A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sketchbook Project Swap  (Read 8408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nicoleburdsall

Happiness isn't good enough. I DEMAND EUPHORIA.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010 12:11:08 AM »

Haha aww Thanks Lady! (By the way, I have NO CLUE what happened with the octopus... I think I burnt it...)

Was it store bought shrinky paper or the plastic... left over food stuff. Or some other way that I have yet to learn about? 

Store bought. I just left it in like twice as long as I was supposed to... Woops. I have yet to try the leftover food stuff, but we'recollecting it to try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every single person has a secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion in the world."

50 things in 2012: List 6/50 Completed

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/nicoleburdsall
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010 01:28:17 PM »

I received from SonjaBoo yesterday - lots of paper stuff (4 photos):

First, lots of good scrapbook paper, sheet music and some old/vintage magazine pages.

Next, wrapping paper, wall paper scraps and some vintage book pages. I can definitely use the red bird paper - I have a few quotes about birds and hope.

Third:

More paper - some textured, ticket stubs, travel stuff, what looks and feels like stabilizer printed with a newpaper - I'm looking forward to using that! And hand-stamped images on receipts (love that idea!), vellum, vintage ads and some scrapbook tags.

Last one -

Lots of book pages - some poetry, giant playing cards, some ads and travel brochures and much more that I didn't or couldn't photograph.

Thanks so much Erika. I do plan to use some of these bits in my books - and for everyone else - good luck and have fun. Thanks Tero for a great idea and hosting this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010 01:40:17 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
DawnsTrees
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010 02:11:47 PM »

Wow there has been some great packages in this swap! I really love those vintage pages and the New Orleans / blues / jazz paper (wall paper?)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
starfish13
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010 06:37:31 AM »

What great packages!  I hope that my swap partner recieves mine soon.  I'm not sure how long it will take to reach Canada from the UK.  I haven't recieved from her yet either, so I reckon it will take a while to cross the Atlantic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012:  Uncharted Waters
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010 11:21:47 AM »

I received Friday, but haven't had time to post yet, sorry.... Gearing up for an exam tomorrow between kids, home and work.  I'll try and post tomorrow after my exam! Smiley Ok, off to work.  Have a great day everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, squared!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010 06:38:02 PM »

There are so many great things in all of these packages... I've been having a great time looking through the gallery and seeing what sort of tiny treasures are hiding in the photos. I would have loved all of these envelopes. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010 09:21:08 PM »

Tero, sorry to rush you or annoy with questions- but when do you think you'll start giving feedback? I want to organize a swap and I'm waiting for a spot to open:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DawnsTrees
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010 10:14:26 PM »

I received from Ffrogg526 today!  Wow what a great package (therefore this is fairly picture heavy!) I already have plans for quite a few of the pieces! My sketchbook topic is A Day in the Life so I wanted things that showcase daily life I have so much to chose from now!

First up: a map, dictionary pages, book pages, photos, ad cards, band fliers, the top of two Hillshire Farms dinner packets and two perfume ads (I want to incorporate multiple senses into the book, so these smells are great!).
I adore Can it text? Blog? Scroll? Wi-fi? Tweet? No. Its a book.

Postcards, business cards, brochure, zoo info and map, nice card from Ffrogg526
Love the old postcards!

Wood pieces, lottery tickets (sorry you didnt win Ffrogg526!), cool wings, feathers

Hand drawn borders, great stickers, band and event postcards

The group shot - notice newspapers, interesting papers on left side (they weren't captured in any of the other photos and I didnt realize it until just now...)

Thank you so much Ffrogg526! I am excited to use all of this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010 03:46:25 AM »

I finally received from IdlersDesign. I'll get pics up tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010 06:33:45 AM »

Tero, sorry to rush you or annoy with questions- but when do you think you'll start giving feedback? I want to organize a swap and I'm waiting for a spot to open:)

Smiley You should have feedback now. So organize away my friend. I am sorry it took me too many days to get to you. I was trying to decide when I should give feedback.

Rather than wait till the end I will do it as folks finish their swap. That means that pictures must be posted. If your partner is dragging their feet posting pictures of the package that you sent ( for very valid reasons I am sure Smiley ) Then you are free to post pictures so you can get feedback earlier.

Everyone keep checking both your status and the first page of the swap to make sure I have not missed something. Rememer this is my very first time so no one assume I know what I am doing. LOL

Everyones packages are so so cool. I would love to have any of them that have been posted so far. Some of you be looking for personal swap request from me soon.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John U. Bacon on the Fight For the Soul of College Football
Lydia Netzer Introduces Shine Shine Shine
Lee Siegel on Liberating Literature from Academic Pressure
Astor Place Vintage by Stephanie Lehmann
Allison Leotta Gives Her Top 5 Tips on How Women Can Stay Safe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...