A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boy Beanie  (Read 1564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fadedpink
« on: September 12, 2010 06:54:17 PM »

I made my boy a beanie! Well, technically I made him two. The green one was a test because his head is slightly larger than what the pattern was for, so I had to alter it a little bit. Basically I just added an extra row of increasing. Turns out he likes it better than the black one (which has the different color stripe the pattern included) because it fits better. I didn't write down how I increased the extra row so I did the black one a little differently. But he likes them and that's all that matters!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brookie5686
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010 07:33:43 PM »

Too cute.  It's also great when your partner models and appreciates your work.  I'm working on a blanket for my partner, it's been nearly a year since I started, but he is very understanding.  Even encouraging me to take a crocheting class.  Your beanies are fab! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thanks for inspiring me!

~~~~~~~~~Current Swaps~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Swap Round 3 - Waiting for Partners
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010 02:15:04 PM »

Oh how I miss making beanies. It's too hot to even think about it at this point. I hope it gets cooler. I love the black and silver looking one, and by the looks of it, so does your boy. I want to bust out all of my stash and take inventory... your beanies are giving me that itch I can't scratch till I make a beanie! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fadedpink
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010 09:42:48 PM »

It's super hot here too (Florida)! But I'm making them knowing that soon it will get cold. Plus, he really likes them and that makes me happy. I say start your beanies that way when it does get cold you'll have something to wear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010 12:58:43 AM »

It's super hot here too (Florida)! But I'm making them knowing that soon it will get cold. Plus, he really likes them and that makes me happy. I say start your beanies that way when it does get cold you'll have something to wear!

Another great idea from you Fadedpink! Then when I have excess of beanies, I can give some away. Genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heffiecupcake
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010 08:24:19 AM »

hey. i'm making this beanie for a friend and he has a bigger head than the pattern entails, also. he measured it to be about 25 inches around. i was wondering where you put the increase row and how many stitches it is. i'm having trouble altering the pattern. thanks for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fadedpink
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010 10:08:28 AM »

I started my increase at Round 6. The pattern I drafted looks like this:

Rnd 6: ch 3, dc in each of next 4 dc, 2dc in next dc *dc in each of next 5 dc, 2 dc in next dc, repeat from *.2 dc in last st, Sl st into 3rd ch of turning ch to join. 60 stitches total.

Continue onto round 6 in pattern as round 7. I also skipped one round between rounds 7 and 9 in the pattern to make up for the extra row of increase. At the end of round 7 (pattern round Cool you should have 66 stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Syle Your Hair Quickly
How to Blow Dry Bangs
How to Create Tight Curls With a Hair Straightener
How to Get Wavy Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Curl Hair with Hair Straightener Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...