A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
814 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Head Start Art Journal Swap Gallery  (Read 8167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010 07:30:22 PM »

Wow, 3-D journalling. That's taking it to whole new - er - dimensions. Grin I love all this great stuff piling up in the gallery this week! And more to come...

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

meccaleccahi- meccahineyho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010 08:22:19 PM »

here's my awesome book from spunkybubbles!!!
first of all she took an old book (of the Nancy Drewish variety) and rebound it! I missed taking a pic of the binding. She actually sewed up her sigs (machine??) with fabric! really ingenious. the little graphic was on the book but then she embellished with swirls (my fave) and the word 'inspire'...which it will!

my extras! watercolor pencils!!!! i love these.

a few of my favorite pages. sketches like these are all through the book! she also made a lot of blank "corner framed" pages which i really like. i can take the page out and design it the put it back in without ruining the other pages!

thanks again spunkybubbles! i really enjoyed this swap and have all ready started filling my book up!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2010 11:00:00 AM »

All of the journals are so different and awesome! Kartiana- I love how you started your journal  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010 06:37:58 PM »

Spunkybubbles - cool journal! Love the up-cycling of the journal and the embellishments.
I'm curious about your binding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010 11:33:48 PM »

I received my Journal from Pogo today! well technically it arrived yesterday but I got home after my Mom had gone to bed so I had no idea it was there Tongue
Warning: This journal is crazy-cool and you extreme jealousy may ensue when you see what a great job my amazing partner did!

Front cover, extras (silver Sharpie paint marker that writes on EVERYTHING!, glue stick (how did you know my last gluestick dried up?), and the cool silver and black flocked wrapping paper my journal came in:

Here are a few of my favorite pages (it was hard to choose - Pogo did an incredible job with my themes!)

Cool fashion collage bordered page:

The left page is this really cool handmade paper that Pogo's teacher made, and on the right side there is a Graffiti collage:

Neat fashion illustration cutout and page that is (correct me if I'm wrong!) painted with acrylic paint in a cool assymetric pattern.

There are many more amazing pages - I am so in awe of Pogo's work here!  The stitching is also really good!
Thank you thank you thank you Pogo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010 02:00:56 AM »

I have been looking through this gallery..turning a delicate shade of green with envy..all of the journals are awesome!! I had wanted to sign up for this swap but was seriously pressed for time and so I didn't..boy do I regret it now...I am so in for round two if it happens..

Wulf..that is an amazing journal your swap partner is one lucky woman, but then the same is true of you all. there isn't one journal on here that doesn't take my breath away!

and if it isn't all brilliant. spunkybubbles used a paper that features my (not so common) surname

cool!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 02:02:33 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2010 08:30:13 AM »

My life has kinda spiraled out of control the past week or so... DS #2 in residential, and spent all day yesterday at the ER to get DS#1 into crisis. Haven't posted pictures because of life, not because I don't LOVE my journal.
If you took pictures before you mailed, please feel free to post.
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2010 07:01:29 PM »

Glad you received it and liked it Ninja_Poo!
I'd love to see whatever you do with the watercolor pages! Hope you have fun!!  Cheesy

Neat fashion illustration cutout and page that is (correct me if I'm wrong!) painted with acrylic paint in a cool assymetric pattern.
And you are right, it is paste paper with acrylic paints.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2010 06:38:50 AM »

Loving this gallery.
I've been thinking about round two - can't decide if it should be after Christmas? Probably huh?
I think next time I'd like to do it a little differently - tell me if this is crazy.
Everybody gets 5 partners - you make 5 signatures, send them out to five different people. You get five signatures in return, you bind them into a book yourself. Shipping wouldn't be too bad as you're only sending a few sheets of paper, nothing heavy... size would have to be standard across the board.
Though, this is really premature for me as I haven't even started into Wulf's journal yet. I've got three more pages in my old journal before I told myself I can start my new one. Smiley

If I owe you feedback and you're waiting do send me a reminder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2010 07:43:24 AM »

I love the idea of a set of signatures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create French Braid / Gotham Braid
How to Curl Your Hair With Straightening Iron
Hair How To: Hair Jewellery
How to Do a Crazy Hairstyle
How to Get Disco Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...