stencilled t-shirt (XL, v-neck or scoop neck, 3/4 or long sleeves best, but not essential)
* postage stamp pendant
* something else that I havent thought of, that you think Id like!

CRAFT SUPPLIES

* real silk for embroidery, any colours this is my big wish, its hideously expensive where I live (its probably not that cheap where you live, but I bet its cheaper than here!). I am addicted to Soie d'Alger (made by Au Ver Soie). If you send me some, I will also send you a tiny pretty made with it by way of extra thanks. Smiley
* any interesting embroidery supplies (please stick with quality over quantity, Id much rather have a tiny envelope with a few lovely skeins/little things than lots of cheap floss/beads, and it's also cheaper for postage!) The sort of stuff I like is DMC, anything silk or linen, Au Ver Soie, Japanese stuff, bits for goldwork (purl, kid, etc.), handmade/hand dyed, quirky things. Vintage/recycled is fine.  No Aida please.
* silk or embroidered fabric, Japanese fabric (just small bits for embroidery and tiny things; no bulk fabric Id love it, but it may bankrupt you to mail it)
* Noro yarn, recycled sari yarn, other silk/luxury yarn
* thick stampcarving material (I have the tools, but the only stuff to carve I can easily find here is lino and small erasers)
* vintage Anna magazines (either English or German) these might be pricey to ship so just 1 or 2 is fine
* nice paper - e.g handmade, japanese, printmaking, textured, any colour or weight - it's for printmaking, so plainish rather than very patterned - but whatever you think is nice would be great (just a few pieces)
* paper ephemera
* small art supplies items:-
     - pencils, markers and pens (Prismacolor/Derwent/Caran D'Ache/Posca for example, or similar)
     - peel and sketch charcoal pencils
     - drypoint etching tools (needle, scraper, roulette, plastic for etching)
     - inkpads, little stencils, stamps, etc.

(Smiley I know I have put some quite expensive things on my supplies list. This is because it would be a waste of your money to post lots of the cheaper supplies that I like and use all the way to NZ, unless you live near me of course! I really do only expect small amounts/tiny parcels, within the OWS guidelines.)

EXTRAS
* I always enjoy bookmarks, vintage/interesting buttons, little pouches, etc.
* no candy (I like it TOO much)

Smiley Smiley Thank you to everyone who has sent me lovely things!!! Some things are still on my list, because I love what you sent, and I am happy to receive similar things again.

NB. New Zealand has tough biosecurity at the border. This is very unlikely to apply to this swap, but just in case ... Please dont send natural materials (feathers, leaves, wood, seeds e.g. lavender, etc.) Everything on my list is absolutely fine to send, but PM me if youre unsure about something. Thanks  Smiley

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 01:33:58 PM by jemimah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010 02:23:49 PM »

I claim... I CLAIM JEMIMAH!! (also for a surprise)
This is my 3rd claim; Ive sent 1 and received 0.

Ahoy!
They call me Zuhara (but my name is Kate). I am addicted to crafts and crafty things; I am also fond of crafty people. I dont have any favorite colors per say; most of my wardrobe is black and brown as I travel a lot and need easily coordinate-able clothing. I do like smokey/silvery gray, mustard yellow, and most blues and greens. I do not like maroon. I have two great kids (girl-1, boy-3.5) and a pretty cool husband. Im not a fan of knick knacks but do like other peoples garden gnomes.

Im really laidback but I put a lot of effort and time and thought into everything I make.

