A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
353 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a Charming bag  (Read 1172 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2010 11:58:07 PM »

A while ago, the amazingly awesome Craftster craftylittlemonkey was kind enough to send me a box full of great crafting supplies.  In the box, among other wonderful treasures too wonderful for me to share, was a pile of charm squares just beggint o be turned into awesome things.  

My daughter needed a new bag for school and other important 8 year old girl type things.  She was roaming through my fabrics looking for something for me to use for her bag when she came across the charm squares. We started laying them out on the table and it took her about ten seconds to decide that she wanted a bag out of them.  An hour later this is what she was carrying around proudly:

And some more, which show the back and inside too:

Did you happen to notice the cheesy, very obviously not professional denim strip serving as a strap?  This happened because she a) wanted to make the strap herself and b) was too impatient to get to use her bag to wait for me to make a proper strap.  She found the denim and tied it on the key rings that I'd already attached to the bag and announced that she was now a bag designer.  I couldn't talk her out of the strap, and now, two weeks later, she has still not put the thing down for more than a few minutes at a time, so I can't complain!! (Also, try to ignore the big loose threads hanging all over.  I'm on my way to clip them off as soon as I hit Post.)

Oh, and I don't know if it's obvious in the pics, but this bag is super simple - no zips, no snaps, no nothin'.  It's also slouchier than I wanted it to be, but again, this is because the kiddo didn't want 'a stiff yucky feeling bag'.  She wanted it to feel just like a blanket, and it does, although it's blanket with no stuffing or batting, lol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010 11:59:05 PM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Juaniece
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010 08:36:26 PM »

Your 8 year old helped design this?!! that is great!  (I had not seen this post before.... wondering if the bag is well used by now!) I LOVED  your story about your daughter putting the strap on and exclaiming she was a designer! How cute!

Thank you for sharing! I hope your daughter has continued to "design"!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010 06:51:09 AM »

Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken and Bacon Roll-Ups
How to Make Open-Faced Pimiento Cheese BLTs
Jonathan Waxman: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Make Breakfast Rock With Homemade Pop Tarts!
How to Make a Meatloaf with Chili Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...