A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Halloween Swap Round 4  (Read 8591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2010 12:43:13 PM »

Argh - so sorry.  I've been absent for a while and am super late posting these great pics.  I got a wonderful package from DanniQuee.  The quality of her work is just amazing - I know it won't come across as well in photos but I am telling you it is awesome.

A great shrine which will go on my "Day of the Dead" shelf and be up all year long and a gorgeous altered book.

Shrine opened: 

Closeup:

Book: 

and all the wonderful pages: 

I wanted to be able to show you all the wonderful pages, hence the clickable tiny pics.

Thanks to everyone who said nice things about what I made.  I feel very fortunate to have been in this swap so many times, the things people make are always so great and it's great to be part of such a talented group. 

For the people who asked the fabric is Michael Miller - there are two different colors - one has a cream colored background the other one is orange - both have black silhouettes.  It is super cute fabric.  DanniQuee had it on her Wist and I found it on eBay.  I was kind of sad that it turned out it took more fabric than I thought and I don't know if I have enough left to make one for me Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010 11:54:02 AM »

I just got my package today from SharLaMarz and not that I am bragging (hehe) but I got the coolest package EVER!!!!
a black cat paper decoration....this looks just like the old ones...too cool!

A lil spider dude...a bit like beetlejuice. Love him!

And the ultimate wide eyed classic vintage pumpkin. This is the most awesome thing ever! I wonder why they do not make stuff with this look anymore. That would have scared the hell out of me when I was younger LOL he is a dish so I can put candy or ther goodies in him.

Spider guy and the pumpkin together.

Thanks so much for a great swap Shara!!! Your goodies rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010 12:10:57 PM »

Yay! I'm so gld you love everything! It was a bit hard letting them go but you sent me an awesome package so I wanted to send you an equally great one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010 08:37:12 PM »

I'm back from vacation and wow, this gallery has grown! There are too many wonderful things to pick favorites... it's all so amazing. Cheesy

I'm happy to see the shrine made it there (mostly?) safe Karen. Did the lady have an accident or is there just an awkward shadow?  Undecided

This whole gallery is just the bit of pick me up I need this month since I returned home with what I had thought was all of my Halloween decorations (when we moved, we had to leave them at my mom's as we had run out of room in the truck) but as it turns out, we left about half of them back in NJ... 800 miles away.  Roll Eyes I suppose I'll have to get crafting things to match some of the wonderful goodies Karenlouisem made me if this place is going to be in shape for the 31st!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

seamaiden75
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010 10:53:36 PM »

Wow Shara! Those are fabulous!!! I especially love the black cat and the pumpkin dish!

Love the picture with spider guy sitting inside pumpkin head!! Hehe his little black eyes peeking over the top. Too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't have a TV now but that's ok the shows in my mind are almost always better.
The Maxx

My Wists http://www.wists.com/seamaiden75
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010 07:21:08 AM »

Those altered books are always fun to make.  Sometimes it's difficult for me to alter old photographs like that because in the back of my mind I'm thinking "this is someone's relative".  I have found some books at the library that have Victorian photographs and scanning those and using them is easier than picking up old photographs in an antique store.  I couldn't ever use old family photographs.

Sharla, is the pumpkin papier-mache? It turned out really awesome!  Did you use a balloon for the mold?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010 08:51:49 AM »

Thanks seamaiden! I really loved them too! I will definitely be making some cats to hang around my house!

irid3sc3nt, Thanks! Yes the pumpkin is paper mache. I used a clear glass bowl so he can be used as a candy dish or something. All of the facial features are paper too. This was my first (well second...the first broke) attempt at paper mache. Im really happy with how it turned out. The spider guy is actually supposed to be a skeleton. He has two arms and two legs instead of eight. Grin  But if you want him to be a spider sweetyetevil you could shove a few more pipe cleaners in him! Hahaha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
seamaiden75
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010 11:01:52 AM »

Prepare for wisting, here is what seamaiden75 sent to me!  I didn't get photos of it all wrapped up nice with ribbons and tissue.  I just kinda tore into it  Embarrassed

I did wist some. The pin cushion is amazing. I love the idea of trading out my pin cushion to match the seasons. And the die cut is fabulous. I love vintage cats. Have you posted the recipe for your fudge because is sounds wonderful. Love this package.

szuzu1969 I am so sorry I don't know how I missed your post. I wasn't ignoring you I promise. I would love to post the recipe but give me till next week so that I can get my 13 days of Halloween Swap mailed out first. By the way thanks so much for your compliments on the package that I sent.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't have a TV now but that's ok the shows in my mind are almost always better.
The Maxx

My Wists http://www.wists.com/seamaiden75
.:dollface:.
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010 02:05:44 PM »

I don't know why, but I'm always late to the gallery of swaps...

great work everyone!!! some really great ideas! i love everything! i think my wist button is going to burn out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2010 09:16:39 AM »

Im really happy with how it turned out. The spider guy is actually supposed to be a skeleton. He has two arms and two legs instead of eight. Grin  But if you want him to be a spider sweetyetevil you could shove a few more pipe cleaners in him! Hahaha!
LMAO I love my spider guy even if he is missing some limbs!! I still think he looks like Beetlejuice haha He is displayed with the pumpkin head on my shelf. I love em!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Use Dry Shampoo to Make Your Blowout Last for Days
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Boys
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Girls
How to Remove Hair Extensions
How to Get What You Want at the Hairdressers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...