A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,316
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chicken & Oranges  (Read 893 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , chicken , orange  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alhrayth
« on: September 21, 2010 04:54:31 AM »

This is a dish I made several times during the summer because it has a fresh taste which I enjoyed very much in the awful heat we suffered this season. I do it even with fish instead of chicken, as long as it is a pretty bland fish, because the star flavour here are the oranges mixed with the onions... I know it sounds weird, but I promise it is good!

For two, I used 2 chicken breasts, 2 oranges, and one large white onion, a bit of dried mint (which is actually pretty optional. and I couldn't tast it much. Ok, basically, I just liked the speckles of dark for contrast, lol!)

• chop/mince the onion finely, and spread it in a lightly oiled pan
  • slice the oranges, obtaining 4 slices from each one. save the rounded ends, we'll squeeze the jouce out of them
  • arrange 4 orange slices over the onions (so, during cooking the oranges will give their flavour to the onion)
  • on top of the orange, spread/balance the chicken, cut into tiny pieces,and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, mint and the orange juice squeezed from the ends of the oranges
  • place the other 4 slices of orange on top of this pile, it will look more or less like this:

• add a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan, cover with a lid and start cooking
  • because of the unstable nature of te tiny chicken pieces, at some point the structure collapsed, so I stirred it around to spread the flavour better
  • and let it cook some more, till the water has gone and the onion/oranges start to caramelize a little
  • serve and enjoy!

To round up the dish a little more, you could serve it with a side of rice (I'd pick a basmati), maybe flavouring it with a little orange juice...

More pics on my blog, if you can stand the google translate button... (actually, I am laughing sooooo much when I read on the translated bit, trying to figure out what I wrote in my language and how on earth it became what appears on the page, LOL)
http://lacucinadelgattobianco.blogspot.com/2010/09/la-frutta-come-verdura-pollo-allarancia.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewIn2Disney

Yup - My wedding Limo was the Wienermobile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010 06:08:25 AM »

Wow!  Such a different combination, but it looks delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

empress_deva
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010 06:18:39 AM »

This looks like an interesting dish. We will have to try it soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://devarocks.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/deva5aaron

I feel like a hero and you are my heroine
Do you know that your love is the sweetest sin?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Checking and Tasting the Chicken Curry
How to Make Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry Ingredients
Preparing the Chicken for the Chicken Curry
Browning and Adding Spices to Chopped Onions
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...