A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Peace Love and Happy Quilt  (Read 3517 times)
Tags for this thread: lap_quilt , peace  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 18, 2010 01:43:46 PM »

I made this for a swap. She loved the 60's, tye-dye, peace etc....

I made one of the peace signs with shells that I put a tiny blue glass seed bead onto and then one with buttons, there is rickrack, and even yoyo's what do you think?

I am pretty happy with it but hope she loves it Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010 01:53:22 PM »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Geez I hope that is for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010 02:03:28 PM »

love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
babalina58

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010 02:11:10 PM »

Shocked Love your new name is Naughty Nelly Peek-a-roo Wink ...I so did not think you would see this before you received...Man I should not post pics until after but I was excited and my poor bloody finger ( I kept poking myself with a pin LOL) I was so happy about it and really know it will be at home in your home Smiley Oh and turn on the black light lady..I was told the special thread I got would glow under one  Undecided Hope so but yes NNP it is yours  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010 02:55:05 PM »

LMAO I live on this site, so remember that. he he he, just can't stop laughing at your last pm. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010 03:17:19 PM »

It's absolutely amazing, Babalina! I love all the different types of beads and other knick-knacks you incorporated into this Smiley Did you tie-dye the fabrics yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
SMLounsbury
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010 05:20:46 PM »

The fabrics are so perfect for this theme.  Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leashhh
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010 07:27:33 PM »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Geez I hope that is for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

MEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010 07:28:10 PM by leashhh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010 07:37:12 PM »

The one that is the borders and the one circle in the peace sign I did a long time ago and forgot I still had some...I went to make a diff. one I marbled some fabric for and was warned about something when I did it so I changed it and went through old stash and BAM it screamed I NEED TO BE IN THE QUILT and the rest I had and got just for this one...

the shells I get from a local Autistic man here who is a beach comber and makes stuff with them. He sells his stuff when you can find him...I chased him down the beach for about a mile and a 1/2 to get to him and he agreed to meet and he would make a bunch and bring to me..He uses only found items and I love that...he makes necklaces with them and bracelets but I opted to use them here....He also plays music on the side of the road by the shrimp boats to send them out on good journey and safe return everyday and says prayers for all the fleet...he is a cool odd hippy bird so he had to be in this!!
He is such a loved old bird by my whole beach community..

He sends all boats out and will be there when they get back too. It is like he knows their schedule..The saddest thing one of our scallop boats went down and the crew was lost he laid and wept for days on her dock as if he lost his only friends but he is so part of the boats that he knows and loves all the crews...He is said in the area to be the only man to truly love the boats that said sail to feed us...He paces if they are late on the return and will wait on the dock until they do and when one does not or loosed a crew member  Cry he is Autistic and knows everyone who is on every boat and times etc...it is amazing to see...he does love our town.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010 07:44:31 PM »

Such a wonderful story and this quilt will have such good vibrations, as my friend told me tonight, that my house does, so it will fit in well. I have to say I love all the back story. I can't wait to see it in the gallery, because this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

I told my bff tonight about where my quilt was going and she is go happy that I got such a great partner in this swap that appreciates what love goes into my crafts. This is the best, absolutely. M you rock my world. And thanks for the story. Make sure the shell man understands how much I love this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Cat Eyes in Makeup
How to Do a Cat Makeup Face
Handmade Portraits: Black-Eyed Suzie
Handmade Portraits: Mabel Pike
How to Make a Cocktail Umbrella Lantern
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...