Crafts
1.   For mememememe!
   a.   Anything on my wist (wisty surprise) http://www.wists.com/zilamonster
   b.   Or, something beautiful/useful inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/zilamonster
   c.   A nerdy Kindle DX case (dimentions 10.4" x 7.2" x 0.38") Thank you writer_crafter!!
   d.   Handspun yarn. Its like crack.
   e.   Anything which is both useful and Dr. Who related (e.g. a Tardis sewing kit, a tardis zippered pouch, a tardis wallet, a dalek pencil holder, a weeping angel oven mitt, etc)
   f.   Cool pincushions
   g.   A mix tape pouch like in my wist
   h.   A project box/bag like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/53178011/project-box-bag-tote-organizer-large
   i.   A simple necklace like this: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=307944 or something equally cool/simple. I like copper, brass, gold tones.
   j.   Nerdy stitch holders for knitting or crochet
   k.   Ninja stationary
   l.   BIG WISH: Beautiful embroidery art (wall hanging) along the same lines as this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356091.msg4168558#msg4168558  it doesnt have to be a bird/peacock, I just love the style of this and think it is really beautiful
   m.   GIANT WISH (really, I want to make this, it is so cool): A tall size, long, flowy, cotton skirt shaped like this, but done with monochromatic squares (similar color, different pattern) like mustard yellow or blue or clover green or black and white; Im not against it being embellished with beads or embroidery or a crocheted border: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259659.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=359126.0  
2.   For mah kids (sorry these are mostly big wishes!)
   a.   Cotton dresses or smocks for my daughter size 2T, something simple like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360763.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=248408.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357294.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357022.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356606.0
   b.   Knitted cardigan for my daughter, size 2T; something simple like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351959.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348704.0
   c.   A girl doll for my daughter
   d.   A boy doll for my son
   e.   BIG WISH: Captain Hook costume for my son so I dont have to make it! Or, any part of the costume (hat, black wig, coat with tails, ruffled shirt, buckled shoes, hook, etc) He is 3 but wears size 6T (hes a tall boy)
   f.   BIG WISH: Tinkerbelle costume for my daughter so I dont have to make it; or, any part of the costume (wings, green fairy skirt, green fairy onesie, wand, ect)
   g.   BIG WISH: A series of hooped embroidered wall hangings for my daughters room. Think 1 year old but something that can stay on the wall and grow with her.
   h.   BIG WISH: A metal lunchbox playset like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345383.msg4018657#msg4018657 for my daughter or one for my son (he is 3 and would love something like this with firemen or pirates)
   i.   BIG WISH: A Waldorf style doll for my daughter (she has hazel eyes and sandy blonde hair)
   j.   BIG WISH: A Waldorf style doll for my son (he has dark brown eyes and blonde hair)

Craft Supplies
1.   Local artisan yarns or from local farms- I use all types but have a fondness for alpaca
2.   Old embroidered pillow cases, embroidered handkerchiefs, embroidered table runners, anything vintage embroidered- I am collecting these so I can use them to make quilts
3.   Zippers! All colors and shapes and sizes
4.   Recycled (real) leather (from an old coat/jacket or other recycled item)
5.   Large buttons
6.   Fabric
   a.   Old upholstery fabric from a couch or other furniture dated prior to 1969
   b.   Old curtain material or barkcloth dated prior to 1969
   c.   Solid black quilting cotton
   d.   I love Japanese fabric especially anything with a nature related theme
7.   Resin molds and/or resin jewelry supplies- Id like to give this a shot
8.   Essential oils for soap making
9.   Silver, brass, copper wire for crocheting (smaller the gauge the better, e.g. 26)

Extras
1.   Vintage sewing box or tackle/tool boxes, something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49179318/vintage-marigold-sewing-box
2.   Vintage metal lunch boxes
3.   Real English tea from the UK: English breakfast or Earl Grey. There is a real difference in English tea from the UK and English tea from the states for reals people.
4.   Cadbury chocolate from England, anything caramel!
5.   Local coffee or teas or yarns

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 02:33:02 PM by zilamonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NatACT

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010 05:47:17 PM »

I claim Zilamonster for local artisan yarns, and possibly handspun yarn (depending what I can find at the local yarn markets - one of the bonuses of living in the center of merino country we have regular yarn markets)

This is my 1st claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi my name is Nat, I live in Canberra, Australia. I have 2 little kiddies, Megan is 5 years old and Elliot is turned 1 this year.
I love to craft but my main passion is crochet novelties. Im the type of person who gets a kick out of crochet sushi rolls and cherry pie potholders Smiley
My favourite time of the year is Christmas, so most of the items on my list are Christmas related, but in saying that my family also celebrate 5 birthdays the week before Christmas (including mine on the 21st Cheesy) so we take our Christmas celebrations pretty serious Cheesy
Crafts I would love  Smiley

Anything from my wist http://wists.com/NatACT

Christmas ornaments I have a serious addiction to Christmas ornaments from the felted ornament to the beaded chandelier, hanging to seated. If it is a handmade ornament - I will love it promise.

A Christmas Angel for the top of my tree - I love handmade and I would love a handmade Angel Cheesy

Christmas Decorations a garland, wall hanging, welcome sign. Anything really.

Christmas bags / gift bags any size

Christmas gift tags, cards or CD wallets.

A set of hair bands or clips for a 9 month old baby girl, the type that is more like baby fascinators then everyday hair clips. Whites or Pinks would be lovely.  This will be a gift for my niece who has a gorgeous amount of hair (unlike my daughter at the same age: P)

Anything Super Mario Brothers that would be suitable for a 5 year old boy. My nephew is Super Mario crazy and he will be one of the birthdays at Christmas time Smiley

Supplies

Christmas fat quarters - in traditional Christmas colours.

