A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 309,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Andy, A boy doll made from my own pattern (mature images of boy parts)  (Read 2503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilsparrowdesigns

chocolate feeds the body but sewing feeds me soul

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010 11:27:58 AM »

So after hunting for a pattern that was almost as big as my 5 year old i gave up and set to making my own , having made poppets and other types of doll not a biggie right? WRONG , this is Andy he is my prototype made from  the first go with  this pattern , he is 25 inches tall has boy parts, a belly button ,and even a butt crack which every one who sees him  finds hilarious, i unfortunately did not get good pic of his details other than the boy parts before my cruddy camera decided to croak on  me . Andy has toes and 5 fingers is anatomically correct , and best of all is made from recycled materials, his body was an old jersey bed sheet his "guts" are stuffing out of a pillow i found at a thrift store and his eyes which i could not get a good pic of are actually the wiggly black dot out of Giant wiggly eyes painted to look like real eyes complete with color striations  , his hair is a piece of reclaimed fur from an old carnival toy. He unfortunately was a fail in my book his body is oddly shaped though i  think its from the cruddy stuffing that was in the pillow it wasn't stuffing at all it was various types of shredded fibers. over all he turned out half way decent and sits in my sewing room as a reminder so  with  out further a due here he is in all his naked glory  .And once again sorry for the cruddy pics

Andy

what you cant tell from this pic is that his ears actually look like ears i suck at embroidery but i added in every thing to make them look as close to real as i could

to change your image viewing settings please click here

An in progress shot before all his details were added in and his wonky toes were fixed

and last but not least the boy parts which my hubs said were necessary because he had a belly button and butt crack..

to change your image viewing settings please click here

c and c welcome
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010 12:36:27 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Repaired mature image code for member :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate feeds my body but sewing feeds my soul.. and aleeve helps withe pain associated with the needle pricks..
aisy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010 02:25:53 PM »

that is a very anatomically correct penis  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leopardstripes

The other one has bells on it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010 03:12:52 PM »

Andy's pretty cool! You're inspiring me to do a life-size doll for my youngest- he's LOVE Andy! Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can't seem to stay with one guru long enough to get enlightened." -from the Life and Letters of Tofu Roshi
lilsparrowdesigns

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010 05:10:57 PM »

that is a very anatomically correct penis  Grin

ha ha it is isnt it its a lil to good.  it really cracks me up, my sons will not have one , i don't think his teachers at school would like it to  much..i can  hear it now ...

And to lepordstripes, go  for it , its funny actually when  people see a doll that big, we actually got pulled over because i had him in my lap while driving. the cop felt sooo stupid. there's something about bigger dolls especially when  u  can  utilize your childrens old clothes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate feeds my body but sewing feeds my soul.. and aleeve helps withe pain associated with the needle pricks..
gotgrey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010 11:31:35 AM »

I don't see anything wrong w/him.  I think he's cute.  My sister and I had realistic looking dolls when we were little.  They were sold as a set, twins.  A boy and a girl.  Even though my sister was a newborn, my mom gave her the girl.  I got the boy (funny, now and days I would pick the boy) even though I wanted the girl.  Any how, if either one of us took them w/us in the car or to the grocery store, my mom would get second looks from the cops and the people shopping in the store.  They would think the doll was real and being mistreated or something.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilsparrowdesigns

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010 05:36:41 PM »

I don't see anything wrong w/him.  I think he's cute.  My sister and I had realistic looking dolls when we were little.  They were sold as a set, twins.  A boy and a girl.  Even though my sister was a newborn, my mom gave her the girl.  I got the boy (funny, now and days I would pick the boy) even though I wanted the girl.  Any how, if either one of us took them w/us in the car or to the grocery store, my mom would get second looks from the cops and the people shopping in the store.  They would think the doll was real and being mistreated or something.  Wink

he is cute, i  like him and if he were better put together hed make a great toy as with  all first trys there are bugs especially with  the crappy sheet i used it didnt hold up to sewing well , seams popped easily and so  on ... but you are right , my gram had a very realistic doll when i  was young, (i think she still has him) every one thought he was real even smelled real like baby powder, people used to do basically the same thing when  he was brought out...  i do  love andy though  hes a great addition to  the ever growing bunch of things ive made that i just cant part with , sadly i end up keeping more than i sell my husband hates it...
Thanks for the great comments
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010 06:20:29 PM »

He, he!  My husband actually keeps most of what I make to sell.  He just can't part w/the stuffies I make  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilsparrowdesigns

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010 09:34:44 PM »

He, he!  My husband actually keeps most of what I make to sell.  He just can't part w/the stuffies I make  Grin
lol thats to  cute that he does that , i  wish  mine were more like that ... i dont know whats worse me hoarding my faves or my kids making things vanish...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jamie Greenberg Cooks Up All Natural Beauty Products With Alexis Wolfer
How to Wear Coral Lipstick
How to Apply Blush in 5 Seconds
Debunking Beauty Myths
Fiber Mascara Review: Too Faced Vs. Younique
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...