A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: toliet bowl sharks and the like  (Read 889 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leaf
« on: May 18, 2005 06:28:59 PM »

Ok so hello everyone Smiley
 i have a bit of a brain blockage. im making my boyfriend of 6 months a birthday presant, its kinda like a __ a box idea cept not. I have a rebock shoe box that has a huge english flag on the top (hes english Tongue) and inside is a patch for one of his fav. bands, a tshirt, and hopefull his favourite choc. bar, if i remember this one.  on the outside of the shoe box im putting loads of printed out pictures of things that weve laughed about, inside jokes ext. its going to be kinda a collage on the outside of the pictures. (on of which being a toliet bowl shark, he was afriad of these when he was little  Kiss)
so... i guess heres my questions
a) do you think hell like this?
B) how do i go about appling the pictures to the box. I dont want them to get all wrinkly. I though elmers glue and water or something but then that would make the pictures runny.  Im kinda running outa time and im just stuck for ideas. I dont have really anything fancy, tape glue i dunno what else. If anyone has any suggestions for that would be great  Kiss oh yea  and i also dont want the pictures all hanging out i would prefere if  i could not have flying off corners...
thanks a million
~leaf
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megan+mary

DANGER: CRAFTING ZONE

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005 02:54:39 PM »

Glue the pictures onto the box, then "laminate" it with clear packaging tape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will gladly do personal ATC swaps!

I've jumped on the wist bandwagon
pibbgirl
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005 03:00:04 PM »

If you want to do the modge podge thing with the pictures I've found that glueing the pictures on first with a gluestick makes them alot less wrinkly.  I think because there is less moisture and wet sloppy glue under the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trisarahtop
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005 06:36:06 AM »

I wouldn't use packing tape unless you absolutely have to. You should use Mod Podge to seal it. I've never really had a problem using the MP to glue stuff down, but you can really use whatever kind of glue you want for that. Just definitely seal it with Mod Podge or an equivalent - it's made to seal decoupaged items and collages.

As for if he'll like it, I think you're the only person who can really say that. I think that most people would appreciate it at the very least, for both the gift and the thought put into it, but I can't say that your boyfriend will like it. Sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Facial With Celebrity Aesthetician Nerida Joy
Top 5 Best Natural Skin Care Products
Three Beauty Products That Moisturize With Hyaluronic Acid
Top 3 Antioxidant-Packed Snacks for Beautiful Skin
DIY Lip Plumper
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...