Vannas Choice Yarn in sapphire colour Im making Doris Chans Blue Curacao so any yarn you can send me saves me from ordering it in.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blue-curacao

Christmas Amigurumi patterns. I really like the skiing snow man or woodland Santa from this etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/bvoe668?section_id=6443571

But in saying that, something like these would be great Smiley

Extras

Postcards I love to get postcards from my swap partners Smiley

Pop tarts chocolate fudge it used to be called. They no longer sell Pop tarts in Australia the only way to get them are to order them in. But the ones I love are the chocolate pastry with chocolate inside and chocolate icing on top. I dont have them often as the USA shop here only sells them in their individual packet (2 pastries) and they are $$$$ expensive. So I thought given that I see a lot of US crafters here perhaps one could send some my way Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
frosty772
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010 10:23:30 PM »

I will claim mxer145 for ~~~~~~A vintage style half apron

This is my first claim
None has been sent
Nothing received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 38 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!! We just purchased our first home and are thrilled!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
Anything off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

I would love some soft wool socks!!
Snood in a 40s style (prefer a crochet or knitted tie versus elastic (stays on better)
I have a weird obsession with knitted cuffs!! I love them!!  Chocolate brown, red, white, mustard yellow.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Aprons!!  Even though I sew them I would love to see what others come up with!!  I would also like two childrens apron (both are under 12yrs old)  Transformers and Spiderman a plus!! (one claim at a time is fine needless to say   Grin)

New purse (same reason as above!!!)  I am in need of a large school bag/tote!!  The strap on mine is starting to come loose.

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic.com. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!  Im needing a new one!! (received a beautiful one from feast your eyes.)  More are welcomed!!!

Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Regency or Victorian era Reticule

Petticoat (cotton or cotton blend please) either knee or ankle length !! I actually wear these a lot!! (Im 5'5 email for length) (received one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

I would love love love some embroidered handkerchiefs. Victorian motifs preferred.  Monogrammed with my initials would be nice too!!

Victorian slippers.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

Other Crafts~~~
Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.

Room sprays

Bath bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well
. Im good for now!! Thanks!!

Im looking for some scented oils.  I would rather these be handmade or from specialty shops and not from stores like joanns or hobbylobby ect.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).  Im also interested in the scented candle chunks that you can melt and scent your house.  I have received some but always appreciate more!!

Lavender sachets for my dresser drawers (ive received some but im addicted lol!!  I even hang them near open windows   Grin)

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Im loving the moon jars!!  Would love to have one!!

Im looking for a serving tray that I can bring snacks from the kitchen to the living room.  Asian or victorian influence a real plus.

Im also looking for a picture frame.  about 1.5 inches or more wide/thick on the sides.  What I would like is a thin wooden back fitted to it. I dont need the glass for it.  An old vintage frame would be preferred for this.  Im going to use it as a center piece tray for candles (if you can visualize it will lay flat on the table) I can take a pic of the pic in my book if you would like to see my inspiration.

Shower curtain.  Victorian style please!!

My 18 year old loves Jack Skellington from the Nightmare before Christmas so anything with him on (appropriate for a guy) would be fantastic

Books that teach drawing as well as an art kit of some kind put together would be great.  My 11 year old loves to draw comic books!!

Handcrafted Jewelry with Victorian influence

Victorian/Edwardian style chalk board.   Heres the idea.  Antique frame or mirror with glass removed (small or medium size if perfect).  Where the glass should be is the area to write in (im not sure what would be used to create the chalkboard slate as I only know of the special paint).  Saw one in Victorian Trading Co.  I love the idea!!

Im looking for a table runner for our new table we recently purchased.  Looking for something, of course Victorian style as well.  Measurements can and will be provided.  Want something rich looking but affordable to make!!  Also looking for new fabric dinner napkins (18").

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love a chantilane.  However im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from like antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ .. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003,,,v1178,,,v1172
Simplicity~~
McCalls~~

Fabric Mystery Bundle from Fabricmart.com  http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/804051-10-yard-Mystery-Fabric-Bundle-Assortment.html

Seam roll press/ham  This is the circular tubular ones in various sizes.  This can be made or bought.

Any (new or gently used) patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).  Vintage Sewing Patterns!!       36 Bust is perfect for all patterns.   Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list

Sewing materials/supplies of any form is welcomed!! Needles (Regular or Ball Point Singer or Schmertz plz), Thread (Regular or Serger plz no Joanns brand serger thread), Trims, Elastic, Bias Tape, Patterned Ribbons, Zippers ect..... New or Gently Used is just fine!! Even if I dont need it right now it will eventually get used!! Fabric of all shapes colors and sizes are welcomed!!  Buttons!! New or vintage!!  Color is irrelevant.

