A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Housewarming party / stock the bar - need help with invites  (Read 1189 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LTR450GirlOrl
« on: September 18, 2010 03:03:02 PM »

I'm having a creativity block and could really use some help! My boyfriend and I bought a house in May and have just now got to the point that we can have a housewarming party. We don't really need anything for the house so we're going to have a "stock the bar" type party. The problem is I cant seem to find a cute way to word the invites without sounding like I want people to bring booze, lol. I'm trying to come up with something that gets accross how excited we are to have everyone come out and see the new place and if they want to bring a gift then they can help us stock the bar. Nothing seems to come out sounding right, lol ... please help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.

http://i31.tinypic.com/14uja81.gif
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010 10:59:32 PM »

I think it's OK for you to be direct in asking, but just emphasize that it's not a requirement for coming.  The thing is, you'll be far more likely to get booze if you give booze.  So if you explain that you'll be making cocktails for everybody and you've got grenadine and soda and lime juice and ice, but no alcohol, then do a cute *wink, wink* thing or something, I think people would be more then welcome to help stock it up.  You won't have as much alcohol per bottle, but I think you'll get a lot more bottles if you're willing to share.  Or if you don't want to be direct, but your friends would appreciate some tongue-in-cheek sass, then you could say something like, "No gifts necessary, but if you insist, our house is registered at the local liquor store."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Blue Plasticine
How to Make a Realistic Fake Beard
How to Make a Two Colored Bow
How to Make a Gift Personal
How to Tie Bows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...