A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween themed dog toys  (Read 832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mully
« on: September 17, 2010 01:18:11 PM »

These are dog toys, but we had some humans play with them too!

This is edited down from our blog.

One of the most fun times of the year is right around the corner, Halloween. Last year, we here at Lyonesque, made Baron von Bacon the star of the show with a Mummy Bacon, Count Baconula, and Baron Von Bacons Monster.

The Halloween series of dog toys was such a hit, we continued to make Count Baconula and Baron Von Bacons monster through out the year (you can buy them today!); the Mummy was a little too labor intensive to be a continuing toy.

I even had some fun making a little Baron Von Bacon and Monster movie set, it really set the mood for the season.

......Well that was last year....

After recently reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks, we have zombie on the brains (pun definitely intended). With the Halloween season coming up, weve decided on this years Halloween dog toy themeif you havent guessed already:

Zombies.

EEK!

Sorry, I got scarred there for a second.

Last year Baron Von Bacon took the helm of classic movie monsters, however, this year many of the Lyonesque players will have a small role. Like Eddie the Eggplant, and T-bone, and of course Baron Von Bacon.

First up, Zombie Eddy the Eggplant

oooh...spooky.

During the zombie outbreak, Eddie the Eggplant only recently turned into the walking dead. Eddie fought pretty hard to stay alive: he stayed away from big cities, hid up in the trees at night time, and often used his now famous decapitation maneuver: the New Jersey Windmill . It wasnt until he encounter his adopted brother, a fried egg, that Eddie, didnt want to fight anymore

Here is Eddie, pre-outbreak, posing in front of his favorite spot.

Second entry in our Zombie themed Halloween Toys: Candi Apple

The death of zombie Candi Apple.

At the beginning it was hard for Zombie Candi to eat humans, however, she had the bright idea of hiding in a apple bobbing tub; as the humans bobbed for apples, Candi would bite back! She found this to be quite usefulonce, and only once; as Zombie Candi bit her first victim, someone acted fast, ramming a wooded stick through her brain killing her instantly. Some say, at the moment of her death, she looked just like a candied apple.

There is no pre-outbreak picture of Candi, but her twin sister Maggie looked like this:

Continuing our Zombie Halloween catalog: Zombie Carl.

Carl has been a zombie for a while. Some believe he was a big cause of the Z(ombie) pandemic soon after the first epidemic. Carl was just chilling out in the refrigerator, keeping it raw, when all of a sudden the fast food joint was over run by zombies. Carl was mistaken for a human and bit by a zombie, after the zombies cleared out, a hungry human stumble on Carl. He was quickly fried and almost consumedI mean, come on, would you eat him?

Country Fried Carl should have looked like this after the fryer:

Ahh, all nice looking on a bed of Mums.

Fourth up in our Zombie dog toy horde: Zombie Owl.

Pray you are not his PREY!

Cute, silent and bloody. Finally a zombie with night-vision and flight capabilitiesthe ultimate hunter. If I had only three words to describe him, they would be: deadly, powerhouse, and raptor. This guy is the tomahawk missile of the zombie-land. You aint takin this guy down with no blunt instrumentId go nuclear!

Here is a similar owl:

Zombie OWLS?!!?!?

...enough of that!

Next: Zombie Egg.

Ma'am, I ordered my egg over-medium, not Zombie.

This is the guy, zombie rather, that Eddy could not kill. Zombie Egg, or Fried Egg as he was called pre-outbreak, was Eddy the Eggplants adopted kid-brother (as we know, Eddie was raised by eggs and not by his Eggplant parents in the New Jersey slum eggplant projects). Little is known how Fried egg turned into a zombie, but only that he took down a hero to the few survivors who are left.

Fried Egg on better days.

That's all were up to now, we have about 3 or 4 more dog toys coming up...be on the lookout!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010 03:37:17 PM by Mully » THIS ROCKS   Logged
devilxkat
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010 01:54:43 PM »

Hah, what a funny post! I don't have a puppy, but I think your toys are great. I like the backstory too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Uglykids
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010 03:31:19 PM »

I LOVE THESE SOOOOO MUCH! Cheesy I would love to get these for my mom's dogs but they will turn them to scrap in second, maybe I should just get them for myself Grin anyway these are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mully
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010 07:38:51 AM »

A new Zombie Halloween dog toy roll out marathon: Zombie T-bone.

Bleeding eyes and everything. T-bone was Baron Von Bacons number one henchmenhenchmanhis right-hand man. Waiting at the train station to visit his niece, T-bone impatiently read a book when his train arrived about at 9:25pm, an hour late. As the train came into the station, everyone lined up to get on, T-bone was first in line, but it stopped about 100 feet short of the platform. Everyone wondered if there was some mechanical malfunction holding up their departure. It was too dark to see the conductors face. Suddenly after a few minutes with no movement the train door alarm went off and spilled out more than 200 of the undead ghouls. T-bone sprang into action. He ran at the horde and faced them all head on. T-bone saved all those people but was bit in the process. As a zombie, he hunted down every last one of those survivors who did not help.  Never cross a zombie T-bone.

T-bone one minute prior to his daring heroics:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010 07:39:46 AM by Mully » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mully
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010 03:36:49 PM »

Zombie-a-day 7?!?!? Lyonesque never clocks out. Were pulling out all the stops. Zombie Ron is our latest Halloween themed dog toy.

Unfortunately, the camera man did not survive.

Ron the Candy Corn was a typical shut in for the majority of the year, this would have been a benefit for a survivor, however one of the few nights Ron ventured out was Halloween night, the beginning of the zombie outbreak! No one knows who, or what started the outbreak, but Ron was one of the first victims.

How many more zombies brain-craving zombie do toys can we possibly have?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pooris Doe
Chicken in Tikka Masala Sauce Recipe
How to Make Pooris Bread
Chicken Curry Sauce Recipe
What Is Chutney
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...