A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,996
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gothic/Psychobilly Goddess dress  (Read 8324 times)
Tags for this thread: psychobilly , plus_size , gothic , spider  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lillibet
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010 01:27:37 PM »

Yes, and as a less-curvaceous (ie: flat) woman, if I tried to wear this dress, I would look like, well, an ironing board  Roll Eyes and you look fantastic! I think the style really suits you, and the fabric, well...wow. I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pazuzuspetals

I look like VENUS...........of willendorf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010 06:37:20 PM »

O Psycho Sue, I love you so!!!
I just want to say "thank you."  I love the style of clothes you make, you always look so awesome in them.
I am a size 18-20 and I look like the Venus of Willendorf (seriously..look it up..that's me!)
I too have a serious bone to pick with whoever designs "Plus sized" clothes..everything from the design to the use of fabrics. I guess a larger woman NEVER wants anything in silk, or cotton, or linen? Because i just LOVE being stuffed into something polyester in the middle of summer!!! Or better yet! Take that polyester and then make the BIGGEST, MOST OBNOXIOUS PRINT in a color that is not even a part of the season...because my (now) sweaty azz loves looking like a giant bowl of ORANGE salad!!!
Sorry about the rant, but I admire and respect that you make clothes that flatter you and I aspire to do the same.
Much love
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hummingbird once pooped on my cat out of pure spite, I swear.
reese299
yep, its like that

a little of column A, and a little of column B...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010 06:49:35 PM »

This is freaking fantastic!!!!  Love everything about it.  Halloween is great with all the fab skull, spider webs, etc on everything-the novelty fabric is wonderful.  I'm like a kid in a candy store. Grin

Regarding "plus size"-yep, its a dumb term. I like the idea of "juniors" and "womens".  Junior size is typically sized for a slighter frame, whereas womens is usually more forgiving for those of us with curves, whether a size 10 or 20.   My biggest issue is the way the clothing is cut-often it is just a case of the manufacturer making everything bigger, instead of adding darts in the right places, or adjusting the length to accommodate bigger boobs and butts.  And forget about it being flattering! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Whenever I draw a circle, I immediately want to step out of it." -r.b.fuller
Airsucker
Crafty Gamer Chick

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010 07:32:01 PM »

Awesome!

I like the term zaftig. Its fun to say. Its all fierce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010 12:31:10 AM »

OMG!! I just LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
TeenageRebelOfTheWeek
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010 02:23:41 AM »

OOOOH. I love it! Smiley That dress is amazing. Smiley

And yeah, I get the whole 'plus size' thing. Since when did that term become acceptable?! Women who have real curves should be celebrated and envyed.

PsychoSue - you, my dear, are a legend. Smiley -x-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's all there is and there ain't no more....
I craft, therefore I am.

My band: www.lechatnoir.org.uk
My work: www.outerlimitz.net
Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010 04:54:07 AM »

every single one of you; i love yinz all as my sisters!  Kiss

Wink i really like all of the things you have been saying and everyone has been very candid about how the term makes them feel! i hope things start to change soon, this weds is the very first extended size runway show at fashion week in new york. our voices are getting stronger and stronger everyday!
so true about the fitting issues as well! i learned from making my own clothes how much fit can flatter a woman who DOESNT have the perfect curves. i learned about darts and how they give the shape to a garment and create a silhouette, a waistline or hips;  the "woman" sizes need to embrace the curves of our hips instead of hiding them under yards of fabric!

my dream would be to make a PROJECT RUNWAY for REAL WOMEN. Not size zero models, and i bet i could crown in it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angel3rd
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010 08:05:22 AM »

Omgoodness lovwe the dress and the convo:) I agree. I am... meaty but i have a huge butt and long super thick hair and I always got comment about... well just rude comments... And for ladies out there who are pear shaped, go look at the gods and godesses of egyptian times they are all pear shaped. and to have that pear shape back then was like a sign from god! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antsy
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010 08:19:38 AM »

omg you say yinz too! I've never met anyone not from south eastern Missouri who says that.

anywho,
great dress, is there anywhere special you're gonna wear it, or is it more of a just because dress?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010 09:06:14 AM »

And for ladies out there who are pear shaped, go look at the gods and godesses of egyptian times they are all pear shaped. and to have that pear shape back then was like a sign from god! Smiley

(angel voices )"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" true dat SISTA!

omg you say yinz too! I've never met anyone not from south eastern Missouri who says that.
anywho,
great dress, is there anywhere special you're gonna wear it, or is it more of a just because dress?

hehe i grew up in pittsburgh and we all say it there  Cool
I am going to be wearing it during my gigs I play with my band, Backseat Betties http://www.thebackseatbetties.com/
the stage lights should be so great with the glitter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chuck Hogan Talks About The Town
Meet Author Annabel Karmel
Elizabeth Scott Talks About The Unwritten Rule
Mickey Leigh and Legs McNeil Talk About I Slept with Joey Ramone
Ryan Brown Talks About Play Dead
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...