A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny Haunted House Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED Send by 10/15/10)  (Read 12182 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2010 06:39:43 AM »

Welcome to the Tiny Haunted House Swap.  Original discussion thread here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358730.0

Tiny House Swap for Inspiration

Swap name: Tiny Haunted House Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: sazzra
Sign-up date range: 10th – 17th September 2010
Date to send item by: 15th October 2010

Limited to a certain number of people? : 20

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

Age requirement? 16+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES but N/A  Wink
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap

Due to the tight timeframe, anyone with a significant history of sending late will be refused a place on the swap. Sorry  Undecided

Details of swap:

You will be crafting one Tiny Haunted House for your partner.  This swap will have the same parameters as the OTT or One Tiny Thing swap.  Your house must be smaller than 4 X 4", and can be made in any media with any materials you choose.  The goal is to craft something tiny that you can create with a high level of skill.  Careful work, beautiful details, embellishment and interesting finishes/stitches/clay work, etc. are encouraged.  

You will have one partner.  You can only send your partner one Tiny House, so extras are not allowed in this swap.  We want a relatively low-impact swap that won't break the piggy bank on materials or shipping.

Rules of the Swap

Additional requirements:

1.  Keep in regular contact with me (the organizer).  When pm'ing me about the swap always put Tiny Haunted House Swap in the subject so I don't miss your pm.  If you foresee that you will have a problem sending out on time or have another issue please let me know as soon as it comes up.

2.  Keep in regular contact with your partner.  

3. YOU MUST PM ME AND YOUR PARTNER WHEN YOU SEND AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE.  If you are sending within your own country, you must have a DC# (delivery confirmation number).  When  you pm to say you have sent, be sure to include your DC number.  If you are sending outside of your country and cannot get a tracking number, you must keep your receipt as proof of shipping and preferably send me a scan/photo of it.

4.  When you receive, you must post pictures in the gallery. If you don't have a digital camera, make sure you let your partner know so that s/he can photograph their work before shipping, and post their own pictures once you've received.  This is a good thing to do anyhow, just in case (God forbid) your package gets lost in the mail or something...  

If you want to participate, complete the following questionaire and pm it to me (do not post your response in the thread).  

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Are you able to take pictures of your item to post in the gallery?:
What craft skills could you use to make your Tiny House (e.g. embroidering, papier mache, regular or polymer clay sculpting, wood carving, knitting, crochet, etc.)  
Describe your perfect haunted house.  This can include links to houses you love, favourite colours, favourite materials, etc... or you can leave it open and let your partner stalk and surprise you.
Do you have pets or allergies (or both)?
Is there anything you would really hate to receive (for example animal products)?  
Anything else you would like your partner to know (for example Wist)?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Participants:
1   sazzra
2   blupaisan
3   teag
4   barbolot
5   TheMistressT
6   cyndy225
7   greenfaerie
8   aisy
9   rvladams
10  petskin
11  Blackstitches
12  batgirl
13  cackle
14  NiinaMaria
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010 11:48:34 AM by sazzra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

“Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!”
sazzra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010 06:40:40 AM »

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010 03:19:22 PM by sazzra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

“Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!”
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010 07:50:26 AM »

huzzah!!!  I am going to submit my app this morning!  big grins
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
sazzra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010 07:58:36 AM »

Grin I'm in the UK, so don't panic if you're on daylight and don't get a reply, I will catch up with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010 11:11:27 AM »

Yeah I'm in- I am already drafted my pattern for my house
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sazzra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010 11:17:04 AM »

Good grief! That's fast work! I'm planning to get basic materials this weekend but that's as far as my planning goes Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010 01:50:38 PM »

Woo-hoooo!  Just sent in my questionnaire!  I'm overflowing with ideas already!  There are sooo many possibilities / themes / styles / materials,  you know?  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aisy
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010 07:20:19 PM »

this is an adorable idea-will have to think on this one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sazzra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010 07:23:52 AM »

A bit of a  Huh for those of you signed up or about to do so - would there be any objections to the sign ups finishing a little later (the 22nd to be precise)? It would allow someone who is interested but won't have been a member for a month to sign up, but obviously it will reduce the crafting time.

Thoughts? Objections? Rotten tomatoes? Feel free to PM if you'd rather Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010 08:46:35 AM »

A bit of a  Huh for those of you signed up or about to do so - would there be any objections to the sign ups finishing a little later (the 22nd to be precise)? It would allow someone who is interested but won't have been a member for a month to sign up, but obviously it will reduce the crafting time.

Thoughts? Objections? Rotten tomatoes? Feel free to PM if you'd rather Grin

I vote yes.  I think folks will be able to work on their tiny houses before partners are assigned, so the crafting time will hopefully not be an issue.  Besides, I know who it is and she's a fantastic artist with multiple 'hot new projects' over the past few weeks.  Her swap partner will be very, very lucky!  Thanks for opening this up for discussion, Sazzra!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Professional Hair Color Technique Lesson
Hair Foil Coloring Technique
How to Style Long Hair with Mogi Hair Education
Tapered Hair Cut Tutorial
How to Get a Khloe Kardashian Wedding Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...