I recently made this Banoffee cake and it was wonderful! I was amazed at how easy those are to make (no cooking involved!), so I thought I'd share the recipe with you all.
A medium sized spring form cake tin
A plastic bag
A rolling pin
Four tablespoons of unsalter butter, room temperature
A package of chocolate chip cookies
Two or three banana's
Two small cans of condensed milk
Sweetened whipped cream
- First put the cans of condensed milk in a large pan full of boiling water off at least three hours. Check and refill the pan with water if necessary.
- After a few hours, take the cans out and let them cool. Open carefully.
- You will discover that the milk has magically transformed into thick, delicious, gooey caramel fudge. Taste some, taste some more and them put it away to prevent yourself from eating all of it.
- Put all of the cookies into a plastic bag and crush them with the rolling pin. Keep on crushing them until you only have tiny, tiny crumbs left.
- Take crumbs out and put them in a bowl. Mix the cookiecrubs with the soft butter and knead it with your hands until it forms a nice ball.
- Put the ball into the spring form and press down. Spread it out evenly on the bottom of the form - now you have a chocolate cookie crumb crust!
- Now slice the banana's lenghtwise and arrange them on the crust, so that you have a layer of banana.
- Then take your caramel fudge, and spread it evenly on the banana layer. Lick remaining fugde off your spoon. Decide that you should spread the stuff even more evenly and lick remaining fudge of spoon again. Repeat untill boyfriend comes into kitchen and tells you to stop
- Finally, top your cake with sweetened whipped cream and a bit of cocoa powder.
- Put your cake in the fridge for about two hours, this will make the crumb crust nice and firm.
- After this, you're ready to eat!
Only for those with a really sweet tooth!