A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,530
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Halloween Swap Round 4  (Read 8721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aisy
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010 09:28:21 AM »

this swap has been adding to my crazily long wist-i love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seamaiden75
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010 04:13:23 PM »

Hey Everybody! OMG!!! I got irrid3sc3nt's package today and it is the BOMB!!! Love it! Warning Very Image Heavy!!

First a shot of everything right out of the box.

Ok since you can already see the charm bracelet I'm going to post pictures of that first. The charm bracelet has a witch theme. There are 7 (my lucky number being born on July 7th) vintage witch picture charms (which I absolutely love!!!), then there's a silver charm of a cat, a moon with a star and a frog, then there are the awesome beads as you can see. I love it sooo much! I have been wanting a charm bracelet for a long time! I see them on etsy all the time and can never afford them so thank you again.

an action shot (I had my 13 year old take it and it might not look that great but it actually works out because you can't see any of the stuff behind me that I'm working on for SharLaMarz for the Mini 13 day swap so no spoilers). Wink

Then she sent me an awesome cute note pad, which I'm going to keep right next to me on my little crafting tray.
It's called Little Lanterns and the artwork is by Johanna Parker.

Then even more AWESOMENESS! She hand painted me a snaggletooth wicked witch on a wooden hand made lazy susan! She told me it's an adaption from the Pop Ink "Goth-Icky" book. Gonna have to get that book by the way! My husband loves it he said it kinda reminds him of the witch on the Halloween Bugs Bunny cartoon! LOL! I love it!! I don't want to even put anything on it because it'll cover up the picture. Smiley Irrid3sc3nt you are so talented I could never free hand paint a great image like that. Thank you so much!!!

One last picture of everything but the chocolate covered orange marshmallow pumpkins (I shared those with my husband and daughter). Sorry I didn't get a good picture of it but I also love the Jack-O-Lantern Post stamp that she put on the orange colored paper note that she sent me.

Thanks again so much for everything irrid3sc3nt!!! I absolutely loved everything! Smiley You've been an awesome swap partner!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't have a TV now but that's ok the shows in my mind are almost always better.
The Maxx

My Wists http://www.wists.com/seamaiden75
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010 07:20:18 PM »

so many cool things posted!! very cool!

I'm back home now so will be caught up with all shortly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010 01:03:14 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything, seamaiden75!  That's pretty awesome that I picked your favorite number--it was purely incidental.  I noticed that the lazy susan was not turning well so I put a lot of WD-40 in it.  If it slides on your table you may need to put some contact paper under it.  I had a lot of fun crafting for this swap.  I tried resin again (the last time was about 2 years ago) and this time it didn't turn out disastrous so I'm feeling pretty happy about that.

I am also glad that the package made it there safely.  Sorry about the box being pretty ugly, but I had to cut a large one down to size to fit that lazy susan  Wink
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010 01:04:47 PM by irid3sc3nt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010 10:40:04 PM »

irid3sc3nt, great job on that bracelet. And I love the lazy susan! Very cool!

Quote seamaiden75 "(I had my 13 year old take it and it might not look that great but it actually works out because you can't see any of the stuff behind me that I'm working on for SharLaMarz for the Mini 13 day swap so no spoilers). Wink"

Lol!Hahaha! No fair! I wanna see!! JK! I love surprises! I'm glad you hid them with your arm! Haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
seamaiden75
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010 11:20:35 PM »

Hey irid3sc3nt. Don't worry about the box it was fine. Smiley Haven't had any problems with the lazy susan sliding but if I do I'll definately try that.
I haven't done anything with resin yet but maybe I will get to try something with it soon. Smiley I had a lot of fun crafting for this swap too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't have a TV now but that's ok the shows in my mind are almost always better.
The Maxx

My Wists http://www.wists.com/seamaiden75
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010 08:56:42 AM »

Love that lazy Susan it has a great graphic quality to it. Nice job
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010 07:27:46 AM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010 02:06:17 PM »

Hey irid3sc3nt. Don't worry about the box it was fine. Smiley Haven't had any problems with the lazy susan sliding but if I do I'll definately try that.
I haven't done anything with resin yet but maybe I will get to try something with it soon. Smiley I had a lot of fun crafting for this swap too!

I got a book from the library that helped me this time called "The Art of Resin Jewelry" by Sherri Haab.  The only thing I thought was kindof weird was that she suggests using a respirator, but at the time I had lots of box fans in the house and the windows were open.  Maybe if it were winter time... the resin can get pretty stinky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010 05:51:53 PM »

I love the pumpkin. I think I will try to make a few of those for the season this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010 05:56:16 PM »

Prepare for wisting, here is what seamaiden75 sent to me!  I didn't get photos of it all wrapped up nice with ribbons and tissue.  I just kinda tore into it  Embarrassed

I did wist some. The pin cushion is amazing. I love the idea of trading out my pin cushion to match the seasons. And the die cut is fabulous. I love vintage cats. Have you posted the recipe for your fudge because is sounds wonderful. Love this package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Gabrielle Reece’s Tips on Marriage
How to Use Deadlines to Achieve Writing Goals
Adapting Standup Comedy Writing to Screenwriting
An Excerpt from A Farewell to Arms By Ernest Hemingway
How to Get a Literary Agent
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...