A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Book Swap - GALLERY  (Read 21781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2010 02:48:22 PM »

Yay!  I'm l glad you like it, lady4feet!  The pages from the earrings and necklace are indeed from the same book.  I had a very hard time convincing myself that it would be okay to actually cut up a real book!  But I had 2 copies, so I bit the bullet and went for it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2010 05:33:08 PM »

That fold out months book is totally cool! I think that theme may wind up on my themes list for round 2...

The little black book is very neat too, I bet it's got all sorts of pretty paper in it!

Okay, but everyone get ready to be blown away! I received from alwaysinspired today and she made the most wonderful tiny book EVER!

She incorporated lots of my themes! Birds, textures, altered art... And she totally captured the kinds of bright colors that I just can't get enough of.

Here are little pictures of all the page spreads, which are all a different color theme, so different, but all so perfectly cohesive... The mark of a very talented artist!

Some of my favorite pages:

She even snuck onto my blog and used pictures of my pet birdies! This is my Kitty bird, she passed away in January. Having my bird pals crafted in makes this so special to me. So thoughtful Smiley

And there's even a movable element! The bird pops out of the egg on this page. How awesome is that??

And another favorite page. Just wonderful.

Thank you SOOO much! I reallllly adore this little book you made for me. It's something I'll really cherish.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010 05:51:24 PM »

Grin Yay! So glad you like it Nooo. I had so much fun creating it for you. We even have the same fave pages.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spidermom
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2010 07:43:46 PM »

wow!  amazing books Noooo and AlwaysInspired!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
CraftyDiem
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010 10:09:56 AM »

I have to say that when I sent my little book off I was not sure why people did swaps - I mean I spent all this time and then sent it to a stranger who might not even like it but would be too kind to say so!  Well...when I got my amazing, beautiful, fantastic piece of art I was like - OOHHHHH!!!  Because do you ever craft something that is just for yourself that encompasses all of your favorite things??  Well I never do.  I'm always making things for family or friends but rarely for myself.  Those projects seem to sit on the back burner.  OK - so I will take and post pictures of my fabulous book later today.  Since Pioneer9 doesn't have a camera she asked me to take and post pics for her of the book I made and sent.  Here you go!  (I don't know how to do fancy photo stuff like make them smaller or bigger so I'm afraid this will be pretty pic heavy)   OK - I will do thumbnails of the text pages and big pics of the pictures.  If you want to read about each monster you can click the thumbnail.

The cover:

Sock Monster:

Bogey Man
(not easy to find a Latin translation for bogey!!)  Also a hat tip here to Terry Pratchett and the discworld series!

Dust Bunny
(You might want to read up on this guy - did you know it's dangerous to keep your house TOO clean??)

Book Worm:

FYI - I was originally going to poke the book worm through the book - but once I had made it I couldn't quite bring myself to rip a hole into it!  Even just made up books feel sacred to me (at least when they have poetry) and another note - Pioneer9's favorite poet is the person I was named for - Emily Dickinson!

And the back cover which explains some of the choices I made:

All in all I have to admit that I'm not quite the artist that a lot of people here are - including my partner.  Mine looks really simple in comparison.  I will say though, that I loved participating and put a lot of thought and heart and time into my book and it is truly made especially for Pioneer9!  Thanks for being a great swap partner!!!

Emily
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Progress not perfection.

http://craftydiem.blogspot.com/
pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010 10:45:22 AM »

I love all my monsters Smiley Everyone, be sure to click on the thumbnails and read the text-- it's well worth it. The last paragraph of the bogey man one is my absolute favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010 10:52:01 AM »

Wonderful monster book! The text is fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDiem
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010 11:39:46 AM »

Ok - prepare for some wonderfulness!!!

Things I love include children's books, rainbows, quilting (fabric), little monster guys and especially this book!  I'm going to carry it around with me everywhere I go to keep that little happiness close by.  I can't tell you a favorite page - just can't!!!  I bet you will have trouble picking too!!!  (Although I do wish I had rainbow hair...)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Progress not perfection.

http://craftydiem.blogspot.com/
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2010 01:26:25 PM »

What a happy little rainbow book! Love all of the quotes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010 04:42:27 PM »

Love the rainbow book! So happy and colorful.

And the household monster book is fantastic, so fascinating!

And the birdbook is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Cinnamon Dinner Apples Recipe
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy Recipe
Best Ever Oven Baked Tuna Casserole Recipe
Cheddar Apple Crisp Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...