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too(can be found at Hancocks).  I desperately need some magnetic snaps!!

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!! Good for now!!

Emphemra

I really really need some cub/boy scout related scrapbooking items such as paper, stickers ect!!!!

Also looking for decorated photo albums.  One is for non American candy wrappers that I collect!!

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House (or any that features Victorian/Edwardian pieces) collection would be wonderful.

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to receive any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves Asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to receive something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Also im looking for bath tub grippers (the ones that prevent slipping) im looking for the kind that stick directly on the tub using tape/sticker.  I cant find any except for the mats

Legos for my two boys would be wonderful.  They are obsessed!!

Im also looking for a Yellow Freight cap.  Hubby would love one as has said so for as long as we have been together.  Not sure why but figured I would look for him!!

Pagan Related
Incense charcoal (these can be found in metaphysical or ethnic shops such as those specializing in incense)
Doves Blood ink (Its not really doves blood!!!  Thats just the name for inks used for writing positive chants!!!  There is Dragons Blood too and there are no dragons running around that I know of  Grin)
Parchment paper

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 10:28:56 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010 10:39:02 PM »

I claim Frosty for a few wisty surprises Smiley

Claim 2/0/0

My name is Monica. I live in the Crystal Coast of North Carolina the last bank of the outer banks LOVE the ocean as much as life!We are floating here right now but it is a great place to be floating or not!! I am "Lolly" to my 2 grandbrats.I am raising them and loving it but man can you all craft me a break?? Yes/ No well heck!!.. I was DX with cancer so I would love any of the items below to make me happy.Round hell of chemo started again BALH GAG but I will keep my hair  I am a VERY YOUNG 41 and would like to kick the crap out of Oprah she say 40 and fabulous WHAT it is more like 40 and falling apart LOL. I am really a happy person and will beat this and cancer with the help of my wonderful husband, family and crafting. We have just been married our 15 years of fun and travel...Life is GOOD!! stop and smell the chocolate along the way peeps you never know! But if you dont like chocolate I will smell it for you...

I would be so grateful to receive anything from my lists! Thank you in advance and cant wait to be surprised!

I am very edgy and girly at the same time. I love Pin up girls, sugar skulls, mermaids, pirates, and even mod but do not care for items that really have no use as I am really cramped here, I totally love fabric and fabric newsboy hats and things that make my life more simple and women tees. Please if your making me a tee don't send the Hanes style or Mens  crew neck YUCK They will just sit in the shelf and never get uses..I like ladies tees only...I like a LARGE 12-14 OR XL if really TIGHT slim fitted and I don't ware dark colors or neon Blah...I love pinks, sea green, light blue, yellow, white, lavender, off red not red red , sand, peach to name a few just think beach girl  Ummm with the weather here think I am growing fins...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR CLAIMING ME!!

Crafts:
~ coldpress/processed Lavender soap ( only lavender no other scents in it please not even vanilla ) no melt and pour...

~  I would love a fabric basket set for my bathroom...(blues,greens,purples browns,in ocean batik  fabric only please)

~some altered long sleeve tee shirts like in my wist ( as close to the ones in my wist as you can make..I have the style of tees I like too there. men's tees, or tees that are in packages like the Hanes crew Blah too boyish( I don't ware.Please no puff paint or glitter....) I love the styles in my wists I listed... I don't mind the cheep ones from Walmart the 100% cotton only please...I love Vneck, scoop neck or a lower cut crewish BUT do not ware reg Haynes style tees..Please no puff paint
~A sock monkey like in my profile fave pics

~These wrist warmers fingerless gloves in pink n white,  a earthy tans and browns pair for a 6 year old girl and a matching pair in the same for an adult would rock
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/146a8d06d4b0304b7203a20fa6f282a0?offset=20
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/013b48e8f0338911a05dd5061d298928?offset=20

~big wish A sewing machine cover for my  in this fabric to match my sewing machine apron Please only this fabric http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd1036851
and if you use a coupon it is 40%off love that   PM for measurements please
I only want it to match my wonderful apron I have for it It ROCKS and OMG this is coolIt could be Black with accents in this fabric too that would rock also

~Something like this for my room in these colors I would love it..
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/c4da1c70757115cb4895ff1f7c74830c?offset=100

~ A poppet for my room..a sweet one, naughty one, Redskins one 1/2 maroon /gold Or with a skinds color top?  he would love you really this would be a Christmas gift MY HUBBY WOULD LOVE YOU for life!  I would love a BOY MERMAN POPPET OR A BOY OCTOPUS one to go with my girls in my room I would love you Full size not the baby ones please I have some of them and want Boys for my girls full size.Why yes I do play with my poppets Shhhh..

