A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My very first Dress!!!  (Read 1914 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jackie_Eller
« on: September 10, 2010 05:59:21 AM »

Hi everyone!!!

This is my second post (1st one was a handbay I made, but a looong time ago!!) but I always come here for inspiration!! I must say that here I can find lots of it!!!

So, heres my story: I have a wedding tomorrow. But, I didnt know about this party till one month ago, cause its a coworkers wedding and I did not work with her so far...

Well, thing is I had noooo money to buy a new fancy dress, and neither wanted to miss the wedding. Nowadays, if you invite someone to your party, its because you reeeeally want this person to come, as you pay for each guest (and its not cheap!!)

Back to my need of finding a dress, I came across all dresses topics on crafter and found this one:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355194.0

I really liked it and the author indicated the instructions from this video by Carolyn Baxter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGqJGG_rKsY

Well, heres the result. And remember, the wedding is tomorrow, do you think I can wear it, will I be ok??

Let me know what you think!!!

The back view (I think I look too fat! OMG!!)  Shocked

A close up...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010 06:05:23 AM by Jackie_Eller » THIS ROCKS   Logged
iheartcheese

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010 06:10:12 AM »

I think you can definitely wear it.  It's quite glamorous and I love the colour Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may not have gone where I intended, but I have ended up where I needed to be.
Jackie_Eller
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010 06:17:42 AM »

I think you can definitely wear it.  It's quite glamorous and I love the colour Smiley

Thank you!!!

I definitely rely on you "crafster-girls" and your opion today is quite important!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nessie

I'm a seamonster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010 06:25:45 AM »

I think it looks really lovely and the color is gorgeous on you!  I would definitely wear it to the wedding if I was you.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

typewrittenwhimsy.e tsy.com
Indiana
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010 07:14:25 AM »

I absolutely love the colour too! You look great, it looks very classy. You should definately wear it. I hope you have fun at the wedding.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, PM me!

Happy Crafting! Smiley
hildegard
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010 07:43:01 AM »

I think you look very glamorous!  If you're worried about looking fat from the back, just get a see-through length of fabric and use it as a shawl.  This is what I do with all my backless dresses- handy for keeping warm in the evening and covering your shoulders/dcolletage if the wedding is in a church.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koolaidria

You stand where your footsteps lead you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010 07:46:02 AM »

You look amazing, there's NO reason not to wear it. When you say you look fat - - don't worry about it!! Us 'fiercly real' women (gotta love Tyra Banks!) should stop worrying about it. Although I do make sure I don't look 'disproportionate'. For instance, I have a long shirt I wear with leggings and it cinches my waist in so much that if I don't wear a little bolero or something I look disporportionate. Like tiny waist, huge everything else. Which is worse than 'looking fat'.
And girl, you look perfectly proportionate! You have some wicked curves!! Rock that dress! I say it's perfect as it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a nerdy flourescent curvaceous artistic musical lover of life and personal swaps.
Wisty Goodness
kimbleshi
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010 07:59:49 AM »

It really is a beautiful colour - I hope you enjoy the wedding Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kennyt
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010 08:31:09 AM »

A man's opinion? Both the dress and the young lady wearing it are beautiful. That color is perfect for your skin tone. And, no, you don't look fat in it. I think, also, that you accessorized beautifully. Have fun, just be careful not to outdo the bride.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jackie_Eller
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010 08:44:08 AM »

Thank you all!!!

Now, looking at the pictures over and over again, I start to get used to the idea of finally wearing something I made myself! It's such a dream coming true!!!

A man's opinion? Both the dress and the young lady wearing it are beautiful. That color is perfect for your skin tone. And, no, you don't look fat in it. I think, also, that you accessorized beautifully. Have fun, just be careful not to outdo the bride.

And... kennyt:  Thank you so much for your man's opinion!! I'm blushed!!!  Wink 

And concerning about the wedding: I'm gonna post the photos of the party, for sure!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Cool Sand Castle
AK-47 Art Show in London
Master Sand Sculptor the Amazing Walter
Baseball Hall of Fame Sculptor Mindy Ellis
Watch SamSam Bubbleman Create His Unique Bubble Sculptures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...