A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Craft Kit Round 13 (Sign ups closed) (Send outs Nov 8)  (Read 9241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010 05:26:20 PM »

I think the hardest part will be turning what I've done since I was 10 into instructions...I'm sure there is a "right" way and then there is MY way.  The best part is shopping for all the goodies you wish you had when you first started Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010 05:33:52 AM »

I think the hardest part will be turning what I've done since I was 10 into instructions...I'm sure there is a "right" way and then there is MY way. 

I have the same problem. I taught myself, so I can't be sure everything I do is correct.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010 11:20:46 AM »

Ok I have a question, do we have to write our OWN instructions? Because I'm doing a spinning kit and a knitting kit. Spinning is really hard to describe, it's way better to watch a video. And with knitting, I'm self taught and in all honesty, I knit ass backwards LOL I knit continental but purl combination (which i know doesn't make sense at all unless you're familiar with the different styles of knitting). So I would much rather include my favorite how to knitting book and a reference on where to go for free videos/pictures/patterns. If it absolutely must be my own instructions, well, I will do my best is all I can say lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
craftaddiction
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2010 11:38:25 AM »

Your kit must include directions, but the directions do not need to be written by you. So, including a book would be no problem, but telling them where to find directions online (without including any other directions) would not meet the requirement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010 11:48:27 AM »

Ok that clarifies things. I think I will write my own quick instructions with photos for the spinning because I can't find a certain technique that I want to include, and then I will include links to videos.
And I think for the knitting I will include a book and links to websites. Would that be ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010 11:52:16 AM »

Ok that clarifies things. I think I will write my own quick instructions with photos for the spinning because I can't find a certain technique that I want to include, and then I will include links to videos.
And I think for the knitting I will include a book and links to websites. Would that be ok?
That works. You just have to have some sort of written directions, a book or your own quick instructions with photos would take care of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My pinterest
craftaddiction
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010 02:32:06 PM »

That works. You just have to have some sort of written directions, a book or your own quick instructions with photos would take care of it.
I just wanted to clarify, for everyone, that the directions do not need to be written. They just need to be included. So a link to online directions won't work, but a video burnt to cd would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My pinterest
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010 03:49:54 PM »

Sent today! I used my camera to video tape myself spinning along with links to videos of others spinning. My techniques are different than most videos you find online, so I went ahead and made my own lol

Now to work on my second kit Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2010 02:41:33 PM »

I finally have some time off and have been updating everyone here on craftster. I have collected some items for my kits and can't wait to put it all together Cheesy This is going to be so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010 12:58:50 AM »

So excited! I hit my last fiber festival of the season today and picked up a TON of goodies to use in my kits. I'll now be working on gathering it all up together to get them out soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Puff Stitch Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 3/12
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 6/12
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 7/12
How to Crochet a Puff Stitch Part 1/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...