~ NEW a small art quilt for my DH of the WASHINGTON REDSKINS for his office I cant stand them   but he loves them  this would  ( christmas gift) for his office

~ a bigger throw pillow like this in tan or chocolate that says LOLLY for my bed at least 12X12
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/e5d41a53c6ba8c63f7f88e7ce008ef15?offset=20

~  This is freaking awesome...would love one like this in white  like this in sz US 12-14 I know huge wish but hey a gal can dream right??
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28363708&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=crochet+top&ga_search_type=&ga_page=4&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title   I know it is a large but it is sooo cool...

~ This is awesome...I would love it in chocolate, navy or black is OK too...Vinyl lettering for my home
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/9ba6230aafe3ad7b0524350eccd77827?offset=26

~---a painting of my dog 8X10 or bigger just love my dogs to pieces but Buster is my world Please a painting for my wall would be great. I have some others and really want a painting to keep above a shelf when he goes that will hold his ashes if you can really paint man I will just be thrilled..I dont want anymore altered art or photocopies for this important project.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=368353&size=big&ppuser=124209
or me and my dog  http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=368355&size=big&ppuser=124209
PLEASE ASK ME TO SEND YOU A PIC OF MY DOG

~~NEW OMG I would love a set like this for my kitchen
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/69a54935ca783e79292fbbfb27f18c42?offset=0

Supplies:
~ Big wish NEW I would love this pattern http://www.wists.com/babalina58/dddbc3a7779b5a88bdcf9ec040e96053?offset=360
HUGE wish~~ one of the old Samsonite make up hard case ( that does not smell inside you cant get it out no matter what Sad but for me to deco it the way I want ...

~ a button maker used is GREAT

~  Queen batting for making a quilt thin is fine

~  Twin / crib Batting for quilting thin is great

~ new spools of cotton thread all colors welcome please no white, red.navy,baby pink, sand , cream or brown or black I have so much of them...more  yellows and fun colors think beach and summer

~ Bias tape ( blues blacks reds browns pinks white whatever I use wide double fold only really for what I need it for..

~fuse web I use a ton of it

~transfer paper and transfer pencils

~any of the fabric I have in my wist or Pin Up Girls must have LOL....Please at least a yard but if you want to just send me some cool fabric from my wist make it one of the printed pirate, pinups I can get most of the other floral stuff here...

~ dressmaker sheers

~Pinker sheers NEED BAD

~  Serger thread cones  Brown, Pink, Blue, Red ,Greens if you can 3 of the same color I have a bunch of white and cream

~ NEW all purpose sewing thread --Need Yellows, blues not royal or navy , greens ( just not kelly) off reds ( have a ton of red red,)  white, black, browns, but can always use more cloak's from walmart or whatever new thread  works for me I need new ones or thread that has not been in grandmas stash...it becomes weak and brittle with time...

~ bottles of fabric medium

~ YUDU screen paint Black, White or silver would be great

~ fiskers rotary cutter replacement blade ( I sure use a lot of these ) 45 mm ones
unwanted cricut cartreg and the key pad

~ a button maker used is GREAT

~Clips like to make dog collars

~Castin' Craft Easycast Clear Casting Epoxy

~Tile Nippers-For Stained Glass & Mosaics

extras~
~Med- large  size hair bows Pretty for Atlanta she loves them to clip in, ask for a color list she wants needs to match her outfits LITTLE PRINCESS DIVA!
~kender Bueno  OMG to die for  I WOULD ALL BUT DANCE A JIG NAKED FOR THEM LOL
~milk chocolate...I love nuts, coconut, coffee beans,
~ cotton fabric you have laying around you dont need or want any style FQ or bigger would be great
HOT bbq sauce, salsa, hot sauce from your area Mmmm Mmmm we live for heat here!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 10:46:42 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Hebe73
Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010 10:17:29 AM »

I'm claiming Babelina58 for some altered tees and maybe some extra (depending if I can find what I need)

First claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received

Hi, My name is Giovanna and I'm 37, but feel and act about 10 years younger, I live in the UK but am Dutch and moved here about 10 yrs ago.

