A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boy Beanie  (Read 1474 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fadedpink
« on: September 12, 2010 06:54:17 PM »

I made my boy a beanie! Well, technically I made him two. The green one was a test because his head is slightly larger than what the pattern was for, so I had to alter it a little bit. Basically I just added an extra row of increasing. Turns out he likes it better than the black one (which has the different color stripe the pattern included) because it fits better. I didn't write down how I increased the extra row so I did the black one a little differently. But he likes them and that's all that matters!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brookie5686
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010 07:33:43 PM »

Too cute.  It's also great when your partner models and appreciates your work.  I'm working on a blanket for my partner, it's been nearly a year since I started, but he is very understanding.  Even encouraging me to take a crocheting class.  Your beanies are fab! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thanks for inspiring me!

~~~~~~~~~Current Swaps~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Swap Round 3 - Waiting for Partners
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010 02:15:04 PM »

Oh how I miss making beanies. It's too hot to even think about it at this point. I hope it gets cooler. I love the black and silver looking one, and by the looks of it, so does your boy. I want to bust out all of my stash and take inventory... your beanies are giving me that itch I can't scratch till I make a beanie! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fadedpink
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010 09:42:48 PM »

It's super hot here too (Florida)! But I'm making them knowing that soon it will get cold. Plus, he really likes them and that makes me happy. I say start your beanies that way when it does get cold you'll have something to wear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010 12:58:43 AM »

It's super hot here too (Florida)! But I'm making them knowing that soon it will get cold. Plus, he really likes them and that makes me happy. I say start your beanies that way when it does get cold you'll have something to wear!

Another great idea from you Fadedpink! Then when I have excess of beanies, I can give some away. Genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heffiecupcake
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010 08:24:19 AM »

hey. i'm making this beanie for a friend and he has a bigger head than the pattern entails, also. he measured it to be about 25 inches around. i was wondering where you put the increase row and how many stitches it is. i'm having trouble altering the pattern. thanks for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fadedpink
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010 10:08:28 AM »

I started my increase at Round 6. The pattern I drafted looks like this:

Rnd 6: ch 3, dc in each of next 4 dc, 2dc in next dc *dc in each of next 5 dc, 2 dc in next dc, repeat from *.2 dc in last st, Sl st into 3rd ch of turning ch to join. 60 stitches total.

Continue onto round 6 in pattern as round 7. I also skipped one round between rounds 7 and 9 in the pattern to make up for the extra row of increase. At the end of round 7 (pattern round Cool you should have 66 stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kathy Leonard Czepiel on the Inspiration for A Violet Season
Chuck Thompson on Keeping Texas and Giving Up Florida
Chuck Thompson on the Creation Museum
Chuck Thompson on the Six Mosques in Mobile
Chuck Thompson on Southern Stereotypes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...