A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: STS Community Holiday Appreciation Swap Round 2 (Signup 09/20-10/04; SEND 11/22)  (Read 27176 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wandering...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2010 06:02:22 PM »

Dear Santa,

Please makes sure to pay attention to a young lady named Babs, who sometimes goes by corduroy cat if you're a web user. She's been especially good this year, though she will tell you otherwise. Your pal Krampus will tell you the truth--she's been too good for the coal this time around. Please drop off something fabulous for her.

Thanks!

PS - This isn't my holiday wishlist, just a random request.  Wink
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010 06:03:39 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna

wandering...

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2010 07:44:10 PM »

Dear Santa,

Me again! I have been good this year. With the exception of that one day we both know about--it was a huge mistake, but you know I'm sorry and I learned my lesson.

I would like a little handmade purse/handbag that is suitable for taking to an office workplace but which also shows some personality/originality. I have no purse-y desires more specific than that and am open to anything; I really don't have a thing for bags but I know it's important to have one when I have a job. I have plenty of other varieties of bags already.

Another big wish, to get me back into employment mode, would be an article of clothing that would go over my shirt and cover my upper back and boobs (it gets cold in offices!). A simple shrug, a bolero, a black vest like a few people have received from PW...whatever you can devise to keep those dang nipples from drawing attention to themselves would be most appreciated.   Smiley

I always like fiber batts with sparkly/shiny stuff in them to spin, or several colors; small altered art; stuff from or inspired by my Wists; and sewn, crocheted or knitted items since I can't do those myself (yet). Depictions of animals dressed up as dignified aristocracy always make me squeal. As do homemade sweets. And the stuff I was wishing for in July is here, not to make my wishlist really long but to let you know the kind of stuff I like.  Smiley

Thanks for everything, Santa!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 10:18:51 AM by calluna - Reason: forgot about the homemade sweets, silly me » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010 09:20:39 AM »

Me again! I have been good this year. With the exception of that one day we both know about--it was a huge mistake, but you know I'm sorry and I learned my lesson.

...whatever you can devise to keep those dang nipples from drawing attention to themselves would be most appreciated.   Smiley

LOL & LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2010 04:48:38 PM »

Dearest Santa,

I have been very good part of the year, mostly good most of the year, and truly naughty on only the rarest occasion (instances which I'm sure you agree were quite justified and handled with magnanimous restraint).

I am soooo not looking forward to the cold, cold winter. I would love my first pair of knit socks to keep my feet cozy. My office is cold too, so lightweight fingerless gloves (so I can still type) or a simple shawl would be lovely. Simple silver jewelry to wear to work would also be fab.

Strong perfumy smells give me migraines, but I love when the house smells of baked goods, cinnamon + vanilla, or mulled wine. Mmmmmm.

As you know, I have a *tiny* addiction to spinning fiber. So anything I can send through my wheel would be appreciated.

And my pupcakes have been (mostly) good this year too, and would be happy boys if you wanted to send them any yummy treats or stuffed toys.

And finally Santa, anything with the letters "J" and "M" would be cherished, no matter what the item.

I hope this helps you Santa. And remember- I'll love anything you bring me, regardless as to whether it's on my list.

Love,
freestyle
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 05:30:11 PM by freestyle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010 05:04:15 PM »

Not so much with the letters, this will just be a list:

Ummm. Things that are always good:
fun fibery bits, including non-wool things, that can add texture to felt
wall art
socks! and warm slippers too
sewing notions, like buttons and fun trims
recycled/repurposed things

Themes that are always good:
swamps
cats
DC/Maryland
trees

I am trying to cut down paper use in my apartment, so things that help with that would be great.

My cats would like to be fed ten times a day, but they will settle for some cat toys. Catnip is good, and things that can hold up to gnawing and drooling. Oh, and they each have an assigned pillow to keep them from stealing mine. It would be cool if they had pillowcases (this is for regular bed pillows) personalized for each of them or just with some kind of cat-related decoration, maybe the Chessie cat (C&O railroad logo)?  Mr. Smiley is a big brown tabby, and Kahlua is a super fluffy espresso-black kitty.

I don't really wear jewelry much at all, and already have a plentiful supply of winter mittens/hats/scarves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010 05:46:45 PM »

These letters are making me wish that this swap was the kind where you get to claim people for things you want to make for them.  Aaah!

I am done with 1 thing for my partner and working hard on a second.  I'm trying to get a good start on things because things are going to get really busy, really fast and I want to make sure that my partner is well taken care of.  Smiley

I really need to come up with something really cool that I can make for Lana this year.  Help!!  I'm thinking of trying to make her the tie skirt, but it is going to be hard doing it without letting her see what I'm up to. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2010 07:14:10 AM »

calluna you are too cute!!! *kiss*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2010 07:48:50 AM »

Dear Secret Santa,

Sorry I've been a slacker and haven't posted my list sooner...I'm not use to having a life.  I'm sure this is going to turn into a list not a cute letter like the others.

My new crafty love is spinning so any fiber would be great.  I'm quickly using up my stash that I've hoarded over the last year when my wheel wasn't working.

I realized yesterday that I really need a circular needle holder and a dpn holder.  I got this great pack of needles for super cheap and they are all unorganized and a mess.  It's weird though the dpn's are 15 inches long...so their holder would have to be bigger than normal dpn's.  Why would they make needles that long?  They're crazy long! 

Anyways...my new non-crafty love is Roller Derby.  I'm currently trying out for a team (the test is in 24 days and I'm freaking out!!).  So anything derby related would be great.  I really would love another skirt like this: http://wickedskatewear.com/classicderbyskirt.aspx  I already have one in black so some other color or pattern would be awesome!

Um...then the stuff I always ask for in swaps...A Cat Walking Jacket - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=245803.msg2719102#msg2719102
I have 6 crazy cats and I always want one of them to come out to the mailbox with me to check the mail..haha..maybe if I had some kind of harness so they won't escape.

I always ask for a small gym bag...really just a simple drawstring bag.  Just big enough to carry my biking shoes and a water bottle to the gym.

Okay enough for me...but anything from my wists or any supplies I could use would be great too Smiley

Thanks so much in advance, Secret Santa!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2010 01:59:10 PM »

I hope that everyone is having fun stalking and being all secret-y!  I know I am!  Smiley

BTW, any suggestions for some good sources of xmas fabrics?  i know i missed the july rush, but come on!  there's got to be good stuff somewhere. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2010 06:26:21 PM »

I buy tons of stuff from www.hancocks-paducah.com  Check out their 2.98, 3.98, 4.98, 5.98 sale fabrics Smiley  Great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Tweaking Your Wardrobe For A Quick Fall Fashion Update
Back to School Lookbook
Outfit Ideas and Beauty Looks to Try This Fall
Nikki Pennie Reveals Her Must-Have Jeans
Top 5 Fall Denim Trends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...