I live with my bf and 2 cats who do have access to my craft room (simply as its so full the door had to be removed... I am only allergic to seafood, but other then that very easy

I sew and knit mainly and have dabbled in soap making, i would love to learn to crochet to make all those awesome amigurumi out there, I love the colours purple and teal, and anything with skulls and flames. I love black and any bright colour except pink. I am not a girly girl.

My friends describe me as a punk rock geek with a touch of goth.. in which they are probably right.. I love video games and used to work in IT but now back in uni to change careers to exercise and health science.

I love dragons!! the proper 4 legged and wings variety..

Crafts

I need a new pincushion, something cool and unusual.. if it could contain the rest of the pins inside that will help as i broke the lid of the container they are in now..

plushies.. I would love a dragon plushie or any other cool punk and/or rock plushie or video game one.. I love Team Fortress 2/Left 4 Dead

Wall art themed in either something like my cats (i can give photos as reference) or ocean (think crashing waves)

Jewellery, I love semi precious stones and amethyst and tiger eye are among my favourites, but i love them all. wearing citrine at the moment. I have pierced ears. necklace, earrings, bracelet are all welcome.

Its is getting to that season, and after 4 years our living room is finished so we can actually decorate it for the first time.. I would love some xmas ornaments, nothing religious or super traditional but bright colours and any cute/cool thing.. I know i sound vague but we have very little decorations, so any cool items will be loved. PM if you want more info... ohh just thought.. zombie xmas decorations, will be super loved!!

Handyed and/or handspun yarn, I love for some of this yarnie goodness

Anything from my My Wists or inspired by it. Its not massive but it gives a good idea.

If anyone can knit socks or use dpns, I would love to learn how to knit socks, I can knit most other things..

Learn to crochet kit

resin kit (something else I would love to learn)

cool amigurumi's anything video game (ask me for which ones if you are a nerd like me) or star wars.

Whimsy jar

Handmade soap.. I love citrus and lavender. I have a sensitive skin and i loved the soaps i used to make.
I prefer essentials oils.

Cool altered or stencilled tees, i love fitted ladies t-shirts, size M to L (large bust) see wist for a few nerdy ones.

I would love to replace my bulky purse with a card purse and a money purse.

Supplies

Anything for sewing.. zippers/buttons/ribbon/interfacing etc..

Fabric, I have some examples on my wist.. I love any fabric

patterns for either clothing or plushies or bags/hats

safety eyes, mainly the black ones. somehow they are harder to get.

altoid tins.. cant find them here for the life of me

poppet bits. I would love to learn how make a poppet, but i am limit on supplies or know how..

Extra

Cant really think of anything in particulair, but i love dark/bitter choclate with at least 65% cocoa
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010 04:11:49 PM by Hebe73 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists
Ewulotta
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010 12:51:25 PM »

I claim Hebe73 for a stencilled tee and maybe something else.

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 received

My name is Eva and Im from Germany. Im a 27-year old trainee teacher at secondary school. In my free time I work with kids in church. Thats why I dabble in many different crafts to find new ideas for the kids. But I really enjoy felting, stencilling and sewing. I like natural and bright colours (green, brown, violet, teal) and natural materials like wool or wood. Unfortunately
Im allergic to cat hair.

My wishlist (check out my wists for more inspiration: http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta)
Big wishes in bolt

Crafts

Hand-knitted hat (for my sister, a black angora or fluffy one with small beads or like this one here in black http://www.etsy.com/listing/18586515/iceberg-beanie-hat)

Crocheted floral scarf (teal or purple)

Amigurumi Hobbes tiger (the one from the Calvin&Hobbes comics)

Halloween Amigurumis (like these ones here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360313.0)

Appliqued pillow cases (something Halloween or autumn or with Calvin&Hobbes)

Luna Lovegood Scarf in purple or teal

Jewellery-/ earring holder (a framed one that would hold earrings and necklaces, like this one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27093634)

Charm Bracelet

Simple Blank Notecards (which I could use for any occasion, linocut, stamped or embellished)

Custom Rubber Stamps (with flowers or birdies and my name)

FRIENDS peephole frame (http://www.friendsposter.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/frame.jpg)

Decorated paper clips

Small decoupaged box to carry chalk in my bag

Door sign (maybe scrapbooking, maybe wooden, anything modern. bf and I just moved in together so we need a name plate for the door)

Kanzashi flowers

Placemats (a set of 4 would be great, either appliqud or embroidered with flowers, trees, stripes or dots, brown, teal and/or purple)

Cloth Napkins (a set of 4 embroidered with eating related quotations would be fantastic. We've got a white table so black, purple or grey napkins would be perfect. PM for more details like font or German quotations)

Wisty surprise

Supplies
Beads (poly clay, glass, wooden)
Roving (hand-dyed would be really nice)
Fabric (Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Michael Miller or any Free Spirit, those are difficult to find in Germany)
Scrapbooking Paper/ Supplies
Rubber stamp carving kit

Extras
Crafting books or magazines
Sewing magazines
Chocolate
Tea

Thanks whoever claims me!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010 12:57:21 PM by Ewulotta » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010 01:25:48 PM »

I'm going to claim Ewulotta for Jewellery-/ earring holder. Seems like a fun project to try.

