A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Medusa Mask, Perseus' Sword, Hera's Sandle Pendant and Greek Mythology stakes!  (Read 2205 times)
Tags for this thread: mask  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 13, 2010 07:28:14 PM »

A couple things I sent my partner for the Greek Mythology swap... TOTALLY stealing some of her pics Smiley

First a Medusa mask, made out of Papier-mâché and paint, mardigras beads, paper, light rock crystals, and brass wire for her nose and eyebrow "piercings"

The first pic is hers, then a pic with my boyfriend modeling it and then a close up pic with me modeling it. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality of the 2nd two pics, this was before I got my new camera.

Next, my vision of Perseus' Sword
Its a painted toy sword with a fake greek coin on each side. Where its stamped made in china on the other side, I crossed out china and wrote Olympus. because I'm a dork like that.

The other two things I made for her are these ATC's on a stick... cardboard, paint, bits and bobbles, fabric glued to painted chopsticks, I think these would be great for fake flower arrangements, additions to gardens, etc. Have no idea what they'll be used for though... I'd probably put them in my hair because I'm weird. Or in the extra spaces in my toothbrush holder or in a pencil cup... I'm sure she'll find a use for them.

And finally I found one of those little sandal keychains so I decided to paint it as Hera's Golden Sandal, which is a common symbol for her. I'm not listing it on the jewelry board because A., I don't want to make a whole post for it, and B., I didn't know what kind of necklace my partner liked so I just put it on a purple ribbon and sent it like it is. I actually included black cord with findings too... She listed purple and black as her fav colors so I thought I'd include both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aisy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010 07:50:14 PM »

so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mumma troll

Happiness is the harvest of a quiet eye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010 04:57:06 AM »

I really love the necklace.  I love anything clash of the titans.  Your swap partner must have been really pleased. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Auto-Win Blackjack Table
How to Play Baccarat
Basketball Handicapping Bets Tips
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...