A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
825 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T-SHIRT SWAP (sign up: CLOSED ; mail 4/2 & 4/23  (Read 5687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

abricot
« on: March 10, 2004 12:17:56 PM »

-----------------------------------------------------
Signups for Round 1 of the T-Shirt swap is now closed... Keep your eye out for the start of round 2, if you are interested in joining later... Grin
-----------------------------------------------------

I love unique t-shirts and what I love even more is the ideas/designs other folks can come up with.. So I figured a T-Shirt exchange would be a fun thing to try....

Basically it'd work like this... You buy (or find in your closet) a blank shirt in your size, you mail it off to whom will be doing your shirt... They embellish, stencil, screen, embroider, or do whatever to your shirt, then mail it back to you. You will also be getting someone's shirt in the mail that you will decorate and mail back to the sender.... I thought this would be the best way to do things, since then you'd be guaranteed that your shirt will fit ya....

To keep things under control, I am limiting this exchange to 15 members. If this works out well, I will start another shortly after this exchange ends... So don't panic if you miss out this time....

If interested please PM me with the following:

Craftster screen name:
Gender: (ok, sometimes it is hard to tell a gender from a name and we do not want a male getting a girly shirt, now do we?)
Mailing Address:
Email:
Please note anything you'd hate on the shirt: (for instance if you absolutely can not stand flowers, then state such)

I'd love for this to be open to all parts of the world... My only issue is it may slow things down for those waiting for a shirt and waiting for their finished shirt... If you don't mind shipping outside of the US or sending your shirt to be designed by someone outside of the US, then please let me know... I will definately try though to keep mailings within the individual regions, if at all possible...

Please note that I am accepting the 15 members on a first come first PM basis, meaning do not post here if you are interested, PM me immediately so you can be assured a spot...

If you are under the age of 18 you must PM me before submitting your info telling me you are a minor and you MUST have a parent contact me within 3 days of me sending my reply with info on how the parent should contact me. To keep things moving, I am limiting to the time to receive the parental OK to 3 days. If I do not receive the OK in 3 days, I will pass on to the next applicant.

----------------------------------------------

General Rules and Guidelines:

On your shirt you want decorated:
1. Be sure to select a shirt that fits well, since after all this will be your shirt!
2. Get a shirt that is 50/50 or 100% cotton, any other fibers may severely limit what your recipient can do with the shirt.
3. I will be contacting your designer with your info, but it is a good idea to still safety pin a note with your info on the shirt, before sending.

On decorating your recipients shirt:
1. If you will be "altering" the shirt be sure not to change the size.
2. Use a method that you know well, as not to mess up the shirt.
3. When sending the shirt back, if you have any specific care notes, remember to include a note with such information.

You are welcome to send your designer to use any style of top you'd like, you are not limited to just send a typical t-shirt.... As a designer you are welcome to use whatever method you can think of to decorate the shirt just keep in mind ease of washing and the longevity of whatever you will be doing....

Deadlines:

Sign up deadline is Friday 3/26/04 - Obviously sign ups will close if we receive the maximum number of members prior to the closing date....
Monday 3/29/04 - You will receive your info on who you will be sending your shirt to and who you will be receiving their shirt to decorate.
Friday 4/2/04 - Is the deadline to mail your shirt out TO BE decorated.
Friday 4/23/04 - Is the deadline to mail out the shirt that YOU decorated.

Note: I cut the getting the info and sending your blank shirt off dates close because, I figured it would not be that hard to come up with a shirt to send...

Some info on shipping: After spending forever to figure out how much a shirt would weigh... Putting a shirt in a large envelope and mailing first class will cost $2 - $3... It'd also take around 3 days for the shirt to get to it's location (if mailing within the continental US)....

Phew! I think that is it... If you have any questions or suggestions post here or contact me by PM or email thekilltoy@yahoo.com.....

« Last Edit: March 30, 2004 05:01:54 PM by Lia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
abricot
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004 12:24:13 PM »

I forgot to include that I will be in this thing... So the grand totaly of people will be 16 when including myself....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
Goddess
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004 11:18:44 PM »

cool idea! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagheraa

I'm not a llama! (I am a black leopard)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004 06:11:28 AM »

REALLY a great idea!! Sounds fun Smiley I have hesitated in joining the other swaps because I'm not a very experienced crafter, but this sound like something even I can manage.
But sadly I'm in the middle of moving right now, so I'll have to wait for the next one... Cry

-bag-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bagheraa is on Ravelry Wink
Kar-UH
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004 12:57:15 PM »

I think that is a great idea! I would really like to do it but I know that I cant sign up for it this time, I have way too much on my plate as it is. But next time for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yami mcmoots
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004 10:02:24 PM »

(ok, sometimes it is hard to tell a gender from a name and we do not want a male getting a girly shirt, now do we?)

Yes we do! Boys look cute in pink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004 10:15:07 PM »

Yes we do! Boys look cute in pink!

oh, yes!  *licks lips*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abricot
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004 04:13:56 PM »

Just a note to say that we still have space if anyone else is interested in a T swap...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dewey

A true friend stabs you in the front - O. Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004 07:29:22 PM »

I'd love to swap

Switching our own tees is a great idea no huge tops hooray
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlnamedema
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004 01:56:57 PM »

i missed the sign up.. darn. perhaps we can have another one when this one is finished? i'd love to sign up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the hottest ugly chick in the world.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Monkey Mask
How to Make a Frog Mask
How to Make Chinese Opera Masks
How to Make a Bird Mask
How to Make a Batman Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...