First claim this round!

About Me
33 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats.
  • My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together).
  • My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy.
  • My favorite colors for shirts/clothes are browns, greens, purples, and both heather and charcoal greys.
  • I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together
  • I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.)
  • My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes.
  • My favorite flower is the Daffodil.
  • My favorite hobbies include: reading, photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafty Wishes

Grin = BIG WISH!

Sewing

NEW -- Coupon Organizer. I always have coupons but they get lost in my purse. I LOVE this style. Small enough to fit in my purse but with sections would be great.

NEW -- Halloween Tote Bag I love this one. It's so fun!

NEW -- Custom Witch's Hat I really love this a lot.

NEW -- Grin  A Lapboard I really need a new one. Something comfy so I can use my heavy laptop on the couch more comfortably. I like this one a lot but it wouldn't have to be that exact color/fabric. Just the style is really useful.

-- Wrap-style pants for my guy! Same concept as these but maybe a little more manly/unisex and full-length. (He's a 36x30) Cotton fabric probably best. He LOVES his pair from Claire but is jealous I have two pairs. He'd LOVE a pair in a dark blue or dark green as well.

--  Something made from the JOEL DEWBERRY'S AVIARY ALMOND FABRIC. (Stuff like this wristlet or these potholders or this craft apron or this card holder or this wallet, or this purse etc. Pillows, aprons, anything! I am just in love with this fabric!

-- A Day Tote/Weekender Bag. There's not a thing I don't love about this one for example, but it could be in different fabrics of similar colors for example. It looks sturdy and says it has pockets and the shape is really lovely. I also really like this one which would be a lovely weekender bag since I don't own any luggage. And of course, Amy Butler's pattern is neat but it wouldn't have to be in her fabric.

--  A Cozy Winter Summer Wrap like this thread BUT lightweight. I have the most awesome warm version already but I'd love a lighter weight version for wearing in chilly air conditioning like at work as well. It's hot outside but sometimes a touch chilly inside. Not enough for a jacket, but enough your arms are a little cold.  (tutorial here) Some neutral color/pattern (grey, white, beige, etc.) would probably be easiest to wear a lot.

--  Grin Grin Greek Goddess Halloween Costume like this. I LOVE this costume and it would be awesome to have it made for me and my measurements instead of buying one off the shelf that never fits! Wink

-- Any sewn wist item You can see all the sewing items I've wisted here.

Knitting

-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. There are some wisted here for inspiration. (And yes, thick ones for around the house are perfect too!)

-- A shrug like this style (Or another example.) Could be in a self-striping in any color I like (blues, purples, greens, greys, browns, etc.) or solid. It's the style and idea I really like. I'm flexible on the color/pattern.

-- A cable knit bag. I really like cable knit and I think this bag is really cool.

-- Any knitted wist items. You can see all the wisted knit items here.

Crochet

-- Crochet Wist Items. I have a bunch of things that I like wisted here. Mostly shrugs/shawls that sort of thing but there's quite a few I really like.

Other

NEW -- Grin Grin Hand Carved Deer (Buck) Stamp - I LOVE this. I'd love one just like it - large in size like it too - specifically for the same use; making Yule cards.

--  Grin Grin Phoenix-colored Necklace just like this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece. It's beautiful colors, it's in silver, it's just perfect. I so want this. Yes, I make jewelry but it'd be nice to have something beautiful like this made for me for a change! Wink

--  Grin Batik/Dyed / "Shibori-Dyed" Fitted Tee Shirts Like above, short sleeve, 3/4 or long sleeve is fine so long as it's fitted. I like styles like THESE in my wists. I especially love the flame style one but really like this type of look a lot. It''s different from the shirts I typically wear and I like that. (Please just no hippie/Grateful Dead rainbow style tie dye. Nothing against hippies but it's just not my personal preference.)

