A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 14! (signups Sept 9-23/2010 Send out Oct 25/2010)CLOSED!  (Read 16756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

windgie79
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2010 07:42:54 AM »

Felis, the afghan is amazing! Is it separte motifs sewn together?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2010 12:53:00 PM »

So we have a really good idea of what Tv we all like, how about music? Favorite bands or genres?
My fav bands are Metallica, Queen and Rammstein.   l..l, Cheesy ,l..l

Felis, That afghan is HUGE! How long did that take you to finish? Is that a queen or king size bed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
OrangeKnickers
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2010 01:02:35 PM »

Windgie, I madlove the Tetris blankie!

Welcome LadyUranus.  I used to live in SoCal, and one of the things I miss most is the proximity to the LA fashion district.  There's nothing like that here in NC.  You're so lucky to live close by.

I also love Project Runway, although I haven't seen any of this last season.  Some of my favorite musicians are Tori Amos, Rufus Wainwright, Anna Nalick, and Fiona Apple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist list

Will do private swaps for keys, cogs, and steampunk goodness.
p.kok
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2010 01:43:08 PM »

every time someone asks me about my favorite music on the Internet i juts post my last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/fenchurch_. as you can see, my all time favorite is Nick Cave Smiley but in the last year or so i have been listening to a lot, and i mean A LOT of female vocalists and i grew really fond of Regina Spektor and Emiliana Torrini. But when i sew i almost always listen to Jack Johnson, i don't know why. He's my sewing music.

and i have to agree with everyone who said it already,  FelisPixelus your afghan is amazing!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010 01:31:46 AM by p.kok » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meilan Firaga
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2010 02:10:08 PM »

Felis, everyone else already asked what size the afghan is and all that, but I really want to know: what pattern is that!?  Maybe my monitor is showing the picture wonky or I really need a new prescription on my contacts (both are probably true XD), but I can't tell and it's driving me crazy!

My guilty pleasure TV shows are sitcoms.  I don't actually watch a lot of shows as they run (never was big on sitting down to TV at the same time every day).  How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory have me hooked, though.

Music is...varied for me.  I like just about everything in some way or another.  I dislike "gangsta" or "ghetto" rap--I'm not sure what the actual genre names are, but that's what we call them here.  I'm also not a fan of Johnny Cash, but I blame that entirely on being raised in central Kentucky where they play nothing else.  -_-;;  I'm big on Emile Autumn, Adam Lambert, John Prine, Queen, and Meatloaf just to name a few.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashley G.
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2010 02:25:34 PM »

I'm going to have to watch this Project Runaway show. Tongue

And my favorite music....hmmm. I like Rush, Journey, Dio, Symphony X.  Die Toten Hosen and E Nomine are my favorite German bands.  There's this Finnish (sp?) Cello Metal group that I recently started listening to: Apocalyptica, and I think they're awesome.

And of course, there's many old school groups like, Earth, Wind and Fire in particular. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Developers. Developers. Developers. Developers."
- Steve Balmer

napolitana
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2010 05:28:14 PM »

Yay! I could log in while I'm staying at my grandparents'!

Wow, Felis, that afghan musty have taken a lot of time to make! I love it, it looks so warm! (oh, and the black cat reminds me so much of a cat I had)

So, now we're talking music, huh? I'll just `post what are the directories in my Mp3: Cream, Jethro Tull, Santana, the soundtrack of Guitar Hero 3, Guns and Roses, Led Zeppelin (yay! Today I bought the poster from Stairway to heaven), David Bowie (mostly, the Labyrinth soundtrack), Simon & Garfunkel, bossa nova, Crosby, Stills, Nask & Young,  Bob Dylan,  Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Fairport Convention, Jimi Hendrix, rock from my country, some greek music, Tchaikovsky (I started ballet this year), Creedence, Pink Floyd, more classical music (mostly good old Ludwig van), Rolling Stones, Queen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.
windgie79
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010 06:12:06 PM »

Thanks, OrangeKnickers!

Hmm, favorite music ... that's a tough one, but a great question! Mostly rock and classic rock: The Beatles, Warren Zevon, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Ben Folds, Rush, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, My Chemical Romance, Them Crooked Vultures, Rolling Stones, Journey, Heart, The White Stripes, Better Than Ezra, The Raconteurs ... just to name a few! Much of my iPod contains showtunes as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitty_Catty
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010 09:07:44 PM »

Hi - I have been stalking this one for awhile and was just brave enough to send in my questionnaire and ask permission to join. I have been a bit lazy with my crafting lately - so hope that joining this swap and HAVING to craft will get me motivated again.

I am 35 and live in Australia. I have dabbled in so many crafts over the years - my absolute current favourite is jewellery making - both beading and silver jewellery. I also love to crochet - but have only gotten as far as making afghans - I would love to learn to make cute little baby clothes but haven't gotten that far yet. I love to cross-stitch. I was really into papercrafts/stamping a few years back - so still have loads of supplies which I occasionally still use.

I live with my long term boyfriend and our 5 cats. I love my cats - they are like my children.

My current favourite show is Supernatural. I watch way too much tv. Other faves are Big Bang Theory, Medium, House, Survivor. My all time favourite show is Gilmore Girls and I have rewatched the episodes so many times - I am watching it on DVD as I type this.

With music, my favourite band ever is Pearl Jam.

I think that answers alot of the questions that have been asked and answered by others in this thread - but feel free to ask more if you want to.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Earthie

Baby Jayne: Born 2-26-11

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2010 02:34:46 AM »

I am SO excited about this swap!  I have tons of ideas to make, but of course I won't know what is appropriate until I find out who my partner is.  Does anyone else have crafty things in mind for their partner, or am I just taking this too seriously?   Shocked

I was recently in New York visiting my daughter and son-in-law, and my daughter was working on a "travel trunk" swap. It was funny because she and her best friend had both signed up for the swap, and they ended up getting partnered together, so it was a cinch for both of them since they know each other so well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I'd known having grandchildren was so much fun, I would've had them first!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Long Half Up Half Down Style
How to Curl Long Hair With a Flat Iron
How to Do a Long Hair Updo
How to Curl Long Hair With a Curling Iron
How to Style Long Hair With Pierre Michel Salon
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...