A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invasion of the Witch BOO'ts!!! - Paper Mache  (Read 21409 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween , halloween_decoration , featured_project , papier_mache , boots , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KimmyLynne82
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I enjoy being a dame.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010 04:54:59 PM »

After making my first attempt at paper mache, I can see how one could become addicted...these boots are incredible!! I have too much on my plate right now to try this, but it's definitely going in the "To Try" file!!

Thank you for sharing these with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog~Twitter: @ThePeachMartini

I <3 Personal Swaps!
FoxyMama
So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010 07:16:56 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 
WOW!!!  These are amazing beyond words.  I am totally coveting the green one and I can't wait to see the Steampunk and Tim Burton boots when you finish them.  So awesome!!!

~Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
mieljolie
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010 08:18:42 PM »

After making my first attempt at paper mache, I can see how one could become addicted...these boots are incredible!! I have too much on my plate right now to try this, but it's definitely going in the "To Try" file!!...

I agree that paper mache is addictive.  It's lots of fun to shred paper and play in goo for hours!  Kinda brings out the kid in you.  I definitely hope this project makes it out of you "To Try" file soon. 

...can't wait to see the Steampunk and Tim Burton boots when you finish them.  So awesome!!!...

Good news is the purple TB-style one is just about finished and ready for it's debut.  Just need to decide on the laces and add some decorations.  Along with the little orange one that just needs some finishing touches.  I've got a long way to go on the steampunk boot.  I'm saving it until the very last, I think.  Still pondering some details I want to add, but not sure how to go about.  Still staring at the three shoes waiting for them to tell me what they want me to paint on them.  Smiley

Thanks, again for taking the time to comment.  I really enjoy getting feedback on my work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekella
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010 08:58:14 PM »

omg I love these *--*

if they were real shoes, i'd totally as you if you have an etsy and buy some lol ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010 08:19:15 AM »

Hahaha, geekella.  If they were REAL boots, I'd probably be hoarding them in my closet!  Smiley   

Not sure how you'd go about painting on a black leather boot so that the decoration would show up.  It would be pretty difficult to find a white or light witch boot to start with.  If you find us both a pair, I'd be happy to give it a try.  I'm about a 7.  Hehe  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010 02:57:28 PM »

I would love a tute, they are fantastic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mieljolie
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010 04:26:26 PM »

Thanks, monnie31!  I'll get to the tute as soon as I can.

I've just updated my post to include the little orange boot that I just finished.  It's "A Little Batty", literally.  Think I've figured out the lacing on the purple one, too.  So, that should be finished really soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010 05:12:19 PM »

The batty ones rock hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010 05:39:53 PM »

Even though it's halloween themed, I still keep the one I got from you in the Once You Pop swap years ago out all year round! These are equally awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
mieljolie
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010 06:03:45 PM »

Even though it's halloween themed, I still keep the one I got from you in the Once You Pop swap years ago out all year round! These are equally awesome!

Oh my goodness!  Hello there, c n' v!!!!  Yes, yours was the beginning of all of this.  Yours even had a removable "leg" in it.  Wink  If I may ask, do you display it with or without the can?  I've had so many requests for boots since then.  That's one reason I made these (besides being a blast to make).  And just so ya know, I take the reticule bag you made me to every faire.  I sometimes carry my flask or favors in it.  I just love it.  Good to see you 'round here.  Glad you stopped in to comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Gin Martini Recipe
The Perfect Recipe For Stuffing, From Trisha Yearwood
My Favorite Christmas Dinner, Trisha Yearwood
How to Make Orange Cranberry Muffins
Eggnog Monte Cristos: Outside the Box
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...