--  Fitted Style Tee Shirts. Short sleeve, 3/4 length or long sleeve. Fitted, size small or US 4 equivalent. (I like the Mossimo ones from Target a lot but am open to others too!) I have received a ton and I love them but I also live in fitted tees and more are always welcome. I have a bunch of styles I love WISTED for inspiration.

--  Something stained glass - sun catcher, nightlight, glass mosaic item, etc. Anything! I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself. I have a wall of sliding glass doors and would love to put up something pretty there! (HERE are some I've wisted for inspiration/ideas.)

--  Ceramic/pottery tea mug, oversized mug, or cereal bowl (I eat cereal every single day!) or anything like that. Again, a skill I don't have but really love. (HERE are a couple things I've wisted for inspiration.)

--  Anything with a phoenix. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items as inspiration.

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my amazon wishlist, my etsy favorites, the colors I like, my favorite animals, or my favorite flower, etc. and see what you can make that you think I'd like!
Please Note: I AM in a Christmas Swap right now which is why there are a lot of Christmas Items on my Wist!

Craft Supplies

--  Grin Grin Jewelry Presentation Displays I have one in black but I need a necklace one in WHITE for photographing my work. I could also use a necklace/earring combo and a bracelet hand. These are examples of styles I like and could REALLY use:
 - Simple Necklace: Display, necklace, leatherette, white, 10x8 inches
 - Fancier Necklace/Earrings: Display, necklace/earring, frosted acrylic
 - Another Fancier Necklace/Earrings: Display, Venus figure, opaque white, 12 x 8-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches
 - Ring/Bracelet Display, acrylic, clear frosted, 7-1/4 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch hand

-- Grin Grin Gemstone Beads I'd love to start using more faceted, briolette and other cut stones. Here are some I really am coveting.
(Listings shown are just for example of the stone. Can easily be smaller quantities for more reasonable cost!)
 - Any gems on my Etsy favorites - Bunches listed here
 -Chrome Diopside Beads - Especially teardrops or briolettes or rondelles would be nice. Example
 - Mexican Fire Opal Rondelle Beads - example or example
 - Hesonite Garnet - example
 - Sapphire Rondelle Beads - In a red/orange/yellow combo. example or example and example

-- A sewing basket. You know, classic little box with a handle to store my growing collection of threads, notions, scissors, etc. Like this idea/ or this one. Doesn't have to be that fabric or anything but that idea. Right now, all my stuff is just piled up in a mess on my desk.

-- Mini Cake Pans. How cute are these? I don't know that I *need* them per se, but they're just so darn fun.

-- Lampwork beads. Love. Wish I could make but I''m too scared of open flame. Cheesy

-- Dichroic Glass Beads I love this mix for example. So pretty!

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal and any 16, 22 or 24 gauge wire is in any color is always useful. (Especially if it's silver-plated!)

-- Resin Starter Kit I've been curious to try these so something to get started (resin, molds, etc.) would be fun.

NEW -- Jewelry Hammer and Mini Anvil Set Now that I'm working with wire more, I'd love a jewelry hammer and anvil to flatten my wire and shape it with more control. Hammer example and anvil example. Obviously a mini anvil! Wink

NEW -- Swarovski crystals: 4mm, 6mm or 8mm bicone Swarovski crystals. Range of colors. (There's some cool, ready mixes here for example.) Also, rondelles in about 6mm size in a range of colors. Any other sizes, shapes and such are welcome too. (Cube, pendants, helix, etc.) I have some project ideas that need a lot of random, coordinating, color themed crystals!

NEW --  Grin Puffy Heart Pendant Instructions/Kit like this or this. I've wanted to learn how to make this forever! Bonus would be if I had some of the materials needed as well like the stringing material. (There's also a full kit HERE and another HERE which is totally helpful and even more awesome!!)

NEW -- Button Maker I think it'd be fun to make my own buttons. Some sort of starter kit would be great. I've never made any before. Can totally be used/pre-owned!

Extras
-- Tea! Especially fruity ones. (Caffeinated ones are fine too for my morning cup at work!)
 -- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut please.
 -- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)
 -- Pineapple anything so long as it does NOT have coconut in it. (Candy, snacks, candles, body spray, etc.) Finding pure, straight pineapple is so hard!
 -- Sewing magazines. (especially things geared towards newbies)
 -- Beading magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010 04:50:21 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF NEWS: Roksanda - Fall 2015 - London Fashion Week - Runway & Designer Interview
Zosia Mamet Debuts Platinum Bob at NYC Cocktail Party
5 Great Eco-Friendly Beauty Products
5 Beauty Tricks from Your Medicine Cabinet
Dr. Ava Shamban Explains Lip Injections
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...