A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dragonflies!!!  (Read 1225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2010 03:01:18 PM »

I don't know why I haven't done this in the black before, I think the black turned out really cool! I think it's my favorite of this new batch.

and some ball and chain jewelry...I think this group will appreciate these Shocked)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010 03:06:09 PM »

Super cool! Love the purple dragonfly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ecuadoriana
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010 03:11:00 PM »

I totally LOVE these!!! They are beautiful. And I dig the ball and chain ones as well!!! Rocks! Smiley   Smiley   Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aisy
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010 03:36:12 PM »

wisting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nougatgee
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010 04:34:17 PM »

oooh lovely!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Confuzzle
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010 02:43:41 AM »

LOVE the last two dragonflies, and the morning star jewelry would SO make the people at work flip! (then laugh - I've threatened to bring in weaponry to hang on the walls before)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atomicjam
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010 05:48:48 AM »

I really like your dragonflies. The detailing is brilliant. The rivets and screw heads look cool.  I think my fave is the red one just because of the springs in its wings. I love anything with wings. And that thing could probably fly! 
And where do you get all those tiny gears from? They work really well (aesthetically, not mechanically  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010 08:31:09 AM »

Grin Thanks everyone! And I so knew the ball and chain would fit in here...such a deviant group  Tongue Weapons on walls at work indeed!

Thanks atomicjam! This was my first time adding springs to them and I like it, too. I had gotten my watch gears from an ebay listing, and not one I would recommend. I'm out right now and am planning to get a watch mix from fire mountain gems this time, IMO a better deal than can be had on ebay. I actually see auctions on ebay where they are selling the mix from fire mountain gems for at least 2-3x what you can get from them for. They're very good for aesthetics lol no flying  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Confuzzle
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010 09:34:31 AM »

Yes, weapons on the walls! The SO and I used to do a LOT of medieval reenactment, so have all the goodies. Last Halloween I threatened to do a faux finish on the walls of my room to make it look like stonework, and bring in some of the weaponry to hang up. My costume would be the executioner's hood over my scrubs (LMT at a chiropractor's office). It fits, since we jokingly refer to my room as the torture chamber, but the doctor's wife gave us all THAT LOOK and shut the idea down.

OK, since I'm brand new to polymers (just went out and bought my first packages at the 99 cent Michael's sale), how do you get the metal works attached? Do you put them into the clay before you bake it, then just hit it lightly with a bit of sandpaper to retrieve the original coloring?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010 10:26:49 AM »

OH! that's too bad that got shut down, sounds fun lol

Yes, I add everything before baking. so everything is actually secured within the clay, nothing is glued on. And I don't sand anything, that sounds like so much work and I much prefer to spend my time playing with the clay instead  Grin Baking doesn't harm the metal embellishments, stick with metal or glass, no plastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 1/10
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 4/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...