A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 14! (signups Sept 9-23/2010 Send out Oct 25/2010)CLOSED!  (Read 17805 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LoeyD

I hate hems with a passion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2010 03:08:57 PM »

My favorite craft most recent that I made was a TARDIS- It was about 2.5ft tall and stuffed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps-
Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap- Sewing
Little Visitor RND 14- Waiting for Partner.
OrangeKnickers
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010 03:16:15 PM »

I don't remember the first craft that I ever made.  I was crafting with my mother and sister since I was a kid.  It was probably floral arrangements, or something like that.

This is what got me into sewing though.  I was in a group that performed at renaissance fairs in California and we made our own costumes.  One of the directors is a teacher at FIDM in LA and taught me everything I know about sewing.  this is the first thing I ever sewed.

Sorry about the goofy looks.  I was on stage when these were taken.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist list

Will do private swaps for keys, cogs, and steampunk goodness.
crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010 03:49:45 PM »

Haha, I also can't remember my first moment of craftyness. But I do remember the first thing I ever crocheted. It's a grannysquare afghan, this cottoncandy looking multicolor acrylic deal. I think my mom has it, b/c I haven't seen it in a few years.

BTW! Very Important, I changed my user name.

Previously aries_1987, now crafty01_87.  I felt the need for a change, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
cricket416
Cats really don't like to ride bicycles, no matter how much duck tape you use.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010 08:36:29 PM »

OrangeKnickers, you must have had an amazing teacher and also be a complete natural with sewing... I'm so impressed that it was your first sewing project - that costume is amazing!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

napolitana
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2010 06:34:27 AM »

OrangeKnickers, you must have had an amazing teacher and also be a complete natural with sewing... I'm so impressed that it was your first sewing project - that costume is amazing!  Smiley

What she said!!

Amazing costume!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.
windgie79
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2010 08:19:01 AM »

OrangeKnickers, your costume is AMAZING!

Napolitana, I love your quilt - it reminds me of a quilt that I had on my bed as a kid. It was made by my great-grandmother and it used to belong to my mom. Instead of stars it was made up of hexagons put together in big flowers, but the colors and variety of fabrics you used are so similar. I used to love to sit on my bed and find my favorite fabrics in the quilt!

I've been crafting as long as I can remember, but my first really big project is also my favorite - a granny square Tetris blanket:

Another favorite:

My grandma used to make these all the time, and a few years ago she wrote the pattern down for me. It was missing a few steps, so it took me forever to finish the project! But now that I have one completed, I can use it as a reference to make more of them in the future!

Hmm, it's hard to pick favorite swaps, but I definitely agree with p.kok - I would love to have a created version of my lovable Fonzi! Napolitana, right with ya on the Harry Potter swap! Ashley G., I would've loved the Hello Kitty, steampunk and Sailor Moon swaps, too! Here are a few of my other favs:
Little Visitor: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347857.0
Sock Monkey/Sock Critter: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357029.0
GLEE: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352295.0
And the Girl Scout in me loves the Merit Badge swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=353646.0

I also love browsing through any of the "Tiny" swaps ... amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashley G.
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2010 05:41:05 PM »

That's a really awesome blanket. Smiley

OrangeKnickers, you must have had an amazing teacher and also be a complete natural with sewing... I'm so impressed that it was your first sewing project - that costume is amazing!  Smiley

What she said!!

Amazing costume!  Grin

yeah, ditto! Cheesy

I'm trying to improve my sewing skills. Smiley

I just wished I wasn't so bad at leaving projects unfinished. >___<
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010 05:42:23 PM by Ashley G. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Developers. Developers. Developers. Developers."
- Steve Balmer

Meilan Firaga
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2010 06:48:40 PM »

Sorry I disappeared for a few days, everyone.  My immune system decided to go on vacation and I have been vegetating on my brother's couch watching How I Met Your Mother (made it through two seasons XD).

I have been stalking the swap gallery threads for about a year now, and I can honestly say that the Buffy swaps are what catch my interest most.  I'm a huge Buffy nerd.  Smiley

I think the first big craft I did was a costume for an anime convention.  I'd done several costumes before, but I put a huge amount of effort into this original Moogle design made exclusively out of fleece.  

windgie79 -- I have oohed and ahhed over your Tetris blanket before!  That is absolutely amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
windgie79
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2010 12:46:20 AM »

Thanks, Meilan! Buffy is awesome - I'll have to check out the swap galleries, I'd love to see some Buffy creations!

A mini-iCarly marathon on Nickelodeon inspired a getting-to-know-you question for everyone ... what is your guilty pleasure?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cricket416
Cats really don't like to ride bicycles, no matter how much duck tape you use.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2010 05:18:02 AM »

My TV guilty pleasures are Project Runway and ANTM...

I have a pulp fiction book guilty pleasure too - the Matt Helm series, by Donald Hamilton.  I love trashy spy novels...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
How to Make Healthy Nigiri Sushi Recipe
How to Make Indian Dal
How to Make California Rolls with Special Sushi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...