A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's Scavenger Hunt GALLERY OF GOODNESS  (Read 3385 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010 02:48:10 PM »

I received a WONDERFUL package last week from the lovely and talented zombiecazz and only just posting it all now...

The parcel arrives and B & G are NOT impressed that I made them have a pic taken before they ripped into it!!!

Firstly some pictures done by Kelsie - Bix was seriously impressed that she knew he liked Moshi monsters (even though he  helped fill out the questionnaire) and Gigi loved the cat - both of these now up in frames in their bedrooms

Something to Cuddle - a pair of sock monkeys!  This was my first experience of seeing a real "live" sock moneky, and allthough I maintain that I don't really like dolls and plushies and stuff - I have to say, I'm absolutely addicted to these now, FAB colours and B & G both LOVE them!!

Something to read was two fab books, which I didn't get pictures of and they've taken them to their dads house - Bix got a science book and Gigi got a Nemo book with CD

Something food related - a homemade cupcake recipe book, measuring cups, baking cups and aprons for both of them.  We LOVE baking, so this was absolutely fab for us.

Something long - a crocheted snake for Bix.  I'm am COMPLETELY in awe of anyone who can crochet, especially something as amazing as this - RESPECT to you Cazz, he's awesome!  (I found B with the snake wrapped round his neck after he'd fallen asleep!!)

Something warm - WONDERFUL crocheted slippers for G - again she loves them and I've had to stop her from trying to sneak out of the house in them - they fit perfectly!!!  (oh and the sock monkey sneaked into the pic again!)

now I get a bit conufsed, because stupidly I didn't keep a track of which label was attached to which thing - but two beautiful upcycled cushions, one for each with their favourite sayings on them - I think this was something G

and finally - a trick or treat bag for each of them to take out, this will be the first year they go trick or treating and are SOOOO excited about it - so these were just perfect.  Bix's has a mummy on it, and Gigi's has a cat on it - both absolutely great.

Oh NO - I forgot, there was a surprise for me too!!!!  A super warm and snuggly hat - that actually FITS (I have a very big head and have a nightmare with hats) - LOVE THIS to pieces

This has been a wonderful swap, the kids loved everything they got and I thoroughly enjoyed making everything - thank you Cazz for being an SUPERSONIC partner!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010 03:51:29 PM »

What fab photos. It great to see them with their goodies. I love that the kids like their stuff. I hope they had fun trick or treating and their bags got well used.
Chuffed to bits that the slippers and hat fit and that Bix loves his snake. I had my fingers crossed that he didn't have a phobia about them.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010 04:40:56 PM »

I love that he's punching the snake!  Awesome!  All those goodies are Fab!  supertacular!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010 04:59:15 PM »

Those are some awesome goodies! I love those slippers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
jesa
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010 08:11:50 PM »

my package was received last Monday but I haven't heard from my partner so I'm assuming everything is ok but I will post pics anyways since I took them before I sent. here is my list:

1. something food related: organic honey sticks from my local farmer's market
2. something green: a green boat for #3 to sail around in
3. something to hug or snuggle: a sock-ta-pus
4. something warm: a love collage
5. something "G": goldfish for the sock-ta-pus to eat
6. something to read: a Dr. Suess book about summer/the beach
7. something long: a ribbon "wand" I found on her wist list (didn't get a great pic of this)
8. something by child: Indie painted him a beautiful ocean scene (I didn't get a pic of this Sad  )

here are the photos:

most of the stuff together, the ribbon wand is at the bottom and the fishing pole the goldfish is hanging off of:

love/heart pic made from recycled medicine tops I get from my job as an ER nurse:

another group shot:

close up of the sock-ta-pus:

close up of the fish, I made a fishing pole with a snap on the end and put snaps on the mouths of the three fish I made so they can be swapped out, attached, and detached as desired:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010 01:50:59 PM »

All of you ladies made some really awesome things! I love how differently we interpret the categories...Lots of ideas that I'm going to have to try out on my little one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcook72677
I fink you freeky

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010 03:44:17 PM »

That sock monkey is adorable! How did you find time to make all of that amazing stuff?!?!
I have to admit that I did not make the sock monkey I just altered him.  I was lucky to find him at an antique shop for $6, added the bandana, eyepatch and peg leg to make a really cool pirate sock monkey.  Someone suggested making him a parrot to perch on his shoulder I just didn't have the time Sad

Everyone's children are so cute!!  All of the packages are very fun and lovely.

Everyone should have feedback except for Slingmomma and myself.  I had to give a "temporary" negative to a possible flaker.  If I don't hear from her by tomorrow I am going to be on the look out for an angel.  Is anyone that participated in this interested in angeling if needed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade and vintage goodness!
www.gibsgoods.etsy. com
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010 08:11:45 PM »

Sorry for being a slacker on posting pics!  Levi LOVED his package.  He was amazed when the GIANT box showed up at our door.

Here he is ribbon dancing in the front yard:

Holding up the painting:

I hung this to the wall at the foot of his bed, its just the right size to fit there and is super cute - I love kid art work!

What are these things you used to make this?  Its very cool.  I hung this one in our bathroom above Levi's towel hook, he is short so its down low and there was a big space above it, now its filled in with art.

And everything else:

This stuff is great for him to play using his imagination - he had some whole story going about fishing and a whale came and a fish ate the whale, and the octopus drove the boat... it was pretty elaborate!  Then he got into the box everything was shipped in and went fishing while hiding in the box. 
The octopus sock creature is super cute and squishy, Levi has been using it as a pillow.

Hiding in the box:

Thank you for such a great package, Levi is really enjoying everything!  I hope we do another round of this, it was so much fun!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010 08:16:16 PM »

Oh and in the ribbon dancing pic he is also holding the honey sticks - he and I were both excited to see a food item in a package that he can actually eat!  He is allergic to everything, but actually has to take honey as a supplement (its good for his immune system)
I ate the red one (just in-case it was strawberry), but the rest I traded halloween candy for with him at the various halloween events we went to.  Honey sticks made him very happy, he didnt have to be left out on the sweets. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clumsy_momma
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010 02:52:42 PM »

So, we recieved today from dragonslair and Sky was very excited!

Forgive me if I don't have the categories correct:

Something long -
A reversable apron that she is still wearing

Something 'G' -
A froggy spong for bath time

Something green-
Green playdough that she made

Something food related-
A little snack bag with some chocolates in it

Something to read-
A Bratz coloring book

Something warm-
A crocheted hat

Something to hug or snuggle:
A cute tiny little bear

And then a little princess necklace where you can change the faces with several different princess options.
Not a good picture of it, but I hadto post because of her face!

Thank you dragonslair
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 2/8
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 7/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 8/28
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...