A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: STS Community Holiday Appreciation Swap Round 2 (Signup 09/20-10/04; SEND 11/22)  (Read 25405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2010 06:29:04 PM »

I am a big fan of someartfabric.com.  They almost always have Christmas fabric on sale, but I'll bet they have some really great new stuff as well.

I made a nifty pincushion today for my shop, plus I repaired a piece of crocheted lace meant for the back of a chair I thick,  and turned it into a valance for my craft room.  it's awesome!

I hope that everyone is having fun stalking and being all secret-y!  I know I am!  Smiley

BTW, any suggestions for some good sources of xmas fabrics?  i know i missed the july rush, but come on!  there's got to be good stuff somewhere. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2010 03:41:32 AM »

BTW, any suggestions for some good sources of xmas fabrics?  i know i missed the july rush, but come on!  there's got to be good stuff somewhere. 

Hobby Lobby just yesterday announced they will have fabric available online.  Some of it's pretty cute!

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/default.aspx?DepartmentId=7508
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2010 08:22:39 AM »

I need to get started on something for this swap...I'm feeling like a slacker as I've started something for my other 2 swaps and not this one Sad  Hopefully, that will change tonight or tomorrow when I'm off.  I gotta stalk my partner and see if I need any questions answered via my group organizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
calluna
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2010 10:56:25 AM »

No worries, TSM - there's plenty of time! And you've got a lot on your plate at the moment.

Various ideas are brewing here...I made a trial version of one item and it has potential, but still much to be improved upon...It's difficult to communicate with so much that can't be said!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2010 11:16:02 AM »

fabric.com also has a TON of really really cute Christmas fabrics!  (I still need to order our matching/coordinating Christmas fabrics to make a dress for Z, a skirt for me, and ties for M and Q... we're going to be nauseatingly adorable/matchy in our Christmas photo this year... I thinking maybe do a vest for Q instead of a tie, can't decide though)

I am in the pre-planning stages, which means I've only read my partners questionnaire and stalked their wists/links from it... lol.  I have a stack of dresses I am in the processing of making right now, and I need to get Q and Z's Halloween costumes made as well... so I am trying not to overwhelm myself, taking advantage of all the time we have! 

And just a quick note for my partner (if you happen to not be in the US)... Q loveslovesloves Kindereggs (we all have a weakness for them really, but he goes crazy for them, toy+chocolate=happiest child ever) (and I have a weakness for all the different and weird Haribo gummis that you can't really find very easily in the States).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2010 11:27:10 AM »

ZS - I know of an Asian Market (that's what the place is called, originally enough) that has Kindereggs...I can't say whether I am or am not your partner,  Cool but remind me next month (when the weather isn't as likely to melt them) and I'll go buy a bunch and send them to you. You could put a number on each one, line them up on a shelf he can see but not reach, and they could be an instant advent calendar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2010 11:38:05 AM »

Yea, I don't think our local ones carry them, but I should probably check them out to be sure!  And if not I will totally message you about it!  What a good idea for the instant advent calendar (we loved the Lego one we got last year but they are kind of spendy and he got to open one for a birthday countdown last month, so I have been trying to come up with something else, that wouldn't be a lot of work)!
Definitely too hot right now, it's supposed to be 90 here tomorrow, I am very annoyed by this, I was loving wearing jeans and long sleeve tshirts/hoodies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2010 02:16:59 PM »

hold up! i can probably get them as well as tons of haribo for cheap here!
i have a story about kinder eggs actually....
last month i bought 2 eggs so i could have some fun toys to play with at work. i got back, chucked out the choccie cause i don't care for it, and opened up my eggs to find.....
stickers.
i was so bummed i emailed kinder to tell them that stickers are not, by dictionary definition, toys. eventually they got back to me and posted 3 toys (which all rocked). yes, i am a crazy woman! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2010 02:28:19 PM »

Mmm, Kindereggs rock!  Lana and I love them too Santa!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2010 02:42:06 PM »

I'm glad that someone else lives somewhere where Kindereggs are sold. They sell them here and since I counted four people saying that they love them, that could be at least three very disappointed non-partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glory Hole Tips for Glass Blowing
How to Decorate Hand Blown Glass
Basic Pipe Blowing Skills
Tools for Glass Blowing
Glass Blowing Tricks and Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...