A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,959
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 14! (signups Sept 9-23/2010 Send out Oct 25/2010)CLOSED!  (Read 17850 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cricket416
Cats really don't like to ride bicycles, no matter how much duck tape you use.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2010 07:14:53 AM »

I have a really broad taste in music... mostly because I work with musicians a lot and I've been introduced to a ton of different genres over the years that I normally wouldn't have listened to before.  Some of the musicians I'm currently listening to a lot are K'naan, Down With Webster, k-os, and Radio Radio (linked to youtube videos because many people probably haven't heard of these Canadians).  But some of my favourite musicians over the years have been Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, The Beastie Boys, Cake, Manu Chao, Daft Punk, and Bjrk.  

I am SO excited about this swap!  I have tons of ideas to make, but of course I won't know what is appropriate until I find out who my partner is.  Does anyone else have crafty things in mind for their partner, or am I just taking this too seriously?   Shocked

I have a running list of craft ideas for the swap on my whiteboard, where I usually jot down ideas for my next projects, but it's a very general list because we don't know who we'll be partnered with yet.  I think one of the best things about joining this swap is the inspiration for new projects that I've gotten just from thinking about what I would make for different people.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010 07:15:57 AM by cricket416 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LoeyD

I hate hems with a passion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2010 08:29:36 AM »

I think for me that once I get to know my partner more then I will be able to figure out what I'm going to make them. I wanna know who my partner is going to be! I'm so excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps-
Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap- Sewing
Little Visitor RND 14- Waiting for Partner.
Meilan Firaga
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2010 11:53:25 AM »

I am SO excited about this swap!  I have tons of ideas to make, but of course I won't know what is appropriate until I find out who my partner is.  Does anyone else have crafty things in mind for their partner, or am I just taking this too seriously?   Shocked

I have a little series of ideas jotted down.  Thursday is just coming so slowly!  I want to find out who my partner is so I can get down to specifics and start shopping for any supplies I might not have on hand.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2010 12:34:21 PM »

I'll close signups at noon (MST) on Thursday so if anyone is stalking and sitting on the fence out there, you've got just under a day and a half to join up!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
FelisPixelus
>^.^<

the Cat Who Walks Through the Web

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2010 04:52:17 PM »

Cheesy Thanks for all the afghan love!!

windgie- It's worked in rows, no separate motifs.
Crafty01- King size bed, and forever. It was actually several years from the time I started and the time I finished, it would spend months in a plastic bin before I would get it out and do some more work on it. So I'm really not sure how long the actual work was. About half of it, all the blue parts, were done within 5 months.
and Mei- it's a modified shell stitch pattern. My friend sent me a pattern she liked and I didn't like the way the rows were working so I played with it until I was happy. You can see the shells in this pic:

Also see where I joined a blue band to the purple, what was the base row. This is what happens when they stop producing the colors of yarn you're using. So I switched to blue, and had to add blue on the bottom as well to make it look right. shh, I meant to do that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. (R.A.H.)
napolitana
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2010 05:03:31 PM »

Wow, Felis, I can imagine all the work that went into that quilt! And I think that all that yarn must have felt really heavy when you had to sew the rows together!

Regarding crafts, I'm trying to end my fear of the sewing machine. Sewing is not my forte. But lately, I've doing quilt blocks WITH THE MACHINE! Yay! I want to make my own bags and purses. I have lots of them... but it's never enough. LOL! And to tell you the truth: I'd love to be able to make my own shoes! I looooove ballerina flats: I must have like 7 of them. And now I've bought a new pair: they are white, with a comic book (kinda pop-style) print in green.

I have a couple of ideas to make for my partner... but it's better to know who is going to be! In that way, I'll be more sure about what I'll do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.
lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2010 05:13:18 PM »

I'd love to join but i haven't been a member long enough! ^_^ A friend just pointed me to this site the other day, and I've been wasting entirely too much time since then just cruising through the forums.  Can't wait til I get to do my first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
p.kok
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2010 12:16:14 AM »

i don't really have ideas yet:) i mean i kinda know in which direction i might go and what kind of small and medium items i could make, but i want to know who my partner is before i really start thinking:)

and napolitana, i totally get the "i want to make my own shoes". I would love to know how to make shoes but i guess that's a really really difficult craft:) I'm obsessed with shoes, i probably have 40 pairs all together:) or more:) and sewing bags isn't that hard, you should really try it out:) sewing machines are kinda scary at first, but once you get to know them, you become great friends:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LoeyD

I hate hems with a passion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2010 07:56:45 AM »

I am so excited! I can't wait to get to know my partner better. I think this swap will help us build friendships on this site. So now we wont just be 'stalkers' we will be a part of a group!!! I am excited to see what creations we come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps-
Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap- Sewing
Little Visitor RND 14- Waiting for Partner.
Ashley G.
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2010 05:29:26 PM »

woohoo, can't wait to get started tomororow Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Developers. Developers. Developers. Developers."
- Steve Balmer

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Retouching the Background in Photoshop
Processing the Raw File
Post Production of a Landscape Photograph
Post Production of a Low Light Photography
Merging Layers in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...